Oppo Camp Round 8 - Other Games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Basil so far

Smart.. like a fox
McCartin out of the box
Hayward.. more like wayward
McCartin I think has been KOd.. camera pans to him running around.

I cant believe there must be people that like that
He's also calling Fantasia - Fan-tah-see-ah ... and it's really jarring.

I find it pretty hard to believe that his last name has been pronounce Fant-Asia for 6 years and it's been wrong.

What about Rampe climbing the goalpost haha Dons should have gotten a freekick in the goal square and won the game if umpires paid that obvious freekick.

Why would Myers not kick a barrel at the end there? At least give yourself a chance, however slim.
Myers is 1 of the biggest kicks going around im sure he thought he had it in him just fluffed the kick and more chance of ******* it up going the torp. Wouldnt be telling Melksham go the torp if he could flush it from 60 . Or is it 55 at the SCG cause isnt the 50m line not 50 according to the tinfoil brigade

Ahahahahahah, just seeing the bombers lost.

This made my morning (and I had a small wager on them)!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Rampe climbing the goalpost haha Dons should have gotten a freekick in the goal square and won the game if umpires paid that obvious freekick.
Can you imagine the scenes of that was called? I kind of feel for the umpires here. It's a weird rule that probably hasn't been paid for over 20 years, if you paid it and got it wrong it would be far worse.

Makes a good case that umpires should be full-time though.

Can you imagine the scenes of that was called? I kind of feel for the umpires here. It's a weird rule that probably hasn't been paid for over 20 years, if you paid it and got it wrong it would be far worse.

Makes a good case that umpires should be full-time though.
Surely 1 umpire would be looking at the goal line and seen it happen so its a clear free. I learnt that bloody rule 1st year i played footy. Gonna love the umpires coming out and saying that they got it right and wasnt a freekick. Yeah would be ****ed for game to be decided like that but umpires wouldnt be to blame itd be monkey boy Rampe.

Surely 1 umpire would be looking at the goal line and seen it happen so its a clear free. I learnt that bloody rule 1st year i played footy. Gonna love the umpires coming out and saying that they got it right and wasnt a freekick. Yeah would be ****** for game to be decided like that but umpires wouldnt be to blame itd be monkey boy Rampe.

Maybe the authority could be given to the goal umpire since it's a goal line decision.

Surely 1 umpire would be looking at the goal line and seen it happen so its a clear free. I learnt that bloody rule 1st year i played footy. Gonna love the umpires coming out and saying that they got it right and wasnt a freekick. Yeah would be ****** for game to be decided like that but umpires wouldnt be to blame itd be monkey boy Rampe.
The rule is for intentionally shaking the goal post tho, not climbing it, it shook, but that wasn’t what he was trying to do ... so there is an arguement either way. Also the fact that he didn’t make the distance, it could be argued that it didn’t even unintentionally distract him anyway.

Look Technically its a free kick according to the rules. No grey area there.

However, would there be such an outcry if the Bombers were down by not 5 points but by 5 goals at that stage?
The rule is about the players intent, it's all grey area.

It's in the rules to stop a player from standing there deliberately shaking the post to put off the player taking the shot at goal, which isn't what happened.

You're right about one thing tho, if the margin was 30 points, and it was at some stage in the 3rd qrt, it'd be an amusing anecdote from the game, rather than a potential result changing decision.

Look Technically its a free kick according to the rules. No grey area there.

However, would there be such an outcry if the Bombers were down by not 5 points but by 5 goals at that stage?

Of course there wouldn't be an outcry. Game deciding umpiring decisions have always been massive stories.

The rule is about the players intent, it's all grey area.

It's in the rules to stop a player from standing there deliberately shaking the post to put off the player taking the shot at goal, which isn't what happened.

You're right about one thing tho, if the margin was 30 points, and it was at some stage in the 3rd qrt, it'd be an amusing anecdote from the game, rather than a potential result changing decision.

"I wasn't deliberately shaking the goal post, it accidentally shook as I tried to climb and swing off it."

Yeah, nah. I think this is as clear cut a case as you'll get.

Bizarre that McLachlan and the AFL have defended the decision. It's about as clear cut as you can get. How hard is it to say the umpires made an error on a very rare rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back