No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Farrand

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2003
England
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Side Hawkwing
Here's a melt. The game being shown on BT sports in the UK on Sunday? Carlton vs North. Two different BT sports channels showing Adelaide United vs Melbourne City. Why?

That's now one game out of 7 weeks!

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Here's a melt. The game being shown on BT sports in the UK on Sunday? Carlton vs North. Two different BT sports channels showing Adelaide United vs Melbourne City. Why?

That's now one game out of 7 weeks!
I’m telling ya, international club membership with digital streaming. $150 aud. I get every game and every shitty media show. BT sucks.

Farrand

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2003
England
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Side Hawkwing
You are right. And I know you've told me before. I'm going to bite the bullet on it because it's driving me nuts now. How do they seriously justify the same game on two different channels? BT sports used to be good back in the day but ever since they got the soccer it's all gone down hill.

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
You are right. And I know you've told me before. I'm going to bite the bullet on it because it's driving me nuts now. How do they seriously justify the same game on two different channels? BT sports used to be good back in the day but ever since they got the soccer it's all gone down hill.

Think BT only has a license for 4 matches each weekend. Friday night, 2 Saturday and 1 Sunday. As above - digital membership at about £90 is worth every penny. Can catch up on all the fox footy shows too during the week

At least with BT you will be able to watch Perth Glory win the championship!

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
I’m telling ya, international club membership with digital streaming. $150 aud. I get every game and every shitty media show. BT sucks.

+1 to this. And it's in AUS$ which means only US$107. Fox footy charges US$150 for the exact same service. All of the games, anytime, so it's great when they're on at 1:20am or 4:50am in the morning here. Plus you're supporting the club and get a membership packet. Mine was shipped April 15th and arriving April 30th...oh wait...that was over a week ago...I guess mine got lost somewhere over the Pacific. oh well. I'm sure it'll be cool if it ever gets here. lol.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel I need to melt about the AFL and it's umpiring department. It's such a boys club!!
No wonder why they don't want to go professional.

Where are the umpiring department this week? Coming out and justifying their decisions against us???? Did I miss it or do they just choose to keep quiet cos they got it WRONG!

In fact I think it goes deeper! I think the umpires were coerced to have a scoring influence (not in anyone's favour specifically) on our game to help reduce the embarrassment of the AFL and it's 666 rule which has led to less scoring than the increase in scoring the AFL wanted.
Probably got a call at half time.

They should be embarrassed.

Media seem pretty quiet on it too. Imagine it was a Collingwood Richmond game!

Total farce!

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Publicly they defend them to the hilt, privately they walk all over them.

I was pretty surprised to hear about my partner's friend Sal (the female goal umpire for WA games each weekend) who, after getting cleaned up on the goal line trying to make sure the ball wasn't touched by players, ended up being taken out and concussed - was dropped for the incident the following week. I saw the footage a few weeks ago and honestly, I didn't think she did anything wrong. Pretty harsh by the organisation IMO.. Talk about insult to injury.

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
First time poster in the melt section.

So umpires chose to gift Adelaide a goal at a crucial period of the game due Hill throwing some grass whilst on the mark.

Last night Rampe of the swans jumps up on post and shakes it as myers runs in to kick for goal - that is a clear rule that should have been immediately been paid a free kick by the umpire in the the area and all he did was tell him to get down.

We certainly were on the wrong end of the "rub of the green" equation last week and Syd at complete opposite end this week.

How inconsistant is our umpiring. media commentators have been calling it for ages, about time umpires need to be employed full-time and all resources neceaasry to make sure there is less of this sort of decisions occurring which spoils the games for the fans.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo

So umpires chose to gift Adelaide a goal at a crucial period of the game due Hill throwing some grass whilst on the mark.

Last night Rampe of the swans jumps up on post and shakes it as myers runs in to kick for goal - that is a clear rule that should have been immediately been paid a free kick by the umpire in the the area and all he did was tell him to get down.

We certainly were on the wrong end of the "rub of the green" equation last week and Syd at complete opposite end this week.

How inconsistant is our umpiring. media commentators have been calling it for ages, about time umpires need to be employed full-time and all resources neceaasry to make sure there is less of this sort of decisions occurring which spoils the games for the fans.
Agreed

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Gill comes out and states that the umpire handled the Rampe pole dancing with common sense!!!!!!!!

Where were you last week with your umpire assessments you weak as piss bias VFL centric piece of crap CEO!

TOTALLY DISGUSTING

The way this competition is run stinks all the way to the core!!!

Last edited:

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's A RULE!!! 17.11.1. A WRITTEN RULE! IT'S IN THE LAWS OF THE GAME.

Just like throwing grass. Apparently.

But as long as you're not playing for Freo it can be treated with common sense and isn't a real rule.

I am melting bad!!!!!!

Last edited:

As an umpire- its a free kick every day of the week.

Been in the laws since the 80's. Umpire lacked the intestinal fortitude to pay it as an after the siren kick

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
So Gill comes out and states that the umpire handled the Rampe pole dancing with common sense!!!!!!!!

Where were you last week with your umpire assessments you weak as piss bias VFL centric piece of crap CEO!

TOTALLY DISGUSTING

The way this competition is run stinks all the way to the core!!!

Giligan is a numpty of the highest order.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
And....... To make matters worse..... He gave himself a disclaimer by saying he didn't have the rule in front of him when making his assessment!!!!

You're supposed to be the boss idiot!!!!

Either know the freaking rules or look the freaking rule up before commenting!!!

Shameful

Still melting bad!!!!

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can't find any disrepute 'rule' either. The only time 'disrepute' is mentioned in the 2019 Laws of Australian Football is under the definition of melee.

Grass is not mentioned anywhere.

Maybe there is a special Fremantle rules Appendix we don't know about.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep. Misconduct.

17.12(g) A free kick shall be awarded against a player who engages in misconduct.

But, it takes interpretation from an official to determine throwing grass as misconduct. It's not written anywhere!!!!

Shaking the post is an actual written rule and should not require interpretation and IS, by the letter of the law, a free kick.

Yet Gil, the boss, the CEO, reckons it's ok to just use common sense and be practical and ignore that rule because he thinks it didn't have an effect on the game. AND HE SAYS SO ON RADIO!

Myers missed his shot. Just like Murphy missed his. Same effect. Different umpiring result.

I think I'm the only one that cares, but sheesh I'm sick of the hypocrisy of the AFL and it's Vic boys club.

I fart in their general direction!

Fokker out!

Last edited:

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Haven’t seen the Rampe thing yet, but I’m not philosophically against the umpires giving warnings. They do it all the time at stoppages “no holding” and they’re doing it with 6-6-6.

Common sense dictates that Brad Hill should have been given a warning too. This is the problem in the AFL - different umpires with different personalities and different interpretations.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep. Misconduct.

17.12(g) A free kick shall be awarded against a player who engages in misconduct.

But, it takes interpretation from an official to determine throwing grass as misconduct. It's not written anywhere!!!!

Shaking the post is an actual written rule and should not require interpretation and IS, by the letter of the law, a free kick.

Yet Gil, the boss, the CEO, reckons it's ok to just use common sense and be practical and ignore that rule because he thinks it didn't have an effect on the game. AND HE SAYS SO ON RADIO!

Myers missed his shot. Just like Brown missed his. Same effect. Different umpiring result.

I think I'm the only one that cares, but sheesh I'm sick of the hypocrisy of the AFL and it's Vic boys club.

I fart in their general direction!

Fokker out!

You’re not the only one that cares but I for one know that there’s * all anyone can do to change the ineptitude of the AFL and it’s CEO Gill the dill, and the fact that it’s still effectively the VFL so why get uptight about it.

The umpiring in the AFL has gradually got worse over the years and ever since our inception we’ve consistently been getting shafted by them, I doubt this will ever change.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haven’t seen the Rampe thing yet, but I’m not philosophically against the umpires giving warnings. They do it all the time at stoppages “no holding” and they’re doing it with 6-6-6.

Common sense dictates that Brad Hill should have been given a warning too. This is the problem in the AFL - different umpires with different personalities and different interpretations.

And Gill the dill has just rewarded that behaviour. He’s virtually said don’t worry about the rules just pay what you want and don’t pay what you don’t. Absolute clown!

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
You’re not the only one that cares but I for one know that there’s **** all anyone can do to change the ineptitude of the AFL and it’s CEO Gill the dill, and the fact that it’s still effectively the VFL so why get uptight about it.

The umpiring in the AFL has gradually got worse over the years and ever since our inception we’ve consistently been getting shafted by them, I doubt this will ever change.
Yeah you're probably right! Time for a beer!

It's the best ball game on the planet. But sadly a very contorted, partisan, skewed playing field umpired by literal amateurs. They should be full time professionals. It will never improve until that happens.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah you're probably right! Time for a beer!

It's the best ball game on the planet. But sadly a very contorted, partisan, skewed playing field umpired by literal amateurs. They should be full time professionals. It will never improve until that happens.

You’re right, it is still be best game in the world but it’s deteriorating imo. Maybe it’s just me but some games these days are just so boring it’s unwatchable and then others are unwatchable due to the poor or biased umpiring.

Back