Religion Folau

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact of the matter is that Izzy doesn't hate gays because if he did he would single them out and deliberately try to antagonize and make them feel bad for their attraction, his faith shouldn't be a factor in ending his career in sport. The fact that same-sex marriage is culturally acceptable is what Izzy is against he doesn't hate them, but by posting on Twitter what he posted was trying to get them to turn from the ways. I admire the man, he is so devout that he is putting his career on the line for his faith, in a way its martyrdom but I'm sure God admires him for it.
If you believe that homosexuals deserve to be treated as lesser citizens because of their sexuality, you're a bigot.

He's not just against homosexual marriage; he's against homosexuals per se. He believes they deserve to be tortured ffs...but he loves them.

Folau is devout to his beliefs in much the same way that a poor pensioner may sell their assets and give the proceeds to a prosperity preacher who wants leather seats on their private jet.

We all hate pedophilia and there is NEVER any excuse for it to happen and neither do I equate gays with pedophiles
but there is scientific evidence that some are born that way and their desires were to have sex with children

There are pedophiles who have never harmed a child but acknowledge there is a inner attraction they struggle with
Don't argue with me argue with the scientists doing studies

Many want to reject this because they only want gays as hard wired as it fits their ideology.
It is illogical for other humans to not be hard wired to some extent - why are gays a special case
Children can't consent to sex with adults. Adults can consent to sex with other adults of the same gender.

Your comparison is offensive and silly.

Thanks actually wrong. You can't clause your way out of the law. That is ultimately what this about: the friction between religious freedom, anti-discrimination and contracts. Contracts will come a distant last if this goes to a real court.
Contractual clause or anti-discrimination; either way, Folau is fked.

I am in two minds about this. I am all for free speech, and part of what has occurred here is stifling free speech and freedom of religion. However Folau only has a strong social media following on the basis that he is a Rugby Australia (as well as ex-AFL/NRL) employee. Therefore it is not unreasonable that they should have some say in what he is broadcasting on these platforms.

His beliefs are his beliefs and if he had have mentioned them in church on a Sunday amongst his peers there would be no controversy.

How did you come to that conclusion...I acknowledged people are born gay

But I also said that people are hard wired in other areas which science has proven.
You are the one disagreeing with science that people can be hard wired in non gay areas
How many alcoholic children, atheist children, or adulterous children do you see committing suicide because they feel unaccepted by society?

It's quite normal for people to become aware of their sexuality during childhood and adolescence, and to have public figures like Folau hit them with bigoted hateful views during their vulnerable years must be hard to take.

I'm amazed at the lack of social awareness by many who post here. It's staggering.

If you believe that homosexuals deserve to be treated as lesser citizens because of their sexuality, you're a bigot.

He's not just against homosexual marriage; he's against homosexuals per se. He believes they deserve to be tortured ffs...but he loves them.

Folau is devout to his beliefs in much the same way that a poor pensioner may sell their assets and give the proceeds to a prosperity preacher who wants leather seats on their private jet.

At what point did I believe gays should be treated as lesser citizens?

How many alcoholic children, atheist children, or adulterous children do you see committing suicide because they feel unaccepted by society?

It's quite normal for people to become aware of their sexuality during childhood and adolescence, and to have public figures like Folau hit them with bigoted hateful views during their vulnerable years must be hard to take.

I'm amazed at the lack of social awareness by many who post here. It's staggering.

1. If an alcoholic child committed suicide it's most likely because of the alcohol and not because of unacceptance, if they are drinking under the age of 16 then they are not only foolish and stupid but most probably are actually accepted by modern day society for underage drinking.

2. Atheistic children are more accepted by society than Christianity and Islam etc. If you are a Christian you're judged like Folau is,

3. Adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse and I don't about you but I haven't met many children who are married.

What does sexuality have to do with alcoholic children, atheist children, or adulterous children?

Before you post your opinions on this thread please make sure it actually makes sense :)

1. If an alcoholic child committed suicide it's most likely because of the alcohol and not because of unacceptance, if they are drinking under the age of 16 then they are not only foolish and stupid but most probably are actually accepted by modern day society for underage drinking.

2. Atheistic children are more accepted by society than Christianity and Islam etc. If you are a Christian you're judged like Folau is,

3. Adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse and I don't about you but I haven't met many children who are married.

What does sexuality have to do with alcoholic children, atheist children, or adulterous children?

Before you post your opinions on this thread please make sure it actually makes sense :)
Woosh.

Unbelievable how everyone gets so wound up about all this s**t when really the only issue here is whether there should be these sorts of workplace contracts/agreements/restrictions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm loving this. For literally most of life I was exposed to homophobia on a regular basis, it became water off a duck's back for the most part but that's something you have to work at. Now the boot is on the other foot, and that sort of thing is no longer considered acceptable for whatever reason, the amount of pleasure I'm getting from seeing the usual cultural warrior suspects work themselves into a lather over this is considerable.

This thread is about the intolerance of Issy as he hides behind the bible.
As much as you would like it to be about me its not.

If you are still sulking about being ejected from forum don’t blame me, I was not even on at the time.
You look in the mirror, as soon as you cant understand the arguments you abuse people.

Again, why should intolerance in the name of the bible be tolerated???
If you dont like the question i think you may be on the wrong thread.

He doesn’t hide behind the bible, those were not his original thoughts. He’s a full blown zealot, the bible drives him, he doesn’t hide behind it.

I'm loving this. For literally most of life I was exposed to homophobia on a regular basis, it became water off a duck's back for the most part but that's something you have to work at. Now the boot is on the other foot, and that sort of thing is no longer considered acceptable for whatever reason, the amount of pleasure I'm getting from seeing the usual cultural warrior suspects work themselves into a lather over this is considerable.

Probably as nourishing as the demand for a safe space board all to themselves on here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Folau can be censored for espousing his beliefs - per the religion he believes in - on social media and you follow those beliefs through to their origin, how can only Folau be called out and not the source of his comments? i.e. the religion itself? Because that's the real issue, isn't it?

Alan Joyce is an absolute dickhead the fact is that if he wasn't so offended by a bible verse (if he's an atheist then it doesn't apply to him anyway). Then none of this was gonna happen, the result is pathetic, Alan Joyce is a pussy, and his airline is s**t as well.

Anthony Mundine is Aboriginal and Muslim. He publicly voiced anti-American opinions after 9/11, and has also shared his homophobic views openly; I don't recall the media or general public accepting those views with open arms as you imagine.

The idea that Christians are mistreated in Australia is nonsense.
Both the current and putative PMs are
practising christians and Parliament is littered with theists. I don't think the poor old put upon faithful have much to worry about.

When you’re sacked from a workplace do they get a independent party involved?

In any case it seems IF is taking it to court , it’s his right to do so however I doubt the outcome will be any different

Of course you can challenge it.

But this is more like the Essendon doping case.

The governing body found in favour of itself.

Then it gets to be chsllenged if Folau wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back