Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
F2B49715-BE58-4F74-83A5-F6FDBEDAD8A4.png
It’s from some bullshit Facebook page. They’d never let him go but we can always dream. Wouldn’t mind McKay aswell haha

I heard that Hawks are into Charlie Curnow in a big way!

He is signed up til end of 2023 but apparantly feeling disheartened.. Hawks working hard behind the scenes, definitely won't come cheap...
Probs about 8x 1st Rounders should do it

Legit journos are just typing in 'young key position forward' & the ones that come up are who we are targeting.
Nah, we’d be sounding out lots of managers and players about the next two off seasons, so there may be something to some of what is written.....whether anything actually eventuates is another thing.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nah, we’d be sounding out lots of managers and players about the next two off seasons, so there may be something to some of what is written.....whether anything actually eventuates is another thing.
No doubt we would be, but the timing of all these reports being so close together is a bit suspect as well as them just seeming to realise that Roughead is cooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
My completely uninformed view on what may happen this year:

Trade for Patton (GWS) and Will Brodie (gcs) for late picks

Trade for a forgotten developing tall from say freo, WC or northern clubs - maybe for a future 3rd pick

Pick up what we can from FAs to add depth to the 22 - Matt Buntine (gws), maybe Sam day? Others??

Use our 1 and 2nd picks on best available (Or father sons).

Expect a mini clean out again this year so wouldn’t be surprised if some fringe players are traded out for late picks.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have no inside word but just listening to clarko state we could be 10months off or 4 yrs.
What could happen to make us contend in 10months, I'm not sure but im starting to think buddy returning is not that much of a pipeline dream.
Swans are going to head down the rebuild path, Could they convince jesinta to move ?

I have no inside word but just listening to clarko state we could be 10months off or 4 yrs.
What could happen to make us contend in 10months, I'm not sure but im starting to think buddy returning is not that much of a pipeline dream.
Swans are going to head down the rebuild path, Could they convince jesinta to move ?
If Buddy returns then the timeline blows out from 10 months to 10 years...

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Buddy returns then the timeline blows out from 10 months to 10 years...
Haha really I think he would have a immediate impact for 2 seasons if we could secure a gunmid with Mitchell returning.

Ps my wish list is
T.barass
B.sier
Two guns that could play for the next 10yrs. One down back, one in the guts.

Haha really I think he would have a immediate impact for 2 seasons if we could secure a gunmid with Mitchell returning.

Ps my wish list is
T.barass
B.sier
Two guns that could play for the next 10yrs. One down back, one in the guts.
What are you trading to get hold of Barass?

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Geelong gets top 10 pick for Kelly.
On-traded to Hawthorn.
Geelong receive Worpel.

Hawthorn trades picks to move up in the draft and selects Anderson.
Dry your eyes mate.

There is no chance in hell that the teams that finish last / second last trade those picks out. Rowell and Anderson are forecasted to be once in a generation types you can build a team around. It would likely take 2 x top 10 picks in the 2019 draft for them to even pick up the phone. I'm not even convinced Worpel + 1st would get it done and I wouldn't be giving that either from a Hawthorn perspective as it would likely end up being a sideways move.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons

That depends if she can hold down a KPD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back