Underrated footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

I also think van Aanholt is handy too.
I've seen some people say this, but I couldn't disagree more. He's great going forward, but a genuine liability defensively. Should be a winger.

For this thread, at least in the Premier League, I'd nominate Johnny Evans. Think he's a really bloody solid defender.

For me, Wijnaldum. An excellent depth player, and more than adequate to fill in if he starts. Very likeable too.
When I saw this thread pop up in my alerts the fire theme that came to mind was Wijnaldum.

Goes about his business with a minimum of fuss and is very effective at what he does. Always smiling too.

Amazes me there are people who still think Henderson is shite. He was immense in the semifinal, has consistently stepped up in the big games for us. About to lead his team onto the field in a 2nd European Cup final and 3rd European final in 4 years.

Last edited:

Amazes me there are people who still think Henderson is shite. He was immense in the semifinal, has consistently stepped up in the big games for us.

Its bizarre. And Klopp rates him extremely highly. Top class footballer, very happy he is our leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back