AFL 2019 - AFL Round 8

Who Covers the Line This Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloudy, still raining and 9 degrees in Ballarat. No idea why bookies haven't adjusted the tgs on the WB vs Brisbane game...still 160.5 on Sportsbet. A few points lower on other bookies. Will be very slippery.

3u Collingwood SU, Thomas 20+, Pendlebury 25+ $1.88 (SB)
2u Collingwood SU, Phillips 25+, WHE AGS $2.76 (lads)
1u Treloar over 117.5 fantasy $1.80 (BE)
1.5u De Goey over 86.5 fantasy $1.88 (BE)

1u Brisbane SU $2.22 (365)
0.5u Dunkley most disposals group B $5 (TAB)
1u Dunkley more disposals than McCluggage $2.10 (365)
1.5u Dunkley 25+ $1.72 (SB)

1u Sexton 2+ goals $1.86 (lads)

2.5u Melb SU, Collingwood over 15.5 $1.81 (Topsport)

Last edited:
I’m on Rupert Wills to kick 2+ goals @ 7 (SB). Played as a marking forward all preseason and is a similar body size to De Goey. I think De Goey plays middle a lot more today with Adams and Beams out and Wills gets plenty of time forward. Should be plenty of goals to go around against Carlton.

Liking Brisbane. The Dogs are still a bunch of kids, yeah they beat Richmond last week but the Tigers had five or six kids in there as well.

Bontempelli has kicked more goals against Brisbane than any other team.

Slippery weather, will go the unders.

Multi: 0.5U Brisbane SU, under 161.5, Bont 2g+ @ 16
Mutli: 0.5U Brisbane SU, under 161.5, Bont AGS @ 6.25
Multi: 0.5U Brisbane 25+, Bont 2g+ @ 17

I can't bring myself to bet on Carlton but they are value today. Kreuzer makes a massive difference to their team, McGovern a big in as well.

As for Collingwood, you can't take out two midfielders and expect it to make no difference. They are probably down four from their best 22.

Collingwood should get the win but stranger things have happened.

Anyone thinking Sidebottom might see some more time in the middle today? Has played wing all year but with no Adams and Beams he could get a better look in.

I think Degoey will get some midfield time too but he's still essential to their forward line.

Also, I saw on twitter today that Treloar was struggling with the cold. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

WHE $3.20 for 2 goals and $6.50 for 3 goals.

Kicked 3 both times last year v Blues. Been on him his first 2 games this year and thinking his fitness is building. Hopefully De Goey goes more midfield and that gives him a few more ops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m on Rupert Wills to kick 2+ goals @ 7 (SB). Played as a marking forward all preseason and is a similar body size to De Goey. I think De Goey plays middle a lot more today with Adams and Beams out and Wills gets plenty of time forward. Should be plenty of goals to go around against Carlton.

2.50 AGS on lads

Has been avg 30 and 10 clearances a game in the VFL which suggest hes been playing as a mid

Anyone thinking Sidebottom might see some more time in the middle today? Has played wing all year but with no Adams and Beams he could get a better look in.

I think Degoey will get some midfield time too but he's still essential to their forward line.

Also, I saw on twitter today that Treloar was struggling with the cold. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

I do with Sidey

Expecting to see Sidey, Treloar and Pendles start onball.

Mayne to a wing with Phillips. Wills the rotating onballer. Suspect Degoey will have longer time in there aswell

Has been avg 30 and 10 clearances a game in the VFL which suggest hes been playing as a mid
Definitely agree. But i don’t think he will play mid all game - will likely rotate with De Goey and doesn’t have the fitness for a full game in the middle at AFL level. I think given his pre-season training as a forward, the opposition and the changes to the Collingwood team this week make 2.50 AGS and 7.00 2+ significant value.

Back