No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the point of Dylan Shiel? An absolute butcher

He can get the ball, run fast and carry it, but has never been able to kick for s**t.

GWS could carry his erratic kicking because of the quality that he was surrounded by, but wont miss him at all.

Essendon not so much.

That was the Stringer of late 2016. Totally reactive, incapable of putting pressure on and when he did get it tried to do too much.

He’s a confidence player who needs good players around and Worsfold definitely isn’t the coach he needs.

Essendon would have to be the worst contested team in the comp. The genius of Dodo has given a team of soft outside runners. Wouldn’t they kill for someone like Dunkley or Wallis?

That was the Stringer of late 2016. Totally reactive, incapable of putting pressure on and when he did get it tried to do too much.

He’s a confidence player who needs good players around and Worsfold definitely isn’t the coach he needs.

Small grounds don’t suit his style, he likes to have room around him to move into or move up and cheat out the back.

SCG is the worst ground set up for him

Small grounds don’t suit his style, he likes to have room around him to move into or move up and cheat out the back.

SCG is the worst ground set up for him
He’s looked fantastic this season- improved his marking and not done so many stupid things. Not sure what happened to him tonight- maybe because Rampe is so good.

Looks like we'll have to step up and stop them again.
You are right there is not much to beat atm. If we can get our act together and sort out our KPP structure we could do quite well.

We play Collingwood again and the cats twice, but I’d give us chance even against those two. Cats older stars are already slowing down we were competitive against the pies except for Grundy.

Essendon have 'won' trade week twice in the past two years, have no first rounder in 2019 and are currently below us on the ladder.
The weekend has started well.

Essendon would have to be the worst contested team in the comp. The genius of Dodo has given a team of soft outside runners. Wouldn’t they kill for someone like Dunkley or Wallis?
Remember that time Mathew Lloyd said Libba wouldn’t get a game at Essendon. Hahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but the UN Pc ness as you put it bothered a hell of a lot of people

Just read the shows Facebook page and what people wanted back.

Like him or hate him a lot of people watched to see what Sam would do next and they cuckolded him so any edge the show disappeared. Then like a lot of shows they stuffed a token female into it which also caused backlash.

People can suggest this didn’t matter but to the troglodytes out there(and they were the footy show core audience) it killed the show.

I haven’t watched it for years cause they took all the fun out of it but the last panel they had on was never going to work.

Lemo who isn’t funny in anyway
Nereli who was ok
Token disabled bloke nothing to do with footy

Who thinks this sh!t will work?

The snowflakes used to watch it so they could get offended and get on their high horse, then they got what they wanted with the new panel so they have no need to watch it anymore.

I work in an industry sitting hard on the left and I hang out to watch the footy show with Sam. The balance is healthy which those that can the old footy show need to realise and allow choice in people's lives.

The snowflakes used to watch it so they could get offended and get on their high horse, then they got what they wanted with the new panel so they have no need to watch it anymore.

I work in an industry sitting hard on the left and I hang out to watch the footy show with Sam. The balance is healthy which those that can the old footy show need to realise and allow choice in people's lives.

No mate that isn’t the way it works

The peaceful left want to stomp anyone who doesn’t follow their ideas into the ground and make the utopia they want

The reality will be their utopia will be more like hell and when they realise it will be too late to go back.

Love how people are blaming the footy show demise on PC. Didn't stop Sam saying what he wanted most of the time.

It was canned because it became s**t. The jokes and format was repetitive, stale. You cannot have a show virtually unchanged for 20 plus years and expect people not to get bored of it. There is a reason the greatest tv shows in history run for under 10 years, and all those that run longer are often said to have run out of ideas and should have been canned ages ago, often suffer viewership losses.

Even before the new hosts came along, the shows ratings have been free falling for years, to a point its not worth spending money on something people are not watching. It needed more than just host changes and studio design changes over the years, that's pretty much all they did. Plus constantly having the same bogan guests with childish jokes made the show cringe, not funny. It wasn't entertaining in any aspect, in fact it got to a point where I only watched to see the teams and what they might say about the Bulldogs. These days you can just do all that with the click of a button online. Never watched a single episode the last 5 years.

A new show wouldn't have taken much to take wind out of the footy shows sails. The footy show was a victim of time, and lack of ideas, simple as that.

He’s looked fantastic this season- improved his marking and not done so many stupid things. Not sure what happened to him tonight- maybe because Rampe is so good.
Also with Daniher being out bringing more of a focus on to him. Stringers is a Third tall with some tricks, not really a KPF
Likes the flashy stuff never been known for his work when he doesn't have ball in hand

There's a thread on the Bombers board that is very positive about him; they're saying he's the only decent forward they've got. I can't be ****ed watching Essendon games but his stats are average most weeks. I suppose the flashes of brilliance make up for the quiet bits. There was an interview in The Age preseason where he said he wanted to spend more time in the midfield, but that experiment was canned. He's s small forward in a big body.

He's been okay. Has looked better than a lot if other bombers so that inflates his standing. Has been better than 2017 and probably around early to mid 2016 form. Hasn't got near 2015 form.

When the game was there to be won last night Jake was flying for marks one handed and not committing to the contest. Apparently Jake is the ‘heart and soul of Essendon’ and should be the Captain if you read the Bombers BF. They are in some strife if that is the case. They have a very talented list but could do with a Dunkley type or 2 in the middle. The smiles and high fives after they lost, although superficial, was not a good look. Happy Days.

When in doubt and your arguments are as hollow as a Hamish McLachlan half time interview blame the supposed pc culture of modern society.

The footy show at its peak existed in an age outside of social media and a plethora of competing football related shows where the main reason for tuning in was to see breaking news and team selection. I would suggest that the outrage that people point to as a reason for its demise mostly happened in the later years where its ratings were beginning to decline and were cynically confected to generate viewers and the outrage that in the end was their undoing. I hadn't regularly watched the show for 10 or more years, not because Im a snowflake and easily outraged, I actually understand when Im being manipulated and save my football related outrage for the game day threads, but because the show had become a pointless unfunny parody of its own self.

Footballers trying to be funny is not funny. Ask anybody that has ever suffered through an episode of The Bounce.

Last edited:
Footballers trying to be funny is not funny. Ask anybody that has ever suffered through an episode of The Bounce.
My 10 year old kids love it and much laughter comes from the couch when they watch it. Sure it is juvenile humour, but juveniles are often into that sort of thing.

He's been okay. Has looked better than a lot if other bombers so that inflates his standing. Has been better than 2017 and probably around early to mid 2016 form. Hasn't got near 2015 form.
I know it might be controversial on this board but Jake Stringer the footballer is and was one of the most overated footballers I have seen.

He has been average again this year. Most games he goes missing for large parts and is a defensive liability then flashes in for a few bits of brilliance and he is some kind of superstar. Of course bombre supporters are going to talk him up, how else can you justify winning the trade period back to back.

I hear time and again how great he was in 2015. All Australian superstar.

He was very good for his age and experience but he did actually finish 6th in the goalkicking with 80% of those goals against teams outside of the 8.

The only value he would add to our current team is what he added in the 2016 finals series. He will take a good defender freeing someone else up.

I get the arguments about how we could of kept him, issues with Bev etc, and though disagree accept these are plausible arguments.

But to say we lost a superstar is and always will be a nonsense. We lost a flaky footballer who could produce moments of brilliance and watch next time he misses yet another crucial goal for the Bombres.

Haha why is it when people use “snowflake” they are always in the midst of having a cry about the sookiest stuff imaginable?

Projection is a funny old thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back