Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Weller and Hanley look good to go this weekend.

Corey Ellis will also be a decent return for the NEAFL team against Aspley.

Young had a knee knock may explain his limited impact against the Eagles.

Rankine 4 - 6 weeks hurts, but given that will include the bye. I reckon he will have a decent run at the 2nd half of the season.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
That sucks
We needed him playing and loving football up on the Coast.
All this time doing rehab will be hard

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The rankine news sucks but it’s in some ways a good thing - last thing we need is another entitled player who thinks the club revolves around him.

It’s good for the rest of the squad to prove their worth as a team, not feel like they’re reliant on one player to come in and save the day

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Er, whaaaat!?!

It's a hammy. He doesn't have a history of such injuries.

We've something similar going on with one of our young players. It happens.

Clearly no sense of humour north of Beenleigh. I’ll add a wink next time.

He’s got a history of 2 hammies now. All histories have a beginning.
Our history is littered with our very talented young players who’ve got injured and we’ve never been able to see the best of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi team - what's the story with my man The Greatest Fantasy Footy Unique There Is Brayden Fiorini?

Only a week we reckon?

Dreamteam stuff aside, he's the most underrated player in the game. Only thing he needs to tighten up is set shots and he'd be a 25-30 goal a game mid.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi team - what's the story with my man The Greatest Fantasy Footy Unique There Is Brayden Fiorini?

Only a week we reckon?

Dreamteam stuff aside, he's the most underrated player in the game. Only thing he needs to tighten up is set shots and he'd be a 25-30 goal a game mid.
According to family member he was touch and go. It looks like it is related to Kennedy putting studs into his leg Green style.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

Only a week we reckon?

First we've heard about it.
I reckon just a bit sore after playing on the rock hard Optus oval.
I'd like to think he'll be back in a week but we haven't had word from the club yet.

Top 20 in
- kicks
- tackles
- tackles inside 50
- goal assists

pretty solid!

I'd like to think he'll be back in a week but we haven't had word from the club yet.

Top 20 in
- kicks
- tackles
- tackles inside 50
- goal assists

pretty solid!

Oh he's a gun, you don't need to convince me.

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers

Top 20 in
- kicks
- tackles
- tackles inside 50
- goal assists

pretty solid!
thats nice and all, but considering the proportion outside ball he gets his disposal is terrible. in the last month his DE% is 60%,58%,53%,63% - far below AFL average.
Great for dream team, not so great (but serviceable in absence of other options) for footy team.

thats nice and all, but considering the proportion outside ball he gets his disposal is terrible. in the last month his DE% is 60%,58%,53%,63% - far below AFL average.
Great for dream team, not so great (but serviceable in absence of other options) for footy team.

Tends to use it under pressure, when he gets it outside from what I've seen he's pretty clean.

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
Tends to use it under pressure, when he gets it outside from what I've seen he's pretty clean.
one of those games i listed above he had 23 uncontested possessions, and still only went at 63%...
given that was his BEST DE% in the month i looked at, its not far off accurate in saying you may as well flip a coin when giving him the ball, as to whether the team will retain possession post his disposal.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

I think his outside disposal is very good actually.
Little spot up kicks usually pretty spot on.
I think him being asked to play inside because of our lack of midfield depth is not his strength.
He can offer up a few hack kicks forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back