Changes Round 8 v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

The team still hasn't got the memo about Gaff though.

Not that these things are absolute, but looking on the team sheet they have Gaff listed as playing as a follower on the ball, and Sheed out on the wing.

It absolutely needs to be the other way around to best utilise them both.

Interesting choice of replacement.. Haven’t seen any of the WAFL but how’s Watermans tank this season? Maybe picked to spend some time up on the wing? Seems very stupid to go into a game on a quick deck with 2 tall forwards sitting on the bench plus the 2 onfield and the ruckman. Would’ve been worth giving the chance to Ah Chee with that versatility. Also would’ve liked Brooksby to be given a chance.. seems more suited to a full time ruck role than Vardy is..

The team still hasn't got the memo about Gaff though.

Not that these things are absolute, but looking on the team sheet they have Gaff listed as playing as a follower on the ball, and Sheed out on the wing.

It absolutely needs to be the other way around to best utilise them both.

Did you ever work out how the supposed double standards at selection actually helped us win the flag last year?

Did you ever work out how the supposed double standards at selection actually helped us win the flag last year?

Ah my young super fan, I was wondering when you would show up.

I know you are always lurking somewhere, because when I post something your response normally comes faster than a mod editing adult content

Edited by Keys

Last edited by a moderator:
Very poor. Going in way too top heavy. The MC have essentially caved to the fan base in dropping everyone’s favourite whipping boy whilst a dozen players get away with utter turd.

Keep fighting Masto.
I would rather go 22 tall or list 21 players than having Masto In atm.

Ah my young super fan, I was wondering when you would show up.

I know you are always lurking somewhere, because when I post something your response normally comes faster then a pedo watching play school

So that’s a no?

Lol, thats presently a no. I was busy working this weekend gone. I will get around to it soon though, my young padawan.

Continue said lurking in earnest, it's both creepy and flattering haha

Good luck backing up your unsustainable argument. I’m not surprised it’s taken you a week so far :thumbsu:

Good luck backing up your unsustainable argument. I’m not surprised it’s taken you a week so far :thumbsu:

Your right, you win. I lose. You got me. Your arguments have utterly overwhlemed me.

Personally, i have other things to do. Like work. And general adulting. Travel. Celebrating closing business deals. My priorities don't lie in responding to forum posts and digging up posts from 2017.

Give it a go, I assure you life outside of a keyboard is really rather fun.

Keep lurking in earnest, superfan and please, relish your moral victory ;) haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction is an AhChee late inclusion for Waterman or JK.

But you campaigners know what happens next week...

Out Waterman In Rioli..

Could be a double in of JK n Rioli for Waterman and Ahchee.

All seriousness about Masten-bashing aside, I have some very grave reservations about the side that has been selected.
  • A team clearly too tall up forward has dropped a small for yet another tall forward.
  • A team full of players woefully incapable of running out four quarters has dropped its best runner for yet another player returning from injury who will likely struggle to cover ground late in the game.

I can't even work out what is really being attempted by this selection:
  • if we are going like the second quarter against Gold Coast and pushing O.Allen and Venables back for periods, why not just select Rotham?
  • if O.Allen or Waterman are to push up the wings as fly forwards, why not Ah Chee, M.Allen or Brander who are better suited to such a role?

All I can surmise is that O.Allen will be played in defence when not pinch-hitting the ruck and Duggan is getting a shot in the aerobic sweeper role with Venables, Waterman, Cripps, Petruccelle and Ryan taking turns to push very deep and act as a false eighth defender, providing a counterattacking outlet.

On a quick ground against one of the better running sides in the competition so far this season, I am deeply concerned that this team will be thoroughly outdone in the latter part of this game. St Kilda had 20 more inside 50s than GWS in Canberra last week, they just butchered the ball up forward - I don't expect they will do that again this week on their home deck.

I expect we will lose the final quarter by five goals. Whether we can build a lead large enough prior to that remains to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back