2019-20 Australia home fixtures announced

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, especially being locked away on Fox. Much like last summer, nobody will even know the ODIs and T20Is are on. But why is the season so short, time was that March was still cricket season - even if it was mostly just the Shield.
Maybe its just my age, its still cricket season for those still playing the game I guess.

ODI at Bellerive March 20. Thats it. Same day as the start of the AFL season. I mean!!

Not even a womens International. WTF.

Now they know why we dumped our memberships. FWOT & money.

March 20?!!!!!

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I'm not sure about that. Its really just the 1:30pm-4pm time period being replaced by a 9pm-11:30pm time and I reckon you'll find more people are watching TV in the latter period.
While this is true, over the course of the whole summer they'll still lose viewers. If the D/N's were at Brisbane and Adelaide, as well as the usual time slot in Perth, then you would expect 7 hours and 40 minutes of Prime Time TV. This schedule however only allows for 6 hours and 50 minutes.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
When did that become a thing? I thought host nations had generally worked the detail within a few ICC requirements in the past.

Whenever the tournaments became the ICC's major source of income. Their sponsors on the grass and signage, not CA's.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Don’t really see the point in Sri Lanka coming out for 3 T20I’s.

Must say the thought of playing NZ on Boxing Day is quite exciting, although we all know the Boxing Day test is a snooze fest.

Would personally like to see us go over and play a Boxing Day Test there in 4 years time, same with SA if it meant them coming over here at that time of year.

Sammo360

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Last edited:

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Could have sworn that the Aus-RSA ODI at the new Perth stadium was an 11am start last year?

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Don’t really see the point in Sri Lanka coming out for 3 T20I’s.

Must say the thought of playing NZ on Boxing Day is quite exciting, although we all know the Boxing Day test is a snooze fest.

Would personally like to see us go over and play a Boxing Day Test there in 4 years time, same with SA if it meant them coming over here at that time of year.

imagine the social media meltdowns if that happened.

Would take a Boxing Day-Night Test in New Zealand over another "Do you remember when this was good?", going-through-the-motions MCG Test.

Back