No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ahhhh Macpherson is a much better player than Lemmens.
Rankine has not played at AFL level but think they can be in the same team.

Compared with Lemmens, Macpherson over his past 2 years has averaged

More
- kicks
- handballs
- tackles
- tackles inside 50
- goals
- goal assists
- clearances

Less
- Clangers
- Free kicks against

(Lemmens was in the top 12 in the LEAGUE in free kicks against AND clangers)

Macpherson can and does play more midfield.
As hard as Sean goes his skills are terrible and he is just out of control.
Lemmens had 1 goal and 2 goal assists in 10 games played exclusively as a forward last year
Regarding Lemmens quality Dew disagrees with you. Just listen to today's Inside50 podcast available on Suns website. Pretty glowing endorsement from Dew. It's not all about stats. I guess for Dew Macpherson is in the same category.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Regarding Lemmens quality Dew disagrees with you. Just listen to today's Inside50 podcast available on Suns website. Pretty glowing endorsement from Dew.

Ok thanks
I'll check it out.

For what it's worth, I think Sean could be a valuable part of a team that is playing well if surrounded by more skilful guys.
He brings valuable things to the table - speed, intensity, hardness.
It has been unbridled on occasions though which hasn't been beneficial for the team from my perspective.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ok thanks
I'll check it out.

For what it's worth, I think Sean could be a valuable part of a team that is playing well if surrounded by more skilful guys.
He brings valuable things to the table - speed, intensity, hardness.
It has been unbridled on occasions though which hasn't been beneficial for the team from my perspective.
Just my opinion mine perception of young is your perception of Lemmens.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So there’s a weird thing going on with my Big Footy account right now
Apparently you can anonymously like posts and a poster only identified as “someone” has been going through my back catalogue so to speak as far back as 2011 liking random posts Big Red Machine SUNS Chief
I’m the first to admit I’m a quality poster and recognition of my talent is appropriate
But an anonymous poster liking 50 odd posts from the last 10 years in the past week has creepiness in abundance
Anyone else getting stalky love???

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Apparently you can anonymously like posts and a poster only identified as “someone” has been going through my back catalogue so to speak as far back as 2011 liking random posts Big Red Machine SUNS Chief
I’m the first to admit I’m a quality poster and recognition of my talent is appropriate
But an anonymous poster liking 50 odd posts from the last 10 years in the past week has creepiness in abundance

sounds odd. can you post a screenshot of the notifications?

someone's got a secret admirer. :$

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
sounds odd. can you post a screenshot of the notifications?

someone's got a secret admirer. :$
Only appears on the mobile app-which makes it stalkier and creepier
IMG_A954F8E52CBB-1.jpeg

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ahhhh Macpherson is a much better player than Lemmens.
Rankine has not played at AFL level but think they can be in the same team.

Compared with Lemmens, Macpherson over his past 2 years has averaged

More
- kicks
- handballs
- tackles
- tackles inside 50
- goals
- goal assists
- clearances

Less
- Clangers
- Free kicks against

(Lemmens was in the top 12 in the LEAGUE in free kicks against AND clangers)

Macpherson can and does play more midfield.
As hard as Sean goes his skills are terrible and he is just out of control.
Lemmens had 1 goal and 2 goal assists in 10 games played exclusively as a forward last year
100% l was beginning to think it was just me l don't rate him at all.
I would love him to come good but l can't see it. McPherson is so far in front of him it's not funny. It's laughable comparing him to McPherson.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
100% l was beginning to think it was just me l don't rate him at all.
I would love him to come good but l can't see it. McPherson is so far in front of him it's not funny. It's laughable comparing him to McPherson.
Different type of player ,you don't expect him to play with some unknown players in NEAFL for few years and expect him to come good with his development .
2014 draft .
Pick 5 KK gone
Pick 20 Jack Leslie (so so delisted candidate)
Pick 27 Sean Lemmens ( Average )
Rookie Louis Herbert gone

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Peel you are the best! Ha ha you give me a good laugh mate. The stuff you write about neafl players in particular is pure Gold.
Bodsy we are not blind and just look at stats .You ,me ,robo_1 watched the match vs Canberra . Players skill are lousy especially Brodie kicking side way and underwear against semi pro . Not all Brodie fault as he had to play with different players from academy( underage ) / delist / retirement/came back from injuries candidates each week , last year Barlow,Lyons , Bowes,Florini and this year Young ,Risca,GHS .

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bodsy we are not blind and just look at stats .You ,me ,robo_1 watched the match vs Canberra . Players skill are lousy especially Brodie kicking side way and underwear against semi pro . Not all Brodie fault as he had to play with different players from academy( underage ) / delist / retirement each week , last year Barlow,Lyons and this year Risca .

I still haven’t recovered from watching the Canberra NEAFL game.

GCSportsBuzz

Senior List
Oct 23, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bodsy we are not blind and just look at stats .You ,me ,robo_1 watched the match vs Canberra . Players skill are lousy especially Brodie kicking side way and underwear against semi pro . Not all Brodie fault as he had to play with different players from academy( underage ) / delist / retirement/came back from injuries candidates each week , last year Barlow,Lyons , Bowes,Florini and this year Young ,Risca,GHS .

I think the NEAFL team and their success will be define how the AFL team performs. It’s a critical component to the club’s success overall. Looking forward to watching McLennan & King tomorrow.

GCSportsBuzz

Senior List
Oct 23, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Looking at the 2019 draft I just realised that we have 2 x first rounders. Do we use them to trade in A grade talent like an Ed Langdon? Plus a player/coach like Roughead. Surely we don’t take more kids at the draft?

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looking at the 2019 draft I just realised that we have 2 x first rounders. Do we use them to trade in A grade talent like an Ed Langdon? Plus a player/coach like Roughead. Surely we don’t take more kids at the draft?

Take kids , because GC have two first round pick Victoria experts are pushing Budarick into top 10 in this year draft, knowingly that after GC pick other ahead of him GC only need to give up Richmond third round pick for him like North and Brisbane did for McFadden and Bailey Scott .

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Who do we get as the mature midfielder? Bont? Fyfe? Petracca?

Not going to be anyone like that. Someone/ones like a Langdon, Cunningham types. Solid B graders in the 21-25 age bracket. If we could attract a star, amazing, but I don't think that will be possible, but who knows.

Last edited:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Kids Kids And Budarick cheap. Won’t be long before we get an A Grade Mid Free Agent as we build and Dew gets an aura.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just had a look at the ladder after Essendon's loss and it has filled me with a great deal of optimism.

siilvre.jpg

So just looking at the teams directly above us who are also on 12 points... obviously Essendon have already played and lost. Hawthorn are extremely unlikely to beat GWS and the Dogs will probably lose to Brisbane IMO. So a win over the Dees tomorrow should get us to at least 11th on the ladder with no concerns of anyone jumping us.

Then we look at the teams on 16 points. They are all playing each other this round so that will result in three teams remaining on 16 points, which means one of them is guaranteed to be in 8th position on 16 points. Essentially what I'm saying is a win over the Dees guarantees we'll be tied for 8th place on the ladder at the completion of this round. Only being one win behind 5th is a nice bonus as well.

Come on Suns! Let's put ourselves in a great position by beating the Dees at Metricon tomorrow!!!

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just had a look at the ladder after Essendon's loss and it has filled me with a great deal of optimism.

siilvre.jpg

So just looking at the teams directly above us who are also on 12 points... obviously Essendon have already played and lost. Hawthorn are extremely unlikely to beat GWS and the Dogs will probably lose to Brisbane IMO. So a win over the Dees tomorrow should get us to at least 11th on the ladder with no concerns of anyone jumping us.

Then we look at the teams on 16 points. They are all playing each other this round so that will result in three teams remaining on 16 points, which means one of them is guaranteed to be in 8th position on 16 points. Essentially what I'm saying is a win over the Dees guarantees we'll be tied for 8th place on the ladder at the completion of this round. Only being one win behind 5th is a nice bonus as well.

Come on Suns! Let's put ourselves in a great position by beating the Dees at Metricon tomorrow!!!

The team should purely use the way they embarrassed the Gold Coast in their pitiful performance last home game against Brisbane as motivation. Ladder irrelevant.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

there is a thread on langdon on the draft and trading board - i like him. plays the same left wing spot as powell not that that matters a huge amount

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ed-langdon.1215935/page-4

have a read to get an idea of what most people think he's worth.
i'd give the lions pick for him if it was 12-20 range

I think we still need talent
bowes, fiorini, rankine, luko, king, wright, ah chee, ballard, martin, powell, sexton, ainsworth, weller are our guys with serious talent IMO - the rest of the list are hard workers with ceilings capped at good players.

our picks
ours - top 5 pick - draft
lions - pick 15 - trade
rd 3 - budarick
rd 4 - ?

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
With such a young list, imo we should hit the draft again this year with our first rounders.

Huge changes made last off-season, keep it simple this year and bring in some more youngsters to feed into our development program.

You know, the development program where we are (finally) spending more than any other club and the one that is getting rave reviews from the young players.

Let that program do its work for a little while longer. Some of our best prospects for A grade or elite level players are 19 and younger, or we have not drafted them yet.

Realistically, the core of our first finals team are all 23 and younger at the moment. Witts and Swallow are both 26 and still have a few years left of good football. Got a decent chance to add 3 top 20 players this year, depending on where the Lions pick sits and a bid for Budarick comes (fingers crossed he picks us).

Keep patient this year, build a strong foundation within the club, then worry about adding quality players from other teams when we are ready for a long run at making finals.

PS. We only just got our salary cap under control. First year players are a lot cheaper than quality players from other clubs that we will probably have to over-pay atm to get them to come.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Look for getable players , Brandon Ah Chee , Lin Jong , Ryan Nyhuis (on Fremantle rookie list paid slightly over in term of Salary/duration will get the deal done don't even need to give up draft pick for the above three players . Max up rookie B list that are not included inside salary cap { Ace , Aston Crossley ) .A lot of other AFL team like Port , Bulldog utilised it by not picking their NGA players in ND draft.

In 3 years time players hitting 30 years old - Young , miles , GHS , Murdoch, Thompson , swallow , Witt's , Nicholls.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
With such a young list, imo we should hit the draft again this year with our first rounders.

Huge changes made last off-season, keep it simple this year and bring in some more youngsters to feed into our development program.

You know, the development program where we are (finally) spending more than any other club and the one that is getting rave reviews from the young players.

Let that program do its work for a little while longer. Some of our best prospects for A grade or elite level players are 19 and younger, or we have not drafted them yet.

Realistically, the core of our first finals team are all 23 and younger at the moment. Witts and Swallow are both 26 and still have a few years left of good football. Got a decent chance to add 3 top 20 players this year, depending on where the Lions pick sits and a bid for Budarick comes (fingers crossed he picks us).

Keep patient this year, build a strong foundation within the club, then worry about adding quality players from other teams when we are ready for a long run at making finals.

PS. We only just got our salary cap under control. First year players are a lot cheaper than quality players from other clubs that we will probably have to over-pay atm to get them to come.
I agree but sometimes things just fall into your lap and you have to take it ie the Weller deal or McCarthy/Neale at Brisbane. If we see opportunities there we have to go after them as they don't come around often.

Back