Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

You've got it a bit wrong. The Wing of Redemption isn't a rule, it's more just a magical force field. Look at what it's done to Chris Mayne since we popped him in there.
When Chris Mayne came to Shawshank...

Ben Brown is the one that hurts. Such a bargain too. He'd compliment this team perfectly. I still hope we get him somehow.
Plays too much for frees and is useless once the ball hits the deck. Him and Cox in the same forward line wouldn’t work.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Saintly getting hives.

Very very happy to see my boy back to full training.

Saintly getting hives.

Very very happy to see my boy back to full training.

Obscure, but your post made me think of this song and this poem:

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Annabel Lee;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea,
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
I and my Annabel Lee—
With a love that the wingèd seraphs of Heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;
So that her highborn kinsmen came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre
In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in Heaven,
Went envying her and me—
Yes!—that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we—
Of many far wiser than we—
And neither the angels in Heaven above
Nor the demons down under the sea
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;

For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams
And the stars never rise, but I feel the bright eyes
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling—my darling—my life and my bride,
In her sepulchre there by the sea—
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
I wonder how he squeezes his way into the team, i think hes apart of our best 22 but spots down that part of the ground seem pretty settled.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wonder how he squeezes his way into the team, i think hes apart of our best 22 but spots down that part of the ground seem pretty settled.
Here we go:

Add Maynard as the 7th of that defensive division:

B. M Scharenberg ~ J Roughead ~ T Langdon
HB. J Howe ~ D Moore ~ J Crisp
I. B Maynard

I wouldn't play him ahead of our other flankers, but I'd play him as a tall ahead of Roughy. Lose a bit defensively in the air, but gain a bit offensively in the air and a fair bit at ground level, which is where I think our defensive concerns lie

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
who misses? Aish? very tall down back with the exception of Maynard...
Any of Aish, Varcoe etc always.

That’s the best 7 I think.

Maynard and Crisp can play smaller and Howe can fly more too. There will always additional support from others as required who play more middle and up the ground.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
who misses? Aish? very tall down back with the exception of Maynard...
Who is 189cm himself, basically the same height as Crisp/Langdon/Howe/Scharenberg.

Geelong 2007-2011 played a very tall backline.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is 189cm himself, basically the same height as Crisp/Langdon/Howe/Scharenberg.

Geelong 2007-2011 played a very tall backline.
I’m rest gamed to players now being just way taller and some play smaller if required (if they can).

It’s almost like if you do not get to say 178-180cm + with few exceptions you’ll struggle to get games.

I wouldn't play him ahead of our other flankers, but I'd play him as a tall ahead of Roughy. Lose a bit defensively in the air, but gain a bit offensively in the air and a fair bit at ground level, which is where I think our defensive concerns lie
I’d play him ahead of Aish. Reads the play and intercepts better, and is a better kick.

I’d play him ahead of Aish. Reads the play and intercepts better, and is a better kick.

I know I'm flying solo on this, but I'd prefer Greenwood to either of them. I reckon ground balls are our biggest defensive danger and I think he's the best of the 3 at defending them and in terms of ball use, I'm happy to wear his shanks because he takes the game on more with his options and is more prepared to run with it. I hate it when we move it slowly, and both Aish and Shaz can be guilty of that.

I know I'm flying solo on this, but I'd prefer Greenwood to either of them. I reckon ground balls are our biggest defensive danger and I think he's the best of the 3 at defending them and in terms of ball use, I'm happy to wear his shanks because he takes the game on more with his options and is more prepared to run with it. I hate it when we move it slowly, and both Aish and Shaz can be guilty of that.
You’re right. You are flying solo on this.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Matthew did don’t move the ball slowly.
All pose and class and finding the right option.
And not slowly either.

Just my take :)

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he can squeeze in, we will have some handy depth down back.

I hope this is the end of his bad luck and we can see what he can become. The guy has talent

Back