List Mgmt. 2018-19 DFA & SSP Period (Midseason Draft after Round 10)

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Hibberd has been excellent in the VFL and would be my choice if I had the chance. Being from the 2015 draft originally makes him perfect for our list profile. There’s little risk relative to reward in this pick.

Lowson I’m not too sure about. I think he’s going through a purple patch in form at the moment and I’m not sure if it’s sustainable and whether he reverts back to his pre 2019 form.

There was an article in The Age saying we were keen on Cody Hirst from Eastern Ranges and another article in the Herald sun saying we were keen on Dunkley.

CFC18

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I though we have given Sam Fisher NB, the nod that he’d be our selection in the MSD?
I'm assuming we wouldn't need him to have a medical as a nominee.

Lowson looks the best prospect for us based on those profiles, highlights look good. One of the small defenders would be worth having on the list also if we rate them.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Hibberd has been excellent in the VFL and would be my choice if I had the chance. Being from the 2015 draft originally makes him perfect for our list profile. There’s little risk relative to reward in this pick.

Lowson I’m not too sure about. I think he’s going through a purple patch in form at the moment and I’m not sure if it’s sustainable and whether he reverts back to his pre 2019 form.

There was an article in The Age saying we were keen on Cody Hirst from Eastern Ranges and another article in the Herald sun saying we were keen on Dunkley.

Cody Hirst, small defender makes absolute sense to me on paper. Averaging 5 tackles so must have a bit of toe, real quick would be a dream but I have zero idea on him. Averaging 22 possies so knows how to find it

Unfortunately no small forwards worth it, will be disappointed if we take a tall unless they’re ruck worthy.

Just don’t think the mids available are good enough, would have been awesome to have talent like Ryan or Kelly to have a crack at :sigh:

Last edited:

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

rog1995

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Because there are other attributes other than just kicking and finding the ball more than anyone else. Also I never said he can't kick, just that he's not great. He's not terrible either.

He is a strong tackler, has very good agility and ability to manoeuvre through packs, great endurance meaning he should be capable of playing AFL sooner rather than later, is a contested beast at his level, and did I mention he's a strong tackler?

He's basically a lesser Cripps in many ways, with his main weakness being inability to accumulate enough possessions. And just like Cripps, he's not the greatest kick, but is able to cover that with his other qualities.

For what it's worth, in the Young Guns match he had a game-high 27 disposals (12 contested), 7 clearances, 8 score involvements, 4 tackles and 2 goals. Absolutely blew the field away, and was the clear BOG
Sounds like a better version of Ed. Would be a great fit.

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Take the best player(s), short, tall or indifferent. I want us to look at it as another chance for a struggling club to help build its list. It's doubtful you are going to get a great fit for our needs in the short term. Get the best players in, shuffle others around and trade out the excess when you get the chance. If some of our draftees fail, you can bet that at least part of that was from us overrating them due to trying to find players perfect for our needs.

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
So only clubs with long term injuries>> spots open can bid for players in the SSP?
The SSP order works like the ND ie 18th gets first pick?
If we have 2 spots open do we get 1st and 2nd pick?

DollaDollaBeal

Debutant
Aug 16, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Do you know anything about Deluca? How did he go at the dockers?
His numbers are higher than anyone else there and at 80kgs he isn't small for a guy that size, having played AFL before you would hope he would relish a second chance. Specifically, does he have any forward craft?

Is a tenacious tackler and applies alot of pressure on opposing mids. Was played as a high half forward at Freo but didn't get enough opportunities due to Ross Lyons love affair with Ballantyne.
Would be a nice defensive forward option. Has a big tank and disposal has improved significantly. Deserves a go somewhere but I'm biased.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
So only clubs with long term injuries>> spots open can bid for players in the SSP?

We had a spare list held over for this draft & only 1 as it now stands.
Long term injury (pretty sure out for the year is the case) or retirement/s.
1 round then start again bottom to top at the end up of round 9 or 10.
Think GCFC & GWS are the only clubs currently with 2 picks.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Didnt barrass say we werent interested?
Barass, a guy from the net, or Maher, a guy who has media connections and literally works in the club (albeit with the womens team)? I'd take Maher.

In fairness it was 2 or 3 weeks ago so things could've changed. Also depends on how you define mature age. Is 21 mature? Still pretty young to me.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
SSP is the pre-season period to add a rookie list player if you left a spot vacant from November Rookie Draft or got a long term injury in the pre-season or a crazy arse retirement like Bugg.

This Mid-Season Rookie Draft is not SSP.

Back