Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
You can't defend the benching of chappy because he 'sat on the bench with his arms folded' haha that was one of the stupider scott moves. Up there with no ruckman against west coast.

No, but Chapman acted like a sook about it.

Besides, you have only heard one side of the story, the one you want to believe told to you by a player you like against a coach you hate.

BTW, everyone does some bench time during games. It's called "rotations" stupid.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Only if your "sciatica" is NOT from nerve compression in the spine or buttock (piriformis syndrome).
It is great for that condition of HSO above.
Are we off topic?
Think it is from the nerve compression. But it just seems like it would feel great attaching them all the way from my back down to my hammy.
CS has a sore back. It's often why he gets up in the box and walks around. Has an alarm set when to do it.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Whilst much of what you say here is factually probably correct, it’s needlessly pejorative.

Chappy regrets leaving in the manner to which he did and in the inflammatory manner in which he did. Understandably so though given the emotion involved. Chappy, Corey, Bartel and Johnson all left deeply unhappy, all feeling that the Cats owed them more. The problem is the cats owe the members to do their best.

All except Corey have all come around and still love Geelong. As I understand it Joel Corey is deeply unhappy with the cats.its never easy leaving a place you love especially if it’s not your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Then they know how Gary Ablett snr, Billy Brownless, Paul Couch and Mark Bairstow felt when Gary Ayres retired them.

They swore never to come back to the club until Ayres was gone.

Thankfully, all four were at the MCG when Geelong broke their premiership drought in 2007.

Players never think they are ready to retire. They would play on forever if they could. So the coach who retires them is never popular.

Think it is from the nerve compression. But it just seems like it would feel great attaching them all the way from my back down to my hammy.
CS has a sore back. It's often why he gets up in the box and walks around. Has an alarm set when to do it.
He's on 360 Monday pm I think.
Hope his timing is good after a NM game.
Tbh, I think he's become leaner and fitter as time has gone on in his tenure with us.
Think he does indeed look after himself.

I actually ran into Joel Corey a few years ago (maybe 2 or 3) when he was travelling down to Geelong (with Mooney, going to see some ex-team-mates) and I asked him that question, now I'll preface this by saying Joel is just one of those "nice" guys who would never say anything bad, so perhaps you can't take his words at face value, but he said he holds no animosity it's just that he hasn't been back in any official way, yet.
From what I understood, Corey was quite comfortable with the timing of his retirement. Didn't see him trying to play anywhere else.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Then they know how Gary Ablett snr, Billy Brownless, Paul Couch and Mark Bairstow felt when Gary Ayres retired them.

Thankfully, all four were at the MCG when Geelong broke their premiership drought in 2007.

Players never think they are ready to retire. They would play on forever if they could. So the coach who retires them is never popular.
One of those players was not welcomed back to the club. Costa knew there was a few who would do more harm than good. And it wasn't Ablett.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
One of those players was not welcomed back to the club. Costa knew there was a few who would do more harm than good. And it wasn't Ablett.

It must be Bairstow then, because I saw the other three at the 2007 GF.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I think he forgot there used to be a sub rule lol

He was subbed to protect his hammy and make sure that he was right to get through to the Grand Final if we needed him.

How would you have felt if Chappy started on the ground, and did his hamstring, and missed the rest of the finals series? You would then bag Chris Scott for that.

Chappy was an ungrateful sook who should have cherised being part of three premierships instead of lamenting that he could have gone to another club for more money.

Like I also said, was it Chris Scott's fault that Chappy ran past the ball and elbowed Justin Westoff in the head,in the Semi-Final, giving him a week's suspension? We lost to the Hawks the next week, and he wasn't there to help us. It cost us the GF.

But I suppose you blame CS for Chappy getting himself rubbed out in a SF as well.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Was talking about the dude who was quite nice and you said how he called CS a dud.
But 2013 now your talking!
Fuken CS playing Varcoe, starting poor, poor heart and soul Chappy on the bench in his 250th, Hawkins back was fine so no need to play Walker during the year, but then it wasn't fine.
Classic CS thread. Can't run a pub either.
I was reading between the lines.
Can't help if I'm dyslexic!

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Shows how hypocritical some players are , and perhaps how selfish ... they all come into the side at someones expense. The justification to accept less money and expect it later on is just a childish notion on what they feel is an entitlement. If you want the money get it or dont. No one denies the system is wrong. Get the club to sign the contract or dont.. but dont get grumpy when you have enjoyed the ride and its all done. Its like a kid at show screaming he does want out of the dodgem.

Chris Scott making hard choices was part of his job description .. and if any of them were in the role they would have done something similar or been taking money on false pretenses..and when the whole clubs fell into the mire ..would have just dropped off the map ..or gone into the media like a few failed X coaches..

OddYears

Club Legend
May 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Geelong
He was subbed to protect his hammy and make sure that he was right to get through to the Grand Final if we needed him.

How would you have felt if Chappy started on the ground, and did his hamstring, and missed the rest of the finals series? You would then bag Chris Scott for that.

Chappy was an ungrateful sook who should have cherised being part of three premierships instead of lamenting that he could have gone to another club for more money.

Like I also said, was it Chris Scott's fault that Chappy ran past the ball and elbowed Justin Westoff in the head,in the Semi-Final, giving him a week's suspension? We lost to the Hawks the next week, and he wasn't there to help us. It cost us the GF.

But I suppose you blame CS for Chappy getting himself rubbed out in a SF as well.
No one is blaming Scott for chappys suspension. That’s got nothing to do with benching him. You’re really drawing the longbow here. ‘Chappy Was a sook’ doesn’t help your argument when he was a champion of the club and a known big game and finals performer. He had every right to be pissed off. As you said, he was a leader. Where do you want your leaders? Out on the field, you know, leading. Your Scott fan club membership won’t be revoked if you disagree with a decision he makes.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

No I don't. As I said in a previous post I was having a bit of a joke about 2013.
Truth be told, I though that Freo game was epic, and never in my life have I seen 2 teams go that hard for that long.
I was very proud of us.
As for the sook bit I don't know the whole story about it so can't really agree.
Gotta remember a lot of our great players of that era took unders for most of their career.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Scott gets **** because he is too busy trying to win home and away games instead of a team built for finals.

This team looks a bit better but we have had pretty good luck with injury and form so far considering our age profile and heavy reliance on particular players.

You dont get a prize for continually finishing top 3 and then getting smashed in prelims.

Seriously you are very clueless when it comes to footy.

Heavy reliance on particular players yet we just beat essendon at the MCG by six goals without selwood and dangerfield non influential with injury.

The rest of your post is just too much garbage it embarrasses itself really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back