Roast Bryce Gibbs

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agreed. I didn't think he was all that bad last weekend (or his various games prior to that) but we didn't target him to come here and be just another decent player. We targeted him to be a gun. He was last year, this year not so much.

Was the injury keeping him out this week there last week as well? It might explain a bit. Unfortunately he just hasn't been able to get a consistent run at it yet this year.
The club said he had gastro in the week before last. Sometimes if you’re still not quite recovered and you try hard in the return game, it can make you a bit extra sore.

I hope Gibbs gets the rest needed for him to return to playing his best footy. I don’t really care where he plays he’s definitely a quality player still and his value is that he can be a versatile player, and his kicking is very good when on song.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Agreed. I didn't think he was all that bad last weekend (or his various games prior to that) but we didn't target him to come here and be just another decent player. We targeted him to be a gun. He was last year, this year not so much.

Was the injury keeping him out this week there last week as well? It might explain a bit. Unfortunately he just hasn't been able to get a consistent run at it yet this year.
He wasn’t a gun last year either.

12th in the B&F on votes per game. Just behind Dougie.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
He wasn’t a gun last year either.

12th in the B&F on votes per game. Just behind Dougie.

thank you!

how the hell does this guy manage to keep fooling people into talking him up.

He has at NO point in his career been a gun.

Gun players get All Australian or best and fairests... Gibbs has achieved nothing.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
What do you all think? A genuine back injury or the injury as a smokescreen in order for him to make way for Brown with the club allowing him to save face?
I don’t think this has anything to do with Browns inclusion
Bryce has not been right all year
I suggested depression/anxiety weeks back
It may not be that
Gastro symptoms can also present as this
I was really damming on him staying in the SANFL
I still believe that
Whatever ever it is I hope the lad can come good

mcattack

All Australian
Apr 14, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
No wonder he shirks the contest so badly.. clearly too delicate.
I've watched some highlights from Carlton on YouTube has a good highlight real .. but i never watched an AFC game and gone wow Gibbs has taken on the game. I think we should be using him closer to goals. Get the feeling he doesn't like playing a defence role.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've watched some highlights from Carlton on YouTube has a good highlight real .. but i never watched an AFC game and gone wow Gibbs has taken on the game. I think we should be using him closer to goals. Get the feeling he doesn't like playing a defence role.

There is not a single forward I would drop to put an underperforming Gibbs up there and there are a few in the SANFL I'd call up before I gave Gibbs the chance.

If he doesn't like defence then the little princess should suck it up and prove he's good enough to get back into the midfield.

mcattack

All Australian
Apr 14, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is not a single forward I would drop to put an underperforming Gibbs up there and there are a few in the SANFL I'd call up before I gave Gibbs the chance.

If he doesn't like defence then the little princess should suck it up and prove he's good enough to get back into the midfield.
Well he doesn't fit .. Crouches and sloane and whole heap of others inside players. We need outside run. Can see why we are trying to shoehorn him into a defence POS.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide

He slotted quite a few goals in his year before he was sentenced to 10 years on Manus Island. Not sure if the game has changed too much but if it is a choice between him and Dougie playing the Dougie HFF role, I'll take Bryce. At the end of the day, he is quality and if that is the role to get him going then do it, he has the ability to change games in a quarter being closer to the sticks.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gibbs was woeful in the JLT, has been crap all season.

Pathetic by our selection committee bringing him back after 1 sanfl game, should have played him there until he got his **** together.

Was typical us. He had 2 more touches than the previous week’s AFL effort and almost all reports in here was that he cruised around no differently.

Sidthehat

All Australian
Oct 7, 2017
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
When Seedsman and Milera are back just hard to see him getting a game.
Would take Carlton's 3rd to send him back at season's end. Lose trade but at least something back and clear up salary room.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
When Seedsman and Milera are back just hard to see him getting a game.
Would take Carlton's 3rd to send him back at season's end. Lose trade but at least something back and clear up salary room.
The salary issue is a concern. We have guys whose star is on the rise and performing well who will need to be compensated while at the same time, if injuries do not blow out, we will have Jenkins and Gibbs in the seconds drawing down good coin for over three and a half and two and a half seasons respectively.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The salary issue is a concern. We have guys whose star is on the rise and performing well who will need to be compensated while at the same time, if injuries do not blow out, we will have Jenkins and Gibbs in the seconds drawing down good coin for over three and a half and two and a half seasons respectively.

I doubt we’d be able to push Gibbs out, he’ll be happy cruising around in the SANFL. He didn’t come here due to a desire to play for the Adelaide Footy Club or achieve success, here’s here because it’s personally convenient and we’re his biggest available meal ticket. JJ I think could go because I don’t think he likes playing SANFL. Gibbs is pure Carlton.

mcattack

All Australian
Apr 14, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Exactly you can carry one but two on good coin. Tough decisions at season end? or try Gibbs somewhere now to see if we can get some value out of him. Dougie might retire season end. Not sold on mario. Play walker FF and Gibbs CHF or hFF.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I doubt we’d be able to push Gibbs out, he’ll be happy cruising around in the SANFL. He didn’t come here due to a desire to play for the Adelaide Footy Club or achieve success, here’s here because it’s personally convenient and we’re his biggest available meal ticket. JJ I think could go because I don’t think he likes playing SANFL. Gibbs is pure Carlton.

We're best off cutting up his contract, paying him out early and getting it over with.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He almost singlehandedly dragged across the line v GWS last year. 36 possessions 9 clearances 9 tackles.

A number of those clearances were out of the middle in the last quarter when we made a run at them, but they were good enough to close it out late with a couple of goals.

He hasn’t been great this year, now whether that’s form, injury or something else external we have no idea.

I’ll say this though, given the choice between Gibbs and 1 or 2 of the other rabbits we have running around doing SFA, I’d have him every time, even out of form.

Seriously cant believe what i'm reading......If he is struggling it's more than likely an issue with the club.....Im sure they will deal with it.

Get a grip!!!
giphy%20(20).gif

Back