Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has anyone had a skinful of Paul Roos lately? The bloke has really bought into the extreme footy commentator narrative of making really outlandish comments to just gather attention.

According to Roos, football is not the priority of May. I mean, is Roos in the inner sanctum anymore or just talking s**t on his little footy show? Anyway I thought he was ******* off to Hawaii post career?

It seems the media is just too attractive. Talk s**t and get paid seriously well.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Has anyone had a skinful of Paul Roos lately? The bloke has really bought into the extreme footy commentator narrative of making really outlandish comments to just gather attention.

According to Roos, football is not the priority of May. I mean, is Roos in the inner sanctum anymore or just talking **** on his little footy show? Anyway I thought he was ******* off to Hawaii post career?

It seems the media is just too attractive. Talk **** and get paid seriously well.

He is so far off base at the moment. I've heard the scummiest of journalists defending May in the last few days which suggests the story was a huge beat up.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
He also must have been the softest player of all time. Every week he begs for suspensions and complains about the niggle. I literally can't stand listening to him about anything anymore
The thing is I don’t think he was though, I mean he was a really good player. Check out his accolades. But then again, maybe you can be soft and really good? But god he is tedious, and he loves the sound of his own voice. You noticed that? Just really enjoys speaking.

2B71AC80-C123-4747-BA09-63244635E201.jpeg

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The thing is I don’t think he was though, I mean he was a really good player. Check out his accolades. But then again, maybe you can be soft and really good? But god he is tedious, and he loves the sound of his own voice. You noticed that? Just really enjoys speaking.

View attachment 670095
Isn't the joke though that he never had a man? Superstar player clearly 7xAA is HOF worthy but s**t is he a sook

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
May just needs some positive reinforcement. Have him do 100 x 100s but with a sneaky 7 ounce at the end of each sprint.
Remember David Cordner? Played in the eighties. Nickname Hollywood. I used to be his PT back about 10 years ago and he said that when he was playing Melbourne put them through that. Blokes dropping like flys he said. Few got through but overall it took them about a month to recover.

Piss was tipped post session as well.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Remember David Cordner? Played in the eighties. Nickname Hollywood. I used to be his PT back about 10 years ago and he said that when he was playing Melbourne put them through that. Blokes dropping like flys he said. Few got through but overall it took them about a month to recover.

Piss was tipped post session as well.
May would thrive on it. He’d be doing negative splits. His last 100 would give Usain Bolts record a nudge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Isn't the joke though that he never had a man? Superstar player clearly 7xAA is HOF worthy but **** is he a sook
80s equivalent of Dom Tyson in his first year with us. Great hair, looked like a gun, totally unaccountable. Maybe that’s why he kept ******* picking him.

According to Roos, football is not the priority of May. I mean, is Roos in the inner sanctum anymore or just talking **** on his little footy show? Anyway I thought he was ******* off to Hawaii post career?

It seems the media is just too attractive. Talk **** and get paid seriously well.
tbf what has May done to dispel Roos' thoughts?

Roos has always been big on young guys making sacrifices (ie drinking & going out) while they are young in return for getting to play AFL and get paid hansomely

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm comfortable with all the trash talk about May at the moment - in fact, the more the better. I think it'll get on his goat and motivate him to pull the finger out. Blokes like him need a bit of embarrassment once in a while to focus their awareness. He's a Brian Lake type - has talent but has a high dickhead quotient that needs addressing sometimes. I wouldn't write him off yet. There's time for a redemption story.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
tbf what has May done to dispel Roos' thoughts?

Roos has always been big on young guys making sacrifices (ie drinking & going out) while they are young in return for getting to play AFL and get paid hansomely
It’s a fairly presumptuous thing to say, that his footy isn’t his priority. I mean, really? Maybe he was having a couple when he should not have but it nowhere near means footy isn’t his priority.

It’s a fairly presumptuous thing to say, that his footy isn’t his priority. I mean, really? Maybe he was having a couple when he should not have but it nowhere near means footy isn’t his priority.
if football was his priority, why would he turn up to pre season at a new club in not optimal condition?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
if football was his priority, why would he turn up to pre season at a new club in not optimal condition?
I think it’ll hit home pretty quickly if he is picked and isn’t performing and letting down a bunch of teammates and coaches. I can’t see Goodwin having much patience if he just lazes his way through this year or next.

Plenty of players rock up in average condition. My point is Roos is getting tedious and these comments are just not really based off anything factual. He did work hard during the pre season you know, he got himself in good touch again.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Do we know what his "non-optimal condition" was tho? There is a big difference between running last in the 2km time trail with 8 minutes, than there is with 12 minutes. 8 minutes is disappointing for a senior player to be at the back of the pack rather than setting an example, but 4min/km is still pretty good for a big bloke ... while 12mins is park run type stuff.

I think it’ll hit home pretty quickly if he is picked and isn’t performing and letting down a bunch of teammates and coaches. I can’t see Goodwin having much patience if he just lazes his way through this year or next.

Plenty of players rock up in average condition. My point is Roos is getting tedious and these comments are just not really based off anything factual. He did work hard during the pre season you know, he got himself in good touch again.
Plenty of players do rock up in not optimal condition? I would say a few do, but not many. And then even less do to a new club

Do we know what his "non-optimal condition" was tho? There is a big difference between running last in the 2km time trail with 8 minutes, than there is with 12 minutes. 8 minutes is disappointing for a senior player to be at the back of the pack rather than setting an example, but 4min/km is still pretty good for a big bloke ... while 12mins is park run type stuff.
Not sure

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!

Do you have facts that May did train hard in the pre season?

The old saying actions speak louder than words. We know so far that;

May turned up in poor condition for pre season

Injured his hamstring and groin due to not being fit enough

Caught out drinking whilst being injured

All these factions or lack thereof would suggest football isn’t the priority. But I appreciate it is not as simple as that, he has issues outside football that may have caused him to make an error in judgement. He may be a footballer but he is still a human being, prone to making bad decisions.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
As for Roos, you may not agree with his opinion but he is paid to give one. Calling him soft is rediculous. Not to mention he built the bloods culture along with the playing group up at the swans, he took them from an average side into a premiership side with a culture that every side envies to this day.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
As for Roos, you may not agree with his opinion but he is paid to give one. Calling him soft is rediculous. Not to mention he built the bloods culture along with the playing group up at the swans, he took them from an average side into a premiership side with a culture that every side envies to this day.
Yeah and i respect and love Roos the coach. As a media performer all he does is complain.

Plus the bloods culture is a bit of a w***er, cool name but he won the same amount of flags as the ice culture at the eagles

Back