Strategy Mid-season draft 2019 / Supplemental Selection Period

Remove this Banner Ad

yes or some other key forwards

from:- https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04...ho-will-be-the-next-tim-kelly-or-kane-lambert

Key forwards

Ryan Gardner – Footscray (VFL)
21yo, 197cm, 93kg
The defender-turned-forward has managed six goals from his opening two matches of 2019 after being cut by Geelong at the end of last season.

Will Kennedy – Western Jets (TAC Cup)
18yo, 198cm, 88kg
Moving from Sandringham to Western Jets as an over-age player, could provide an option for a club looking for a future key-position prospect.

Liam McBean – Glenelg (SANFL)
23yo, 202cm, 98kg
Made recruiters stand up and take notice with a bag of nine against Adelaide's SANFL side last week, just his second game back after a year travelling.

Nathan Mullenger-McHugh – Box Hill (VFL)
21yo, 196cm, 88kg
Straight from the Western Bulldogs to the Hawks' leadership group. Will continue to develop as a key-position player.

Dillon O'Reilly – East Fremantle (WAFL)
18yo, 193cm, 79kg
Son of former Cat, Docker and Blue Stephen, Dillon presents as a third forward option after playing for WA's under-18 outfit last year.

here what was said about Hugo

Hugo Munn – Sturt (SANFL)
19yo, 197cm, 91kg
About a dozen AFL clubs spoke to the talented teenager last year and he is exactly the type of player who could thrive in an elite system.
Hammelmann stiff to not even get a mention, doing good stuff for Redlands in the NEAFL consistently.

Hammelmann stiff to not even get a mention, doing good stuff for Redlands in the NEAFL consistently.
I could be out of date with this but is the NEAFL much better than the average country league?

If I were Hammelmann and serious about my football career I wouldn’t be ******* around in Queensland.

I could be out of date with this but is the NEAFL much better than the average country league?

If I were Hammelmann and serious about my football career I wouldn’t be ******* around in Queensland.
Yeah I agree with that, even to just get noticed! It’s really hard to say where the quality of NEAFL is at but if they are willing to mention other NEAFL players within the same article they should at least give a nod to him I feel.

The NEAFL is a good league, a lot of ex AFL footballers running around has lifted the standard and expectations, it will surpass the SANFL shortly if things continue.

Muffins has been in exceptional form for Sturt this year. Guess he is someone we know and could pick up the pace reasonably well. Still, not sure if he offers enough as we had a close look at him last time. Maybe has improved his all round game. Would be more of an outside ball magnet than we have now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Hoon but not sure why we'd need him. Need tall forwards and inside mids I reckon.

We look well stocked for inside mids. Atley and Trengove cant get a look in and Drew might have been in trouble if Wines wasn't injured again.

We look well stocked for inside mids. Atley and Trengove cant get a look in and Drew might have been in trouble if Wines wasn't injured again.
I don't think anyone we get in the mid-season draft will be a long term player, more thinking of fill-in players for 6 or so months.

I don't think anyone we get in the mid-season draft will be a long term player, more thinking of fill-in players for 6 or so months.

I would still rather a mid who can spread and win/receive ball than another one drawn to the honeypot.

Hinkley would have absolutely nothing to do with that, especially at this stage of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back