List Mgmt. Contract Status

Picking up from Dixie Flatline 's excellent list above.

Current known contract expiry by year as at 14th March 2024

Josh Bennetts (B), Luke Breust, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Jack Gunston, Blake Hardwick, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek*, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Jack O'Sullivan (2022 ND), Ethan Phillips (SSP) (A), Jack Scrimshaw, Cooper Stephens (A)*, Clay Tucker (A), Chad Wingard
Sam Butler, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Calsher Dear, Connor MacDonald, Finn Maginness, Seamus Mitchell (A) , Max Ramsden (A), Bodie Ryan, Jai Serong , Josh Ward, James Worpel
Karl Amon, James Blanck (A), Henry Hustwaite, Jarman Impey, Mitch Lewis, Bailey MacDonald, Cameron MacKenzie, Will McCabe, Dylan Moore, Jai Newcombe, Ned Reeves, Nick Watson, Josh Weddle
Mabior Chol (with trigger for 2028), Will Day, Jack Ginnivan, James Sicily

* Sourced Aug2023 from Herald Sun, HFC have never disclosed the contract lengths to my knowledge.
(A) Cat A rookie in 2024
(B) Cat B rookie in 2024

Last edited:
Most recently announced contract extensions:

29 April - Ben McEvoy: extended to the end of 2020
26 April - Ben Stratton: extended to end of 2020
16 April - Jaeger O'Meara: extended to end of 2023
14 March - Ned Reeves: one year rookie contract to end of 2019
11 February - James Worpel: extended to end of 2021

Contract expiry by year:

2019: Grant Birchall, Shaun Burgoyne, Jonathan Ceglar, James Cousins, Oliver Hanrahan$, Ricky Henderson, James Frawley, Conor Glass, Changkuoth Jiath (R), Harrison Jones (R), Teia Miles, David Mirra, Dylan Moore, Tim O'Brien, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Ned Reeves (R), Jackson Ross, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers, Will Langford*, Tim Mohr (R)
2020: Daniel Howe, Jarman Impey, Mitchell Lewis, Ben McEvoy, Darren Minchington^, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash$, James Sicily, Isaac Smith, Ben Stratton, Kaiden Brand$
2021: Luke Breust, Blake Hardwick, Tom Mitchell, Jack Scrimshaw, Tom Scully, James Worpel
2022: Jack Gunston, Alastair Clarkson, Liam Shiels
2023: Jaeger O'Meara, Chad Wingard

R: Rookie listed player
*: Will Langford retired after final list lodgment was due to the AFL. Was subsequently moved to the rookie list
$: In August 2018, the club announced that Kaiden Brand, Oliver Hanrahan and Conor Nash had all agreed to new deals with the club. The length of the deal was not announced.
^: contract length not confirmed by Hawthorn, suspected to be a two year contract.

2019: Grant Birchall, Shaun Burgoyne, Jonathan Ceglar, James Cousins, Oliver Hanrahan$, Ricky Henderson, James Frawley, Conor Glass, Changkuoth Jiath (R), Harrison Jones (R), Teia Miles, David Mirra, Dylan Moore, Tim O'Brien, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Ned Reeves (R), Jackson Ross, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers, Will Langford*, Tim Mohr (R)

Suspect the bolded will be gone, maybe Poppy too.

Nov 5, 2014
Wherever I leave my hat
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope we don't jump the gun on a TOB extension due to a couple of decent games, wait to the end of the season and judge his season as a whole.
Timmy Almost as a forward was a struggle to watch. He showed talent but always did not quite deliver.
We all know Tim is a good footballer. Third tall in the backline is his place. His best games have been as a back and there is no “almost” about his play... it is solid.

TOB will not win the Hawks games. But he could be a lock down defender who rebounds and saves the Hawks games for years to come.

For now Timmy Almost is Timmy Enough... he should get another year.

Last edited:

Wandering Hawk

All Australian
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He's good enough for at least another year. He's earnt it, and we're short of talls, short of depth, and have heaps of spare cap, whilst being hardly short of overall players to delist this year.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
A lot of young project players needing more time, who have significant x factor but need to round out their games. Would any be flicked out just to get another project player? maybe the later picks get spent on Finn McGuiness?
Unless of course recruits put them significantly down the pecking order and they seek other opportunities (although were told every other teams youth is streets ahead of ours)

• Cousins has signed on for a further two years, keeping him in the brown and gold until at least the end of 2021,
  • Moore and Jiath have both committed to one-year deals, seeing them through to the end of next season

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Bolded are the players I reckon are going to be gone at the end of this year.

2020: Daniel Howe, Jarman Impey, Mitchell Lewis, Ben McEvoy, Darren Minchington^, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash$, James Sicily, Isaac Smith, Ben Stratton, Kaiden Brand$
2021: Luke Breust, Blake Hardwick, Tom Mitchell, Jack Scrimshaw, Tom Scully, James Worpel
2022: Jack Gunston, Alastair Clarkson, Liam Shiels
I reckon the bolded ones in this lot are up potentially as trade bait this year- especially Smithy and Shiels. The others I reckon are currently trade bait/fighting hard for a contract.
Howe's form has been pretty solid since coming back into the side this year, but I still think he'd have himself on notice at the minute.

Contract updates:

24/7/2019: James Cousins extended to end of 2021, Dylan Moore extended to end of 2020, Changkuoth Jiath extended to end of 2020
23/7/2019: Tom Mitchell extended to end of 2023
29/4/2019: Ben McEvoy extended to end of 2020
26/4/2019: Ben Stratton extended to end of 2020
16/4/2019: Jaeger O'Meara extended to end of 2023
14/3/2019: Ned Reeves rookie contract to end of 2019
11/2/2019: James Worpel extended to end of 2021

Kaiden Brand$, Grant Birchall, Shaun Burgoyne, Jon Ceglar, Oliver Hanrahan$, Ricky Henderson, James Frawley, Conor Glass, Harrison Jones (R), Teia Miles, Darren Minchington, David Mirra, Tim Mohr (R), Tim O'Brien, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Ned Reeves (R), Jackson Ross, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers, Will Langford^

Daniel Howe, Jarman Impey, Changkuoth Jiath (R), Mitchell Lewis, Ben McEvoy, Dylan Moore, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash (IR), James Sicily, Isaac Smith, Ben Stratton

Luke Breust, James Cousins, Blake Hardwick, Jack Scrimshaw*, Tom Scully*, James Worpel

Alastair Clarkson (C), Jack Gunston, Liam Shiels

Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara, Chad Wingard

$ In 2018, Hawthorn announced contract extensions for Kaiden Brand and Oliver Hanrahan, but did not publicise the length of the extension.
(R) rookie listed player
(IR) international rookie listed player
^ Will Langford retired from AFL football following the submission of total player payments for 2019. He is therefore retained on the list (as a rookie) for the purposes of salary cap and list management.
* Length of contract not confirmed by Hawthorn
(C) coach

Sep 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia Any Sport
Wasn't sure where to post this but on the way home on the train after tonight's North game bumped into an ex-Box Hill Hawks player. He had a few but was still quite coherent and started telling me about how he was down at the Auburn hotel and bumped into Roughy, Jordan Lewis and Johnny Barker (had photos on his phone of the 3 of them so that much looked very true) and he was saying they were convinced Clarko gone to Carlton for $11Mill over 5 years.

He said he was at Box Hill from 2000 to 2004 and was crapping on about Donald McDonald and saying how Libba was one of the biggest c!@#%s he had ever met so them being the coaches over those years put him as being true on that score.

The years he served he may have had a small cross over with the other boys but doubt they would have had much to do with each other.

My guess is he bumped into them and got chatting about Box Hill and maybe they had met many years ago but doubt they would have been close at all.

Anyway for what's its worth - which is probably not alot.

zucchini

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think these 7 will be delisted...
Roughy
Shoey
Poppy
Miles
Mohr
Mirra
Ceglar

I think these 7 will be delisted...
Roughy
Shoey
Poppy
Miles
Mohr
Mirra
Ceglar
Why on earth would we delist Ceglar? If McEvoy goes down then who do we play? Pittonet would be the only dedicated ruck option. Otherwise you'd have to throw Lewis or Patton into the ruck. Far from ideal.

I can see Ceglar leaving for more opportunity, but he's certainly not going to be cast aside by the club.

Rioli the king

Debutant
Aug 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wasn't sure where to post this but on the way home on the train after tonight's North game bumped into an ex-Box Hill Hawks player. He had a few but was still quite coherent and started telling me about how he was down at the Auburn hotel and bumped into Roughy, Jordan Lewis and Johnny Barker (had photos on his phone of the 3 of them so that much looked very true) and he was saying they were convinced Clarko gone to Carlton for $11Mill over 5 years.

He said he was at Box Hill from 2000 to 2004 and was crapping on about Donald McDonald and saying how Libba was one of the biggest c!@#%s he had ever met so them being the coaches over those years put him as being true on that score.

The years he served he may have had a small cross over with the other boys but doubt they would have had much to do with each other.

My guess is he bumped into them and got chatting about Box Hill and maybe they had met many years ago but doubt they would have been close at all.

Anyway for what's its worth - which is probably not alot.
I’m a regular at the Auburn Hotel and personal friends with Johnny Barker and Roughy( who both live walking distance to the pub) . I’ve seen those 3 on many occasions and Johnny often texts me to join them. I’m a diehard supporter and try and get what I can out of them, and as a friend they don’t give much away.
I’d find it very unrealistic that they would tell a stranger any news and they don’t really drink a lot at these catch ups. Any info I get is after the season which I’ve only shared once on here and that was the Impey deal. If I get told to keep something to myself I do. 99% sure this is false.

Rioli the king

Debutant
Aug 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Contract updates:

24/7/2019: James Cousins extended to end of 2021, Dylan Moore extended to end of 2020, Changkuoth Jiath extended to end of 2020
23/7/2019: Tom Mitchell extended to end of 2023
29/4/2019: Ben McEvoy extended to end of 2020
26/4/2019: Ben Stratton extended to end of 2020
16/4/2019: Jaeger O'Meara extended to end of 2023
14/3/2019: Ned Reeves rookie contract to end of 2019
11/2/2019: James Worpel extended to end of 2021

Kaiden Brand$, Grant Birchall, Shaun Burgoyne, Jon Ceglar, Oliver Hanrahan$, Ricky Henderson, James Frawley, Conor Glass, Harrison Jones (R), Teia Miles, Darren Minchington, David Mirra, Tim Mohr (R), Tim O'Brien, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Ned Reeves (R), Jackson Ross, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers, Will Langford^

Daniel Howe, Jarman Impey, Changkuoth Jiath (R), Mitchell Lewis, Ben McEvoy, Dylan Moore, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash (IR), James Sicily, Isaac Smith, Ben Stratton

Luke Breust, James Cousins, Blake Hardwick, Jack Scrimshaw*, Tom Scully*, James Worpel

Alastair Clarkson (C), Jack Gunston, Liam Shiels

Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara, Chad Wingard

$ In 2018, Hawthorn announced contract extensions for Kaiden Brand and Oliver Hanrahan, but did not publicise the length of the extension.
(R) rookie listed player
(IR) international rookie listed player
^ Will Langford retired from AFL football following the submission of total player payments for 2019. He is therefore retained on the list (as a rookie) for the purposes of salary cap and list management.
* Length of contract not confirmed by Hawthorn
(C) coach
Obviously Roughy is going and Langford has retired, but I would delist Miles, Minchington, Mohr, Shoey for starters, that would give us 5 picks in the draft (not including Langford). Hopefully we add Patton and Coniglio. Which would bring us to 3 picks ( 1 pick will be Finn McGuinness) and hopefully we use our first and 2nd before a bid on Finn comes. That would leave us with a rookie pick and 2 cat B selections, unless we delist Birch or trade for Hill with Smith and Ceglar. Also Poppy amd Burgs aren’t safe , but I would keep them if possible. Hope that makes sense, just typing out loud. Would love Kemp with our 1st pick (even though he’s done his ACL) and hopefully get McAsey, Pickett or Elijah Taylor before a bid for McGuiness comes. Once again just thinking out loud😂👍🏼

Back