Toast Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

this just in - player has flaws - more inside...........

A wandering 6’6 behemoth with no spacial awareness, that takes one mark in 5, yet has never, ever, ever once tried to punch the ball when out of position....

Saw they tried him at chb late.

What year is this??

Everyone should read the first post in this thread and consider just how far he has progressed in the five years since.
Says it all, really.

Everyone should read the first post in this thread and consider just how far he has progressed in the five years since.
Says it all, really.

And if this club wins 5 games this year and he’s played 18, then where the hell is this club???

And if this club wins 5 games this year and he’s played 18, then where the hell is this club???
Sure that's one way to look at it.
I'd suggest that they may be rewarding effort and backing their player regardless of result but who knows really?
Either way I believe 3 big mobile forwards is enough and Levi is surplus. No offence to Levi but he's had plenty of opportunity whether earnt or not, time to show that same love for Patty Kerr.
Mobility be damned he has the talent, smarts, ability and competitive game, just needs the experience of the seniors to grow.

Casboult has Ratugolea covered and would perform better in a lower pressure enviroment in a better side. So would make the best side in the comp.
Not sure Scott would pursue casboult this coming off season

Sure that's one way to look at it.
I'd suggest that they may be rewarding effort and backing their player regardless of result but who knows really?
Either way I believe 3 big mobile forwards is enough and Levi is surplus. No offence to Levi but he's had plenty of opportunity whether earnt or not, time to show that same love for Patty Kerr.
Mobility be damned he has the talent, smarts, ability and competitive game, just needs the experience of the seniors to grow.

Why not go 2 big forwards and the rest smalls??

Hell, any AFL coach in the the last 50 years has done nothing more than copy the previous years premiers.

There ain’t no blueprint.

FWIW I thought Kerr was really good in all his AFL games and don't know why he was dropped or why he was never brought back in

Team balance.

He's stiff because he's probably the best performed VFL player with the most runs on the board, yet others get a look in before him.

He's just got to keep plugging away. Opportunities will eventually present themselves.

Not sure Scott would pursue casboult this coming off season
Never said he would, but the reality is he is currently playing better than Ratugalea.

People always say that the bottom 6 separates the good teams from the bad but you only find out how good the bottom 6 are when the top 6 don't turn up. Compare Tigers 2017 v 2019. Dusty playing footy as good as anyone has ever played made a lot of average players look much better than they are. Can anyone think of a bottom 6 /fringe player from Geelong that ever played good football elsewhere(maybe Walker at Brisbane).

Why not go 2 big forwards and the rest smalls??

Hell, any AFL coach in the the last 50 years has done nothing more than copy the previous years premiers.

There ain’t no blueprint.
Whatever works.
Shame we don't have many effective smalls.
Wouldn't mind seeing a game with:
Silvagni - C Curnow - Fisher/Polson
Cunningham - McKay/Kerr - Fasolo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team balance.

He's stiff because he's probably the best performed VFL player with the most runs on the board, yet others get a look in before him.

He's just got to keep plugging away. Opportunities will eventually present themselves.
What a shame.
Sometimes I feel the club just doesn't know what it's got until it's gone.
Hopefully we throw him a bone for the seniors before he leaves for opportunity.
Watch the Bulldogs and Saints go after him.

One of our best v the bulldogs. We won. Basically played good when Kreuze was on field this year.
Got to love our 'Levi the always maligned'
Love him coz he's a Carlton man.
But being practical we can do so much better.
Even Billy Gowers has had more good effective games in his time at the Dogs than Levi in his entire career.

A wandering 6’6 behemoth with no spacial awareness, that takes one mark in 5, yet has never, ever, ever once tried to punch the ball when out of position....

Saw they tried him at chb late.

What year is this??
1722 thylacine60 is 14 years old

Every time he throws his weight around he gets penalised and everyone bags his lack of composure.

Who else in the history of the AFL has been punished for ‘attempting to throw the ball back too hard’ and suspended for an open handed push to his opponents chest?

Good luck looking
I remember that "you threw the ball back to hard " when Levi quizzed the ump re the reason for the free ..
I spat my coffee out..
No one else in the history ,125 years of the competition or what ever it is has been penalised for throwing the ******* ball back too hard..

I love the big galoot.
Just wish head a better right foot.
Amazing set of mits.
Pity he's set shots give me the....
That's the thing BC .. he is no worse than most kpf have been the last few years !! It just looks bad as when he misses it's usually by a long way imo..
He can also bang them through from a good distance not too many others can imo..
In saying that the sooner our other guys come on and are good enough to take his place the better pur team will be ..

Last edited:
I remember that "you threw the ball back to hard " when Levi quizzed the ump re the reason for the free ..
I spat my coffee out..
No one else in the history ,125 years of the competition or what ever it is has been penalised for throwing the ******* ball back too hard..
I was at the game when "The Casboult rule" was invented. If nothing else the big clunker can leave the game with his own special Free Kick. No-one else in the History of the game can claim to have a rule made, enforced and forgotten in a moment, just because of them. Bartlett dropped the ball for several seasons before they changed the rule and pinged him. In other sports Bradman forced a change of stump size to try to get him out, Lindrum, world champion billiards player who lived across the road from the Sth Melbourne ground was too good at the "Nursury Canon" (look it up people) so the rules were changed, but only Levi was subjected to such an ephemeral rule. Used once in a fit of Umpiring Pique, never to be seen again. Kudos Big Fella

I was at the game when "The Casboult rule" was invented. If nothing else the big clunker can leave the game with his own special Free Kick. No-one else in the History of the game can claim to have a rule made, enforced and forgotten in a moment, just because of them. Bartlett dropped the ball for several seasons before they changed the rule and pinged him. In other sports Bradman forced a change of stump size to try to get him out, Lindrum, world champion billiards player who lived across the road from the Sth Melbourne ground was too good at the "Nursury Canon" (look it up people) so the rules were changed, but only Levi was subjected to such an ephemeral rule. Used once in a fit of Umpiring Pique, never to be seen again. Kudos Big Fella
Quoted for awesomeness

pure this :thumbsu:

Casboult has Ratugolea covered and would perform better in a lower pressure enviroment in a better side. So would make the best side in the comp.
He’s been shopped around plenty and there has never been any interest. Says it all really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back