UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You asked me before the Ajax semi final game whether it was the biggest game in our history. It was debatable, but there’s no doubt this is now the biggest game in our history. I think it will be a classic. Three weeks away so I’m trying to put it on ice but it’s already dominating my thoughts!
Yep, definitely the clubs biggest ever game now. Luckily for us we've been here a few times before, including last season so I'm hoping our experience with this fixture helps us on the day. I'm praying Klopp has done his homework too as to the recent battles with Spurs, despite winning them, they could have easily gone the other way. So hopefully he is seeing what worked and what didnt and makes the right adjustments!

What a crazy second semi final. Insane stuff.

Congrats to Spurs and all the Spurs lads on here.

Now I'm nervy for the final. I reckon we would have done Ajax easily but Spurs are a different prospect altogether.
Nah, Ajax would have been just as tough. That’s assuming that the pressure of the CL final didn’t get to them.

It's kinda funny that the Champion's League is going to be won by a team that has never been champion of the Premier League.

The CL final is after the final matchday of the EPL so theoretically Liverpool could contradict you there.

It's kinda funny that the Champion's League is going to be won by a team that has never been champion of the Premier League.

English football did not start with the Premier League. Liverpool have won the English top flight 18 times. Spurs have won it 2 times.

And the 'Champion's League' is a merely marketing term. It's kinda funny that you don't have to be champion to enter it these days.

Liverpool won the European Cup 4 times when you had to be champion to enter it. And once after.

English football did not start with the Premier League. Liverpool have won the English top flight 18 times. Spurs have won it 2 times.

And the 'Champion's League' is a merely marketing term. It's kinda funny that you don't have to be champion to enter it these days.

Liverpool won the European Cup 4 times when you had to be champion to enter it. And once after.

I think we both knew he was referring to post-1991.

Well yes obviously which is why I said 'the Premier League' and not just 'the league' like I was originally going to do before deciding that the risk was too great that someone would be overly pedantic.

I think we both knew he was referring to post-1991.

Like I said, English football did not start with the Premier League. It was just a name change and admin from the First Division.

And there was the European Cup before the 'Champion's League'. You actually had to be a league winner (ie champion) to enter it. Apart from marketing crap it should be named the 'finished quite near the top league'.

Well yes obviously which is why I said 'the Premier League' and not just 'the league' like I was originally going to do before deciding that the risk was too great that someone would be overly pedantic.

It's never pedantic to point out how Liverpool haven't been English Champions for some 29 years now....Never, ever.

So explain why

'It's kinda funny that the Champion's League is going to be won by a team that has never been champion of the Premier League'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So explain why

'It's kinda funny that the Champion's League is going to be won by a team that has never been champion of the Premier League'.
because it's called the 'Champion's League' and neither team has been champion of the league they're in. They were champions of the old First Division.

It's never pedantic to point out how Liverpool haven't been English Champions for some 29 years now....Never, ever.

I'm neutral on this. It's probably the best EPL season ever. Credit to both City and Liverpool. It's a shame that there has to be a loser. I think Liverpool have been more entertaining to watch whereas City have been more clinical.

Off topic to the Champs League rules. Liverpool finished 4th last year so qualified. They have improved hugely in the league and they might still win it. They got to to Champs League final last year and were unlucky with Salah and the GK going down.

because it's called the 'Champion's League' and neither team has been champion of the league they're in. They were champions of the old First Division.

Like I said the 'Premier League' was a marketing change for what was previously the First Division. There's no different valuation on finishing on top because of the name change. It's the same thing.

This still hasn’t sunk in for me yet. I keep seeing the graphics regarding the final, and it’s completely surreal when i do. But then i’ll look at something like the title of this thread, ‘FINAL: Tottenham vs Liverpool” and it will briefly hit me. I’ll smile and think ‘Holy s**t, we’re in the final of the European Cup,’ but go ‘wait’ and it’ll go back to being surreal again.

What's your Moura winner re-watch count up to?
Well over 40 here.
I haven’t been keeping count, but i’ve watched the goals and post match celebrations over and over and over. I’ve barely done any work or study since the game because all i’ve been doing when online is watching and reading anything i can find about the game.

I've been doing the same thing, not with the goals scored but watching the whole squad and coaching staff sing YNWA post-match with the supporters.

I think CL is far harder to win now than when it was the European Cup. I mean it should tell you something when the 1979 final was between Nottingham Forest and Malmo. I think you only had to play four possibly five rounds also. You probably had a handful of real contenders each season, and if they got drawn together in early rounds (there was no seeding back then) then you had scenarios where the likes of Malmo, Steaua Bucharest etc could go on and win the thing. Having multiple teams from the strong leagues makes it a much tougher competition

I have a question. In the past 24 hours there were calls and support for all english team euro finals. Curious am I. Why isnt there rejoice or wasnt there rejoice in previous years wishing for an all spanish or italian final(s)?
Answers pretty obvious isn't it?
Our cultural heritage is British.....Notice how most posters in here have an EPL side nominated in their 'other teams followed' column.

English soccer has been on Oz telly for decades, as that's all we got on the ABC, via the BBC, every Sunday night in the 70's & 80's.

That explains why it's newsworthy. Doesn't explain why anyone outside the 4 clubs' supporters is happy about it.

Back