Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Went down to Freo Social last night, was good, the usual otherside brews and a few novelty beers. Food was good and reasonably priced. It was humming along pretty well, Eskimo Joe were playing in the hall which was a sellout. Good to have another option in Freo.

_20190525_192539.JPG

Touch of SA flavour tonight. 🙂

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Tried Baltars XPA for the first time. Such a smashable beer. Still doesn't knock off the VPA for me.

Tried Baltars XPA for the first time. Such a smashable beer. Still doesn't knock off the VPA for me.

XPA is pretty *en easy drinking. But yes VPA is up there with all time beers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
XPA is pretty ****en easy drinking. But yes VPA is up there with all time beers.
I accidentally had that XPA (not meant to be drinking for a month) but im looking forward to smashing that and some VPA when the months up. It's been so long since i've had a vpa too.

May 14, 2011
And I'm feeling so boohemian like you.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
Had Rocky Ridge's "Karl joins the Mafia" tonight at Petition tonight, and just had to go another (even at $20 a pop).

White Imperial Stout (even though the style is a bit of a furphy) - the coffee is glorious, super toasty and warm. ABV at 9.8% must be embellished because it doesn't taste boozy at all. Went down an absolute treat.

Back home now, with the repackaged, and assumed new recipe Cheeky Monkey West Coast IPA, or Cheeky IPA as it's now called. TBH - not a fan of the new recipe, thought the former was absolutely spot on. The packaging is a little generic too compared to what it was. Having both "Cheeky IPA" and West Coast IPA will be confusing for the average punter - just thinking with my Business Services hat on.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Had Rocky Ridge's "Karl joins the Mafia" tonight at Petition tonight, and just had to go another (even at $20 a pop).

White Imperial Stout (even though the style is a bit of a furphy) - the coffee is glorious, super toasty and warm. ABV at 9.8% must be embellished because it doesn't taste boozy at all. Went down an absolute treat.

Back home now, with the repackaged, and assumed new recipe Cheeky Monkey West Coast IPA, or Cheeky IPA as it's now called. TBH - not a fan of the new recipe, thought the former was absolutely spot on. The packaging is a little generic too compared to what it was. Having both "Cheeky IPA" and West Coast IPA will be confusing for the average punter - just thinking with my Business Services hat on.

I'd be surprised if they've changed the WCIPA recipe. Also they are only offering one IPA that I'm aware of - the West Coast version.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I asked the question Boohemian. Mid (red) was updated, Session is new, Pale is dialled in to be more on the sessionable side. WCIPA was adjusted but only to suit the new Brewhouse kit. It should present pretty similar to what it was.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone had any decent sessionable darker beers lately? Last few cartons have been either Nail Stout or Boston Brown Ale but I can't find much else that's a sort of an everyday beer rather than a special buy two cans kind of beer.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone had any decent sessionable darker beers lately? Last few cartons have been either Nail Stout or Boston Brown Ale but I can't find much else that's a sort of an everyday beer rather than a special buy two cans kind of beer.
Have you tried Vishy's nut brown ale?

Gwaihir

Senior List
May 20, 2018
Heartland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wizards
Bad Shepherd Hazelnut Brown. Part of on the hops six pack at liquor barons. Impressed enough to grab it on its own. Likely more special buy than everyday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back