AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You can just tell he's low on confidence right now. A confident Langford is better at delivering the ball inside 50 and kicking set shots. If he'd done that he would have had a pretty decent game. I don't know whether he's better off playing VFL to get that confidence back or not but I do think we do need him to find some form as the year goes on.

Only 22, long way to go. Simon Madden got dropped a number of years into his career, when on to become one of the greatest rucks OAT. Let that be warning to all of you...all of you

People also forget what Jobe was like until he was 21-22. Some guys take a lot longer than others. Regardless of what other people think, I reckon he has a good football brain..and is generally good with ball in hand. Confidence is a MAJOR influence on how this guy plays.

Sometimes indecisiveness is a symptom of a bigger team issue - i.e. lack of team movement etc. I saw the great Billy Duckworth get caught the same way a few times... and he won a Norm Smith FFS.

I am not angry perhaps sad in a way. Langers takes 25% of marks inside 50 - should have kicked those goals.Creates space and out. Question would he get a game in the AFL at another club

Saints HFF - MID
Dogs as above
GC AS ABOVE
NTH AS ABOVE
CARL AS ABOVE
FRE AS ABOVE
Syd

Probably some others. I'm sad as i think he has to leave and he will still be 22 and then we have Myers. We do not have that much young 6ft 3 talent and he has been stuffed around since 2017.

Our club will most likely struggle around 8 which is crap

Like he was pretty bad. I'm not saying he won't play for us ever again but he didn't deserve to keep his spot.

Like he was pretty bad. I'm not saying he won't play for us ever again but he didn't deserve to keep his spot.
This. I've liked him over the journey and have felt at times he's been hard done by but he was putrid on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone had've told me 2 months ago that at some point this year Brayden Ham would be getting a run ahead of Langford I would've called for the straight jacket. The dropoff in performance has been perplexing, he's gone from future star to almost delist material in the span of 8 months

If someone had've told me 2 months ago that at some point this year Brayden Ham would be getting a run ahead of Langford I would've called for the straight jacket. The dropoff in performance has been perplexing, he's gone from future star to almost delist material in the span of 8 months

Should have left him as a leading half forward instead of trying to force him in to the midfield before he was ready.

May be a passable mid at VFL level due to size / extra time - see David Myers - but doesn’t have the natural aggression or disposal by hand in close that makes for a damaging midfielder someone his size should be.

He is however quite a nice mark / lead at the ball, generally kicks straight, and makes good choices kicking i50. I’d leave him in as a half forward and if he can play stints on-ball over time then so be it.

Too often we seem to take someone who’s good in a position, try to pigeon hole them elsewhere as something else, then wonder why they stagnate or lose confidence.

Parish and Langford could be fairly well entrenched in our 22 if they played their more natural positions imo.

Let’s play “Guess Longfark’s statistics”, yay!
V Freo
17 possessions (11 kicks 6 handballs)
6 marks
1 goal 3 points
5 tackles
Reported for striking

What ever happens with Kyle this game I just hope they give him a run of games no matter what.

I firmly believe after all the tough love he needs to feel backed in to get the best out of him and return to at least the levels of late last year and hopefully beyond.

Back