Cripps Bontempelli Kelly - The soon-to-be big 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t make it any less true. Still a clueless post that couldn’t be further from the truth.
You have a reason to pump him up, i have no reason to discredit his ability, example, i think Fyfe is a jet, Kelly is silky and Cripps is a beast and Bont is class, see that, three from other clubs who i rate. Don't get all upset that i don't rate one of your players, do not say you are not, because it shows you are.

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well... I mean he is great but I wouldn't classify him as a Martin, Fyfe or Dangerfield equivalent thus shouldn't be able to command a contract thats above same or close to those 3 he is a rung or 2 below them.... seems to be overrated for mine, thats not an insult btw, because he is a very good footballer.
He finds a lot of the footy, he’s damaging by foot with his ability to set teammates up for goals or kick goals himself and he applies a lot of pressure with tackles and pressure acts.

He basically does everything.

He finds a lot of the footy, he’s damaging by foot with his ability to set teammates up for goals or kick goals himself and he applies a lot of pressure with tackles and pressure acts.

He basically does everything.

To use a whole bunch of similarly aged midfielders as an example.

Coniglio, Treloar, Jaeger, Shiel.... surely the same can be said of them? yet they aren't in conversations regarding 10 mil over 10 years...

What makes him so special? What essentially throws him into Buddy-esque contract status? Personally I think its driven by his very good management/media circle jerk over him, its doubtless that the bloke is seriously talented but is he really as good as made out?

Coniglio, Treloar, Jaeger, Shiel.... surely the same can be said of them? yet they aren't in conversations regarding 10 mil over 10 years...

What makes him so special? What essentially throws him into Buddy-esque contract status? Personally I think its driven by his very good management/media circle jerk over him, its doubtless that the bloke is seriously talented but is he really as good as made out?
Yes. To perform as well as he has in multiple awards whilst being smashed each week is a testament to that.

Out of the four players you’ve mentioned; the following don’t have anything like the disposal quality that Kelly has:

- Coniglio
- Treloar
- Jeager
- Shiel

with Coniglio being a fair bit better than the other three and still being no where near Kelly’s level.

You have a reason to pump him up, i have no reason to discredit his ability, example, i think Fyfe is a jet, Kelly is silky and Cripps is a beast and Bont is class, see that, three from other clubs who i rate. Don't get all upset that i don't rate one of your players, do not say you are not, because it shows you are.
I don't have any need to pump him up as I know how good he is. However unfortunately he's no longer in the conversation with the 3 mentioned in the thread title. The comparison with Lewis Taylor (who I rate as a solid role player) was what I said was a horrible call, which it is. There wouldn't be a coach in the league that would choose Taylor over Merrett.

I don't have any need to pump him up as I know how good he is. However unfortunately he's no longer in the conversation with the 3 mentioned in the thread title. The comparison with Lewis Taylor (who I rate as a solid role player) was what I said was a horrible call, which it is. There wouldn't be a coach in the league that would choose Taylor over Merrett.
people like to troll our players. i walk around now. dont have the energy to argue anymore
Like the McGrath comments about being a draft bust and just a good solid player. Whatever, ill just enjoy him playing in our colours :)

Bont the last two weeks has been kicking set shots from outside 50 and from the boundary. If he can consistently kick his set shots than it could catapult him to the best player in the game. Cripps is currently in front at the moment.

It’s obvious that he wasn’t moving anywhere near as freely last year as he is so far in 2019. And a lot of people were quick to jump off him. Saying he already reached his ceiling. Well so far this year he’s averaging more touches and has been more consistent over 4 quarters as he ever has. Is still 23 until late November. The sky is the limit. He should be our skipper.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps just isn't a big time, big moment player. Could've put his team 16 points in front with a goal from the stoppage, misses. 2 minutes later, kicks the ball out on the full, which leads directly to a Collingwood goal, getting them back in the game.

Cripps just isn't a big time, big moment player. Could've put his team 16 points in front with a goal from the stoppage, misses. 2 minutes later, kicks the ball out on the full, which leads directly to a Collingwood goal, getting them back in the game.
We just gonna ignore his contested mark at half back, sprint up the ground for the handball receive and goal from 50 to put Carlton back in front?

That’s a big time goal.

You, my good sir, have just outed yourself as someone who knows nothing about football.

Clueless avatar facial expression matches this post brilliantly.

He's been injured a bit recently, but Kelly's the best of the three overall. He's the best midfielder in the league when fit IMO. He's got everything.

Cripps is the best pure inside midfielder in the league right now, but doesn't have as much to his game as some others. Inside the contest, the guy is a freakshow.

Bont is a star, but is a fair way behind the other two IMO.

He's been injured a bit recently, but Kelly's the best of the three overall. He's the best midfielder in the league when fit IMO. He's got everything.

Cripps is the best pure inside midfielder in the league right now, but doesn't have as much to his game as some others. Inside the contest, the guy is a freakshow.

Bont is a star, but is a fair way behind the other two IMO.
Kelly at his best is better than any player under 25. Just not consistant enough.

I didn't say he was at the same bad level as Taylor, said he plays a bit like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back