Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

Yay no more need for spoiler tags. Cheers mods!

How do we rank the following moments of awesome?

- Cap picking up Mjolnir
- I am Iron Man - perfect
- 'On your left' followed by all the portals opening
- 'I aimed for the head'
- Cap vs Cap - it is america's ass... top stuff
- 'Hail Hydra'
- Women of Marvel helping the gauntlet relay - cringeworthy
- Thor abusing some basement dweller on Fortnite (serious not serious)

Nah, I was just yelling "boy power!" all the time when all the real super heroes were kicking butt.

Amazing how many people are offended by pro female overtones in TV and cinema these days.

Amazing how many people are offended by pro female overtones in TV and cinema these days.

I have no issue with it within an appropriate story context.

When it is forced, out of place and done purely for the purpose of saying "hey we are all females and we can do better than the men", it jolts you out of the story, no longer part of the movie (now watching a movie) and ruins the movie experience.

If "the girls" had won after that moment I probably would have just stood up and left.

When it is forced, out of place and done purely for the purpose of saying "hey we are all females and we can do better than the men", it jolts you out of the story, no longer part of the movie (now watching a movie) and ruins the movie experience.

If "the girls" had won after that moment I probably would have just stood up and left.
Half the scenes are forced. Like the "hero stances" etc that everyone seems to love.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

“We can do better than the men”, I certainly didn’t see it that way. Isn’t it just a moment to say “we can do what the men can do”?

Had no problem with that scene, didn’t perceive it as forced.

I like that Marvel put these little moments in, in particular their stance on depicting the Skrulls in Captain Marvel as refugees who have been forcibly displaced. Given what is happening in the world currently.

If it's organic nobody has any issues with it.

If it's forced and politicised then people are over that s**t.

Even regular women.

Look at a TV show like The Walking Dead, zero issues with female characters being efficient killers and leaders. Why? It's not about "girl power".

So many more examples out there of similar situations where nobody is offended and wrecks your narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I was just yelling "boy power!" all the time when all the real super heroes were kicking butt.
‘Real’ superheroes :drunk: This is the kind of pathetic, insecure male attitude that people are increasingly laughing at.

Captain Marvel should have been in the second phase, what was even the point of her inclusion? All that hype for being OP

Then in End Game she gets like 10 seconds screen time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She was critical to a couple of plot points, including recovering Tony and destroying Thanos’s ship. You are right, they probably didn’t ‘need’ her and could have written around it. But like Black Panther, they needed to at least establish the characters that will lead the movies now Iron Man and Cap are gone. The slate would look pretty weak going forward with just Strange and Panther leading the way.

‘Real’ superheroes :drunk: This is the kind of pathetic, insecure male attitude that people are increasingly laughing at.

It was simply referencing the original TV show.

Marvel-super-heroes-ad.jpg

Learn your s**t junior so you don't look like a triggered goose.

Though I doubt that would help.

I observed the female heroes banding together as something that will cause cheers and jeers. But ultimately for mine it wasnt a dig at anyone, just adding a different shade to the movie

It was quite lame, but, like you, my Oriental friend, I am very comfortable with my dominant masculinity and sexuality, so did not find it threatening.

so apprently the "I am Iron Man" line wasnt in the original script or not even filmed until january this year with a secret reshoot.
RDJ was also hesitant to come back and do it but the Russo's were finally able to convince him because they where cutting the scene and just felt it wasnt working and couldn't think of the response Tony should have to Thanos saying "I am inevitable" until the editor suggested the throw back line.

So close to not having that in the movie at all.

It was simply referencing the original TV show.

Marvel-super-heroes-ad.jpg

Learn your **** junior so you don't look like a triggered goose.

Though I doubt that would help.

When do we get the Sub-Mariner movie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back