Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Wills is a very talented footballer and I am delighted to see him break through and get another crack. He is a real predator at the stoppage who then gets it out and gives it off quickly. I don't like him being given a tagging role per-se as I think it curtails the strongest part of his game, winning the ball at stoppages.

I have visions of at least once getting to see Wills, Bear and De Goey in the same midfield, absolutely monstering opposition mids, pure carnage.

Loving the love for my man Wills. Don't know that I've ever hoped more for a good game from a player before. At least not since Scharenberg's return game. Smash 'em Rupe!!

I loved Ragnar Lothbrok.

And what happened to the greatest of all Vikings?

Went to Valhalla after being tossed in a pit of deadly snakes.
The show went to crap after Ragnar died.
Should have stopped there.
Just "Nordic Lost" now.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The show went to crap after Ragnar died.
Should have stopped there.
Just "Nordic Lost" now.
Travis Fimmel was sooooo good.

They just couldn’t over come his loss.
This is the last season coming up.

So many shows excel as they play out the original concept and then just trail off into drivel, as the TV execs try to squeeze every last cent out of them.

Lost was like this after the second show.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Should be his last Game at AFL level.

Doing nothing against the 1 of the worst teams in the AFL

Dunno, it's his first game in 2 years or something and he was on Cripps. Sure, not a great game but can't make the call on one game. Having said that, I reckon he should have moved to Gold Coast or somewhere during the trades, because we have better.

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
He's just not good enough.
12 touches today playing as a mid----others wilt tell you he had a negating role....go look at who he was supposed to be negating....his direct opponent almost single handedly defeated us.
There's nothing to like about him as a player....big body they said....well that's proven to be overrated if you cannot use it.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for your efforts Rupe, but things have gone past you I think.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
In fairness he needs 3 or 4 games in a row to make that call
That’s probably the fairest take.

Not sure he gets a string of games but likely he needs that continuity.

It’s a bit rough to have one game and be judged so harshly by some.
That said, it’s a brutal competition and spaces in the side are of a premium.

(That’s why Sier was such a revelation as he looked like he belonged at the highest level and owned his spot.)

No need to stick the boot in, he’d no doubt improve given a few games in a row. The problem is we’re meant to be a good side and there are more talented players waiting in the wings, namely Beams, Sier, Wells and in another three weeks, Adams.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
No need to stick the boot in, he’d no doubt improve given a few games in a row. The problem is we’re meant to be a good side and there are more talented players waiting in the wings, namely Beams, Sier, Wells and in another three weeks, Adams.
Fair call.
It’s just he’s never quite had a healthy run at it.

The most likely outcome is his AFL career won’t be game heavy, but I’m with you, no need to stick the boot in.

Never quite get the need for some to be so condescending. I guess we’re all different in approach.

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
What about the Quaynor boy? He must be close to getting a game.

Back