Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I'm really enjoying this. The selections suck, IMO, but its great fun getting angry.

Remember last year when we were losing all the time and we would be 'no change'. It was boring.

Can someone easily check if we are posting more this week then any week this year? I've put more 'likes' on posts than ever before.

John_Proctor

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bailey isn't straight back in he played reserves against Sydney.

I'm happy with the selections. Dogs play a very small team.

Re: Walker - Gowers is their 'second tall' but is 187cm. Lester/Gardiner/Hodge well suited to him and also to Bontempelli (probably Gardiner) when he rolls forward.

Having Bailey and Answerth should really help with speed across the ground.

Next week against Crows with Himmelberg/Walker/Lynch we'll bring back in our Walker who must be the most in form player dropped this season but thats horses for courses.

Also for anyone wondering about conditions this is Melbourne's radar - Ballarat in middle of yellow on left. Has been like that since about 8am. forecast for tomorrow 'showers'. 43mm in 24 hours till 9am today and already 10mm in the 1 hour and obviously more to come. If the ground isn't wet it will at least be 'heavy' and having fleet of foot players to get around the ground will be important (eg. Port v West Coast a couple of weeks ago).

radar.JPG

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bailey will be one of the best players in the team in the coming years. Kids a jet. Takes the game on and sure he makes the odd mistake but watch him closely. When he gets the ball and gives it off he is already running to get it back. every team needs players with pace and prepared to take the opposition on. Our current backline has no one who does this - we just have Rich - Witherden - Hodge who are all nice kicks but slow.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In addition to being keyboard coaches, psychologists, physics and doctors we can also be caught out for being amateur meteorologists and groundskeepers on this board. Almost always overpredicting the effects of weather.

Ballarat has the best surface of any ground having recently been redeveloped drainage will not be an issue.

We also don’t understand the impact of wet weather. Key forwards are always valuable in the wet and the only changes you should make is removing those that are hopeless at contested footy (eg. Squizzy).

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just read an article on CM (maybe those with the know-how will be able to somehow get pst the firewall to show others) about how Witherden almost ‘froze to death’ almost as a 16yr old playing there. Now maybe I’m a bit paranoid but articles like this certainly don’t help. It actually annoys the crap out of me and shows a bit of a soft underbelly that players are open to showing any degree of weakness to the opposition. Goddamn it! (Yes, I’m tired and cranky)

I agree....I read it I didn't like it either....opens himself up to ridicule, shows a weakness in oppositions eyes etc..

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Don’t blame him for struggling in 3 degree weather with water up to his ankles

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ballarat has had 37.6mm of rain since 9am yesterday. At 7.45 today Friday, still raining - quite heavy with alot more to come.

Mum is in a new nursing home in Ballarat area.....leaking like a sieve in several places. I was talking to her at 9.30 this morning, still bucketing down up there.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He legit described going into shock at the cold and wet (sounds like a bit of a medical emergency to me) and people are calling him soft lmao

It’ll probably be some Bulldogs player wearing long sleeves, 2 layers of thermals and gloves having a go at him for being soft.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He legit described going into shock at the cold and wet (sounds like a bit of a medical emergency to me) and people are calling him soft lmao

Yes, did end up an emergency, but nevertheless it should never have reached the papers. Has now given opposition players something to niggle at him forever more....it will/should make him come out and show the world he is not weak, make his opposite number look weak instead, burn them off. Or he'll cave in to the ridicule...

Suspect Fagan wouldn't have liked reading that..

Yes, did end up an emergency, but nevertheless it should never have reached the papers. Has now given opposition players something to niggle at him forever more....it will/should make him come out and show the world he is not weak, make his opposite number look weak instead, burn them off. Or he'll cave in to the ridicule...

For me, all that it shows is that he is Human!

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
What saucy blackmail does bailey have to walk straight back into the team. Clanger king is back, how many goals will he gift the doggies this week? I got $5 on 15 goals.
You mean the guy with zero turnovers in 3 games?

3 clangers coming from free kicks...

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bailey isn't straight back in he played reserves against Sydney.

I'm happy with the selections. Dogs play a very small team.

Re: Walker - Gowers is their 'second tall' but is 187cm. Lester/Gardiner/Hodge well suited to him and also to Bontempelli (probably Gardiner) when he rolls forward.

Having Bailey and Answerth should really help with speed across the ground.

Next week against Crows with Himmelberg/Walker/Lynch we'll bring back in our Walker who must be the most in form player dropped this season but thats horses for courses.

Also for anyone wondering about conditions this is Melbourne's radar - Ballarat in middle of yellow on left. Has been like that since about 8am. forecast for tomorrow 'showers'. 43mm in 24 hours till 9am today and already 10mm in the 1 hour and obviously more to come. If the ground isn't wet it will at least be 'heavy' and having fleet of foot players to get around the ground will be important (eg. Port v West Coast a couple of weeks ago).

View attachment 670683
finally someone with research and logic instead of just blowing off

I think you greatly overestimate a number of things here. firstly how likely it is that it was read by anyone associated with the dogs, secondly how much fagan would actually care and thirdly how your body responding to cold as a 16 year old somehow makes someone weak. what a massive overreaction to a nothing story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back