Status
Not open for further replies.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'll be in Kyoto on the 30th of June as part of the annual trip. You're in Nagano though right?
Yeah mate. Kyoto doesn't look far, but it's a bit of a hassle to get there from here. I've actually only been there a couple of times in 11 years. I should go more considering people travel across the world to visit there, but it's not the ideal place with young kids, and I've got 2 now.
Hope you have a great time though. It's a great eating city, and you do so much walking there you work up a big appetite (you might have been there before and already know these things, of course).
We've got great snow and loads of monkeys up here in Nagano if you're ever up this way again.

RWBlyf

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
7F52A920-A142-429A-BA91-801E35FE9F1D.png

Second article?

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
can anyone can download the 2nd article
Injured Melbourne Rebel Ben Daley helping AFL club St Kilda
It’s only right that Ben Daley’s AFL ambitions would land him at St Kilda.

The former Wallaby is not swapping codes as he nears the end of a rugby career hampered recently by major injuries, but he has never been one to sit idle when sidelined.
Daley, 30, who joined the Melbourne Rebels in 2018, was injured in a pre-season game this year and had a shoulder reconstruction.
Typically, he sought out experiences to satisfy his thirst for improving.
He completed a law degree in 2015 and was admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria this year, meaning he can practice law.
But Daley “couldn’t escape” the AFL’s domination of the Melbourne landscape and, via club connections, found himself working one day a week at the Saints this year.
It was a club Daley was well aware.
f7f1c0abcbf67e2d32332e6d8785fde8
Ben Daley wearing “Head Gear for Charity”. Picture: Darren England
He went to school with club legend Nick Riewoldt on the Gold Coast, and followed his career with great admiration.
Daley, who played three games for Australia and won a Super Rugby title with the Queensland Reds in 2011, has compiled a significant sporting career himself.
He conceded replicating the highs of singing the national anthem, arm in arm with his Wallaby teammates before a Test match, was unachievable as a working man.
But the cut and thrust of the behind the scenes action at a football club is as close as he’s going to get, and that’s where Daley sees himself spending his working life.
“Playing for the Wallabies, I don’t think anything will better that, and winning a Super Rugby title, they are two things not many people get to experience. I don’t see anything coming close to that,” Daley told the Herald Sun.
3aedbfc6c62c45e57358057894dd190d
Melbourne Rebels Ben Daley at RSEA Park
“But you can use that drive for success and to be the best, you can take that in to a role after football, and in sport, to make people better.
“A general manager of a football club would be my dream role, and having that background of playing professional sport for over a decade you have that affinity for sport and issues inherent across sports.”
Daley, also a board member of the Rugby Union Players Association, has been working closely with St Kilda’s general manager of football, Simon Lethlean, for nearly a year across a broad range of issues.
He’s also spent time working at AFL headquarters.
“You see a vastly different side to the game than when you are just a player,” he said

5c32de20673c7ab2e8968e1bc8391492

“When I first started I sat in on a few different meetings, like medical meetings and as a player you think that just happens. But you see the amount of work people put in behind the scenes all to make the player the best player they can be and the team successful.”
As part of the Rebels leadership group, Daley is a strong advocate for players to not just study while playing, but get work experience too, and find a passion equal to their love for playing.
With his own playing time nearing an end — Daley is not expected to play this season and is out of contract at the end of this year — he said having something to turn to was crucial for sportsmen, who enjoy so many highs, to avoid the post-career lows.
a2dc61dbbae07e9e013c3cc3d7bc8307
Ben Daley with the Cook Cup. Picture: AAP
“My old man, he played professional rugby league for a number of years, and he said it’s very rare for people to call time on their career when it suits them. That’s always been at the back of my mind,” he said.
“And hopefully I have set myself up for life post football with a job that I enjoy.
“That’s important to, to find a job you enjoy, rather than falling in to a job post football, because you can lose a bit of your zest for life, you don’t have that passion.
“Nothing will really compare to playing sport in front of thousands of people, so you need to find a join you are passionate about.”

Axed? I don't think so, dropped to the 2's more likely. Misleading description or article!

Are you saying he's not going to be exterminated?, annihilated? disintegrated? That he's simply going to have to play football in a lower echelon team until he can find some form?

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Damo brought up Hunter Clarke (again) in sliding doors article. If it’s not Hannebery it’s Clarke. He’s like a dog with a bone.

His West Coast SD (and I use that term loosely) is a carbon copy of the same SD for WC last week with the words re-arranged.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
Damo brought up Hunter Clarke (again) in sliding doors article. If it’s not Hannebery it’s Clarke. He’s like a dog with a bone.
As long as people keep clicking on his articles, he'll keep writing them. He's probably well aware that sniping several clubs at a time is a great way to get clicks, as people will check in to see if their club's in the firing line that week.
If people just ignored him, he'd go the way of the Footy Show soon enough. Can't even remember the last time I read one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back