Preview Round 8: Showdown 46 (Port vs Crows); Sat 11th May, 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'll be well beaten, but it'll be hilarious after our Co-Captains debacles so far this season, if a massively undermanned Port pulls off a win under Boak's leadership. I bet Ken and co. won't be too disappointed with a loss for this reason. They really can't take (legitimate) criticism.

I reckon we get the little things right like game plan, structure, selection and the big things like showing enough professionalism to check you are not sending s**t out with errors will flow naturally....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll melt if our ruck combination gets beaten by those 'replacements' the crows have for Jacobs. If our rucks do win the hitouts I'll melt if the crows mids pick them off better than our mids.
It's not unusual to win clearances while being smashed in hit-outs. If you know your ruckman is going to be smashed, you don't have to worry about whether they're going to win the hit-out or not, you just rove to the opposing ruckman. Which the opposing mids don't expect.
In fact, this is often the problem with Jacobs - his hit-outs are so predictable, and can easily be picked off by an alert opponent. Paddy's definitely not predictable, not so sure about Lycett.

I think we'll be well beaten, but it'll be hilarious after our Co-Captains debacles so far this season, if a massively undermanned Port pulls off a win under Boak's leadership. I bet Ken and co. won't be too disappointed with a loss for this reason. They really can't take (legitimate) criticism.
We are not massively undermanned. On paper perhaps. Grey was clearly playing under duress and Wines was superfluous to our needs. Jonas is a big out, We have been playing without Dixon and Watts was another big out. If we lose we have no excuse....

Actually I think in the AFL it's allowed, because Boak was 10 in 1 game in the past.

Also some indigenous players including Buddy and old mate Silk wore #67 a couple of years ago to commemorate 50 years since the 1967 referendum.

In any event Boaky is only the acting captain so no #1 for him.

If there is one thing the club can do to tip us towards a win, a 1%er if you will, it would be to have Boak wear #1 for this game.

It would bring the roof down and go someway to showing that they are listening. If Ken says no, overrule him. If Ollie Jonas has a cry, tell them to toughen up.

This is backs to the wall stuff. Any little thing can mean the difference, and I believe that this would be one thing that would galvanise the club, it’s supporters and the players on the field. Even if only for a few hours on Saturday night.

If there is one thing the club can do to tip us towards a win, a 1%er if you will, it would be to have Boak wear #1 for this game.

It would bring the roof down and go someway to showing that they are listening. If Ken says no, overrule him. If Ollie Jonas has a cry, tell them to toughen up.

This is backs to the wall stuff. Any little thing can mean the difference, and I believe that this would be one thing that would galvanise the club, it’s supporters and the players on the field. Even if only for a few hours on Saturday night.

They will not go anywhere near it IMO.

If we lose it’ll look a bit silly, but if we win they would’ve completely undermined their own “co-caps equals mo wins” stance, have to revert back anyway and then get drowned in yet another wave of supporter discontent.

I just can’t see them picking at this scab.

Rumblings from yesteryear KT was a snafl 'plant' to destroy the PAFC but it appears the contract was sub-leased to Hinkley.

OK, Port may jag a win (here and there) but this is not Port Adelaide. Reward good form says Hinkley. FFS.

They will not go anywhere near it IMO.

If we lose it’ll look a bit silly, but if we win they would’ve completely undermined their own “co-caps equals mo wins” stance, have to revert back anyway and then get drowned in yet another wave of supporter discontent.

I just can’t see them picking at this scab.

I didn’t say they would, I said they should.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back