AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - Pulls out of VFL comeback with slight abdominal strain - 25/3

Remove this Banner Ad

09 - shiel.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 35, eth-dog

Last edited by a moderator:
It was interesting that after Hewitt did a stellar job on Shiel in the first half, the Swans then switched Hewitt onto Merrett who partially quelled his influence - You can't expect Shiel to play well all season.

No but you would like to have a higher DE% then 46% then you also would like to hit the scoreboard especially in between the big sticks

So when you rest him down forward he is damaging dont think he has kicked a goal this season

Umm sorry, no, you’re wrong mate.

That bloke is one of the hardest nuts to have ever played the game (like Voss) and has put his head over the ball risking life and limb since his first game at what? 18 or 19 years of age?

He doesn’t need others to ‘ block’ for him every time.

The amount of hard ball gets he’s got over his career is staggering...all from his relentless determination and unwavering courage.

If you don’t believe that then you don’t have a friggin clue what it takes to be an elite midfielder in the hardest football game on earth.
Geelong are the best team at blocking for the nominated bloke so they get a gap and can release the ball. I'm not saying he gets help every time but he does get a lot of help at a stoppage, he does the same for Dangerfield, who does the same for Kelly, who does the same for Duncan. This is why Geelong's midfield is so good. Instead of tracing back your steps you've doubled down.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
Now Dylan has bagged a couple, hopefully his overall kicking goes back to how it usually is.

Sitting near the interchange I got a real feel for his leadership, very vocal on the bench and a big supporter of teammates at the breaks and around the ground. Would like him added to the leadership group next year.
Wonder what his mum thinks about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Giants currently hold our pick 9

I doubt we would find a player of Shiels quality with that pick in this year's draft

Totatly Worth the first rounder

Fair to call it a win win.

Love the way he moves in traffic, you could see a few Dockers getting frustrated at not being able to get near him at some of those clearances.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Giants currently hold our pick 9

I doubt we would find a player of Shiels quality with that pick in this year's draft

Totatly worth the first rounder

Yeah nah Caldwell looks a tantalising prospect as well. They could very easily come out on top in this trade.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Sitting near the interchange I got a real feel for his leadership, very vocal on the bench and a big supporter of teammates at the breaks and around the ground. Would like him added to the leadership group next year.

did you notice last week, cant remember if it was pre game or at the start of the 2nd half, he was doing the team talk to the huddle - not sure if it was an add on after hepp spoke or if it was all him - but he screamed leader

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I rest my case.

$700,000 divided by 22 is around 30k per game.

What a monumental waste of money.

Can not handle any pressure whatsoever.

Oh...but he’s so good looking and cut.

So gorgeous.

Get ####ed all you Shiel loving fan boys.

You were warned and blinded by the hype.

Now the chickens have come home to roost.

Cockle doodle ####ing doo.

Lol...you just answered your own pathetic question you know you’re asking yourself about him!

Can’t handle pressure at all.

Goes to water.

Weak as ####. Soft as butter.

Just like good old bomber boy Stanton.

Clicked on the thread and was brought to this. Must have been my last viewed post.

Wowee!

❤️ Shiel. He’s a star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back