2nds Swans Reserves 2019

LetItFly13

Draftee
Jul 4, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Very promising plays from the younger boys but was a bit disappointing they let 6 or so goals get kicked so quickly. Clarke won the ball but disposal didnt look great, Wicks was a very underrated get for us on the rookie list with his tackle work and composure, Rowbottom looks ready made I reckon and I really liked some of the plays that Reynolds made off intercept marking. I personally rate Bell but didn't get to see the full game but he definitely looks like he has got speed to compete and same with Stoddart and Ling.

I don't know what else Rowbottom can do tbh.

Clarke was cleaner with the ball today but I'd like to see him back it up again. Menzel looked good whenever he was near it, but I don't think he should just walk into the senior team. Reynolds was the best of the draftees not-named-Rowbottom today, just looked really solid and confident in defence against a few blokes who were more experienced too. Pink also once again looked dependable, I wonder if he and Reynolds can form a young partnership in defence in Maibaum's absence. McInerney and Foot need to just keep chipping away, showing good signs. Even Wicks' less noticeable games, like today, seem to become quite comprehensive. Going early but I really think he'll be a player for us. Stoddart is impressive one-on-one considering you wouldn't suspect that to be a strength of his just looking at him.

Sydney

Goal Kickers:​
D. Menzel 3, J. Bell 2, J. Rowbottom 2, B. Ronke 2, S. Gaden 2, J. McInerney, J. Amartey, J. Rose, Z. Foot, R. Clarke, J. Pawle
Best Players:​
J. Rowbottom, H. Reynolds, J. Bell, R. Clarke, S. Wicks, J. Rose

Sydney University

Goal Kickers:​
T. Davies 3, S. Fong 2, J. Veale 2, J. Bartholomaeus 2, H. Morrison 2, W. Sierakowski 2, M. Krochmal
Best Players:​
J. Bartholomaeus, L. Stevenson, W. Sierakowski, L. Robertson, M. Krochmal, L. Kilpatrick

Pretty sure he played late into last year...EF even!

I know but he’s injury-prone, playing him back at AFL level after what is essentially one pre-season hit-out is a recipe for disaster. I’m just in favour of the best way to get him out there and then actually keep him out there.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I know but he’s injury-prone, playing him back at AFL level after what is essentially one pre-season hit-out is a recipe for disaster. I’m just in favour of the best way to get him out there and then actually keep him out there.
Why is it a recipe for disaster? How many games did Franklin play before Rd1? Same injury

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
That’s 7 weeks less he was out for. He’s also a freak of nature as opposed to a bloke whose already injury-prone.
Don’t get bothered with semantics. He’s here to play and no good playing NEAFL next week considering they have the bye!

Back