Changes Round 8 v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

So is masten injured or dropped?

Didnt train early in the week, seems weird to drop him given his experience. His numbers are better than venables...
Injured but please just play along with the rest of us with this dropping thing, ok. A week without hungrytiger being insufferable is more than worth a little white lie.

It’s because the WAFL has a bye so we’ve taken an extra emergency (Edwards) to give him a feel for what it’s like to travel

We’ve done similar with other players in the past
Changes from 2018 premiership side:

Lycett - Allen
Barrass - Sheppard
Masten - Gaff
Rioli - Petrucelle
Lecras - Waterman

Every new player is as mobile or more than the player they’ve replaced
You ever get sick of explaining stuff , for the simpletons

It's actually not too bad on 2nd thought. With 2 rucks I was okay with Jake in for Oscar, only now Oscar is the "2nd ruck". Thankfully Oscar did not spend all his time up forward last week, so there's some hope that we won't have more than 3 talls at a time in the forward line for much of the game. Jake will likely spend less time going for the same marks as JK & Darling compared to Oscar.

Injured but please just play along with the rest of us with this dropping thing, ok. A week without hungrytiger being insufferable is more than worth a little white lie.
Seemed weird that he missed training with injury and didnt even fly with the team despite being listed as emergency.

I assume the club don't want to list him as injured to avoid paperwork, or something...

AFL site says omitted.
I think if a player is listed as injured they need to pass an AFL imposed fitness test before being able to play again. I guess it's probably easier to say omitted rather than going into the BS of fitness tests, medico reports, scans etc. I dislike Masten as the next campaigner, but he does add a bit to the team when he's on.

So is masten injured or dropped?

Didnt train early in the week, seems weird to drop him given his experience. His numbers are better than venables...
What are the club going to say the reason for Masten's omission or injury? Leather poisoning!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changes from 2018 premiership side:

Lycett - Allen
Barrass - Sheppard
Masten - Gaff
Rioli - Petrucelle
Lecras - Waterman

Every new player is as mobile or more than the player they’ve replaced
It's Lecras for Waterman that I think is the problem. Waterman can run, but I don't think he'll be as good with ground balls as Lecras.

It's Lecras for Waterman that I think is the problem. Waterman can run, but I don't think he'll be as good with ground balls as Lecras.

True but I think of the currently available options Waterman is the best choice and deserves his opportunity

It’s because the WAFL has a bye so we’ve taken an extra emergency (Edwards) to give him a feel for what it’s like to travel

We’ve done similar with other players in the past

Bayok went to Sydney last year during an East Perth bye

Venables is also 20yo and Masten 30.

While Masten gets more touches Venables averages more contested possessions, tackles and clearances. If we are wanting to be better at the contest Venables is clearly the better choice.

Well thats not a difficult thing to do.....Masten hardly set a high bar on any of those areas , they are all the aspects of the game he is allergic to.

Last edited:
Who exactly is it Masto has been fighting??

The person in front at the hairdressers ?
Or the person in front at the tattoo parlour?
My guess is the hairdressers..

Certainly not on the footy field!

Masten may be many things but lazy or uninterested is not one of them if that's what you're implying.

I think if a player is listed as injured they need to pass an AFL imposed fitness test before being able to play again. I guess it's probably easier to say omitted rather than going into the BS of fitness tests, medico reports, scans etc. I dislike Masten as the next campaigner, but he does add a bit to the team when he's on.

He's listed as an emergency.
Keep living in your dreamland for whatever reason.
He's not injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back