Preview Round 8, 2019: St.Kilda v West Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 11th May, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Eagles

Votes: 43 55.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key to West Coast is keeping the ball low so their backline can't intercept easily. They are poor below their feet in the back half - that's what Port did to beat them a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately we love kicking the ball high to opposition players so unless we can change that this week, we will be extremely vulnerable against them.
Yeah, those slow high kicks do my head in, the coaches surely have highlighted to the players how easy those kicks are for defenders to intercept. Don't get whi it still happens.

Don’t get the dropping of Marsh... brought in for his first game in 3 years, played out of position and then dropped when we need size?! Like he’s a backmen... play him there.

Hunts looks as if it’l be much the same as last year too in/out/in/out/in/in/out/in... get him a clean run of good footy and keep him in the side after that, stop this in one week out the other.

Haven’t read through all the pages so not sure if it’s been spoken about.

All three inclusions have earned their call ups but my concern is how it effects our flexibility with structure. Phillips will have to play primarily on the wing and Dunstan on ball.

Means Acres and Sinclair get pushed forward even more than they already are. Potentially even Billings has to go forward a bit as well.

Good luck for the weekend guys.

Who do you think Steele will go to? Gaff, Yeo or Shuey?

We've got three tall backs in the side, do we really need another one?
Probably not but I don’t think playing him forward is of any use when he’s been brought in and played VFL down back... he’s actually pretty quick for his size, just think it’s a waste having him down forward.

That’s been rectified this week so now we need to lower our frickin eyes going inside 50!!

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. But I tend to think that the Club realistically thought last week's game - against the Giants, away, with all our injuries - was a pawn that needed to be sacrificed. So they may have just brought those guys in, and left others out, for other purposes: conditioning, match-practice, etc.

For example, I could easily understand the club saying that getting Joyce to learn playing on Cameron, and giving Brown a joke game at Sandy, would ultimately prove better for both players, and for the team in the long run. Brown seemed remarkably laid-back for the Zebras by all reports - maybe that was deliberate, so he'd have a chance to freshen up a little before going against the West Coast forwards like Kennedy.

Nah. That’s far too sensible.

Which defender from our current group would you drop to fit in Hind?

Exactly.
It’s a long season, he’ll likely get his chance at some stage.

Haven’t read through all the pages so not sure if it’s been spoken about.

All three inclusions have earned their call ups but my concern is how it effects our flexibility with structure. Phillips will have to play primarily on the wing and Dunstan on ball.

Means Acres and Sinclair get pushed forward even more than they already are. Potentially even Billings has to go forward a bit as well.

My take on it is Gresh spends more time forward. Match committee is stubborn, I don’t think many expect Acres to go into the midfield. He’ll play primarily forward like he has all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing to win surely so Longy stays in xfactor

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’d want to start finding the football or people will get a chance to see his xfactor at sandy.

I thought he was ready for a breakout year, to this point I’ve been incredibly disappointed. He’s delivered nothing but the occasional burst and last week was a low point imo.

Like the ins. Dunstan should not have been dropped the last 2 weeks as there are players playing worse than him that keeping getting a game.

His tank is fine and can run out a game. 12 disposals in the last quarter in the VFL says it all.

He cant control his TOG and that's down to the coaches. I haven't seen him struggle when in the seniors that its glaringly obvious that his tank needs improving.

Phillips in is imo purely based on his short kicking. I can't remember Philiips ever blazing away which our team has been terrible at. Stick him on Gaff and see who's GPS blows up quicker.

Clark as good or as bad he may turn out to be, looks slow and lethargic at the moment. Definatly short of a gallop and 8ish disposals until the last quarter isnt good enough. Tackles are great if your getting plenty of the ball, but if your not it means your second to the ball and your opponent is beating you.

Think Kent would want to get his goal kicking radar happening.
Yes, he’s done some things around the ground, but 2.4 last week is not what he was recruited for.

Actually, all our forwards, bar Parker, need a bit of this.

Think Kent would want to get his goal kicking radar happening.
Yes, he’s done some things around the ground, but 2.4 last week is not what he was recruited for.

Yeah, it's interesting his career stats generally look OK kicking at goal:

2013: 10.5
2014: 12.10
2015: 2.4
2016: 25.10
2017: 7.6
2018: 7.3
2019: 8.8

So before he joined us he had 63.38 for his career. Lucky we got Benny Dixon on his case to sort that out.

Surprised to see Phillips in there. Not really sure he offers a lot.

What does Hind have to do to get a game?
Personally speaking, Hind was a class above in the VFL last week.

Phillips did what he does most weeks, runs hard accumulated 20 odd but didn’t do anything too damaging.

Hind hurts you with his speed and ball use. Would much prefer him on a wing in the 1s this week.

Which defender from our current group would you drop to fit in Hind?
Well and good picking Hind to get some extra speed , but can he defend and has he laid a tackle in the VFL - pretty sure if he was that good he would of been brought in before Paton.

Hind will get a chance , but I put my trust in our selectors.

Also the Phillips selection , I see a poster on here claimed he has been dreadfully bad even in training , If that is the case how come he has been selected , it amazes me how a comment like this completely characterizes the guy to look like he is useless , just like the comments about McKenzies bad kicking when he was ● Ranked 1st in Effective Disposals % Per Game in 2018.

I have myself made some derogatory comments on here about Gilberts shocking kicking , Weller was hopeless , Longer moves as fast as a sloth , Armitage is cooked but it is my view and the selectors have there own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back