Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
I can’t see us winning with the amount of best 22 players we have out.

Would be a showdown win for the ages if we could pull this out with the team (and coaches) we are going in with.

“While the Power have employed a zone defence this year and don't focus on one-on-one match-ups, Byrne-Jones expects he'll spend at least part of Saturday night's encounter with Betts as his direct opponent.”

Would be literally my last choice of our entire backline for that role. Even Joel Garner would be better.

This isn't 2014. Betts is an old man now. You don't need to put someone with speed on him, you need a wily campaigner who won't let himself be outbodied and outsmarted. Darcy spent most of last week being outbodied and outsmarted by Jaidyn Stephenson, who still isn't even old enough to buy a beer in the US. How's he going to go on Betts?

Another standard 4 goal Showdown coming up. Thanks Ken.

Last edited:

wilbur_15

All Australian
Nov 22, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would be literally my last choice of our entire backline for that role. Even Joel Garner would be better.

This isn't 2014. Betts is an old man now. You don't need to put someone with speed on him, you need a wily campaigner who won't let himself be outsmarted. Darcy spent most of last week being outsmarted by Jaidyn Stephenson, who still isn't even old enough to buy a beer in the US. How's he going to go on Betts?

Another standard 4 goal Showdown coming up. Thanks Ken.
I've never noticed how awful Darcy's body on body work is until last week. Clearly his go is coming from a ways back and pinching like in his draft vid highlight.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Why was this done?

Chuckle Town FC
To remind everyone that West Lakes has always the benefit of the doubt. They begin the sketch mentioning indirectly last Showdown's Postgate.

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eddie Betts to score 6+ goals $19 get on it
images.jpeg.jpg

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Betts needs a defender who'll play him tight and doesn't get caught ball watching. That "miracle" goal (it actually was a relatively simple snap) against Freo was because his direct opponent unnecessarily flew for the spoil and left him to crumb.

Unfortunately weve never had a good matchup for him and nothing has changed.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Betts can still pop up and hurt ya but he does a huge amount of nothing these days.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
DBJs weakness against Eddie will come in the air. If they're left one out, Eddie is too smart in his use of his body, even if usually that involves illegal pushes in the back. So If DBJ isn't caught 1 out too often he should be alright.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn’t say they would, I said they should.
Does the VC even traditionally wear the 1 when they are acting captain?

This sounds like an incredibly bad idea to me, Travis isn’t the captain him wearing the number one would be a huge slap in the face to his team mates, a very public and deliberate one.

I get you are pissed off with Jonas and Wines as co-captains, but it’s not like we are going to revoke their captaincy, delist them and have them tarred and feather’d out of Adelaide. The club should be helping them, not giving them the finger.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Betts is pretty useless in the air these days all i see him do is go for unrealistic hangers.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eddie has always struggled with Clarko's in your face, elbow in the comics unsociable stuff, he doesn't like any form of close attention, but as has been pointed out we don't have any one on our list with enough mongrel and concentration to carry out that role for 4 qtrs, and he eventually destroys seagulls like DBJ to the tune of at least 3 or 4 goals.

Back