Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d suspect they are now building his fitness. Running laps in a controlled manner as opposed to a game where he has to run, twist, turn in any direction.

Nah was being serious. He’s a decent defender but there’s no precedent to suggest he can make up for being pox so far by ‘dominating’ when he comes back. It’s not what we traded for. We traded for a mature bodied B grade defender.

If you use AFL Player Ratings as a guide, at his peak (two years ago) he was the 4th ranked defender in the AFL.

He finished in the Suns B&F top 5 twice. He also has 13 Brownlow votes. For context, Neville Jetta has zero.

He was a very very good defender in a shithouse team.

If you use AFL Player Ratings as a guide, at his peak (two years ago) he was the 4th ranked defender in the AFL.

He finished in the Suns B&F top 5 twice. He also has 13 Brownlow votes. For context, Neville Jetta has zero.

He would also be the 2nd best kick in our back half, lovely left boot.

He's not coming back from an ACL though

But he is coming back from a groin, running straight lines no issue. But during a game when you have to twist and turn any direction you can nurse a groin injury. But I suspect if he had a good pre season and was fit heading into round 1 and then got injured he would be back in the team already.

At his peak (last year) Oscar McDonald was the ninth best key defender in the AFL.

But he is coming back from a groin, running straight lines no issue. But during a game when you have to twist and turn any direction you can nurse a groin injury. But I suspect if he had a good pre season and was fit heading into round 1 and then got injured he would be back in the team already.
He was selected for the JLT and Goody said he was fit to begin the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was selected for the JLT and Goody said he was fit to begin the season.
The biggest irony of the season is everyone here celebrating that he was withdrawn from AFLX, a glorified training drill. In hindsight he probably wasn't even fit enough for that.

The biggest irony of the season is everyone here celebrating that he was withdrawn from AFLX, a glorified training drill. In hindsight he probably wasn't even fit enough for that.

Wouldn't the biggest irony of the season be trading out a pisshead for cultural reasons only to have that recruit get on the piss?

Wouldn't the biggest irony of the season be trading out a pisshead for cultural reasons only to have that recruit get on the piss?
Do we know how many sessions Bailey Fritsch has been doing in the pool?

I gather he’s had some recent relationship break down. Gone for 3-4 beers with some mates possibly as he was a bit down and his mates thought it was a good idea.
Someone takes a photo sends it to the media. A story drops. What Melbourne have done is a reasonably small reaction. They couldn’t leave it untouched. He’s only had to explain himself to the playing group. And attend some counselling.
I doubt there’s anymore to this story. But if the rules are no alcohol while part of the rehab group then he needs to follow the rules.
He has some hard work to do from here. I look forward to seeing him knuckle down and get fit.

Only 2 years ago, * we’ve got ourselves a bargain

Invisible about ya hero over in the West lately
Just basking in that winning feeling old son, as I’ve said before the fact Hogan’s gone is neither here nor there, what we got for him and what we turned that into makes me sick in the guts, but just think by the start of next year we will have a 28 year old full back who was ok only 3 years ago, pick 6 well spent.

For the record I couldn’t give a * he was on the piss when he shouldn’t have been

Just basking in that winning feeling old son, as I’ve said before the fact Hogan’s gone is neither here nor there, what we got for him and what we turned that into makes me sick in the guts, but just think by the start of next year we will have a 28 year old full back who was ok only 3 years ago, pick 6 well spent.

For the record I couldn’t give a **** he was on the piss when he shouldn’t have been
Mate give it some time. Seriously. You can’t just write him off yet. It’s similar to the Brian Lake deal, give him some time to get the dickhead out of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back