2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I doubt Menzel will play next week. He's been out for too long and has had repeated set-backs, they'll give him another week at 2's level to fully prepare I suspect.

I think it mostly depends on game time. If he can get through most of the NEAFL match then I don't see the harm in playing him in the AFL as he is no more likely to get injured in the AFL than he is in the NEAFL. It is all down to fitness and how sore he is. If he is too sore after today then I agree with you completely.

Not sure we can play Menzel without dropping one of Reid, McCartin or Blakey, especially if Buddy is also playing. Blakey can play a bit of wing I suppose but the other 4 can't play midfield and that will reduce our rotations.

What do you make of Sam Wicks and Joel Amartey?

Every time I watch them I like their play a lot but do you think they both can legitimately play seniors footy?
I think Wicks has a better chance of playing seniors. They can find a role for him as a pressure small forward with his workrate and tackling skills. Amartey has always looked impressive with his athleticism but I still have questions about his footy nous e.g. leading to the right spots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back