Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The dropping of Dunstan was a tactical master class in coaching that only richo understands.

Will never understand why that happened

Perhaps because his output wasn't the best?
Tonight was his best game for the year.

Before tonight as our midfield bull he had

16, 18 and 20 disposals.

One would suggest that Richo made the right call in dropping and then bringing him back. Luke does seem to need the kick up the butt from time to time.

Perhaps because his output wasn't the best?
Tonight was his best game for the year.

Before tonight as our midfield bull he had

16, 18 and 20 disposals.

One would suggest that Richo made the right call in dropping and then bringing him back. Luke does seem to need the kick up the butt from time to time.
When can we kick Richo up the butt & give Ratts or Blade a go?

Funny that nobody is questioning Ratten. We haven't kicked 100 points all year. One of the lowest scoring sides in the competition. The lowest inside 50 to score ratio in the league.

Funny that nobody is questioning Ratten. We haven't kicked 100 points all year. One of the lowest scoring sides in the competition. The lowest inside 50 to score ratio in the league.

So you're saying we should burn Ratts at the stake. It's his fault. Get him.

You can't kick goals if we keep turning the ball over in the midfield or from the back half.

Thought we actually came with a pretty good plan for that game. Unfortunately the players just weren't able to execute and coughed it up at crucial moments. With the injuries that we have it was a decent effort, certainly not blaming Richo for the loss.

The main issue is the forward line, it's not working and we don't have anyone up there really stepping up and kicking goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't kick goals if we keep turning the ball over in the midfield or from the back half.
Can't kick goals bombing into the forward line on every chance you get either.

That's because Brett Ratten is only responsible for the positive outcomes. Richo is in charge of the negatives.

We don’t need to, Richo will throw him under the bus along with past assistants, the list manager & the players. He will just say he wasn’t provided the correct people to have a chance at being successful.

In all seriousness, I don’t believe sacking Richo will do a hell of a lot in the short term. However, I think at the end of the year the club needs a circuit breaker. A new person in front of the camera & a new voice.

Yes he inherited a poor list in an inconvenient time with the inception of the expansion clubs but when is enough enough? One of the longest serving coaches, with an extremely poor winning percentage & has never taken his team to finals.

Sometimes you just need a change for changes sake. I think it’s inevitable.

In all seriousness, I don’t believe sacking Richo will do a hell of a lot in the short term. However, I think at the end of the year the club needs a circuit breaker. A new person in front of the camera & a new voice.

Sometimes you just need a change for changes sake. I think it’s inevitable.

I understand your point, but what does it do to the players? Will morale drop if the coach is sacked? Will they see it as the club starting over?
It'll probably be less of a blow if Ratten ends up as coach, but change for changes sake only seems to work well for fans.
The club is doing ok right now. We're missing what, 5 or 6 of our better players? You can only play with the team you've got, but if the experience is sitting on the sidelines, its tough to cover with guys who've played less than 30 games.

I don't know if Richo is who we need moving forward, there just isn't enough information available for me to make the call. I think when push comes to shove, Lethlean won't hesitate to pull the trigger if it needs to be done. He's sitting in the coaches box, he's there during the week. He is seeing it all, and he has no allegiances to anyone at the club.

I understand your point, but what does it do to the players? Will morale drop if the coach is sacked? Will they see it as the club starting over?
It'll probably be less of a blow if Ratten ends up as coach, but change for changes sake only seems to work well for fans.
The club is doing ok right now. We're missing what, 5 or 6 of our better players? You can only play with the team you've got, but if the experience is sitting on the sidelines, its tough to cover with guys who've played less than 30 games.

I don't know if Richo is who we need moving forward, there just isn't enough information available for me to make the call. I think when push comes to shove, Lethlean won't hesitate to pull the trigger if it needs to be done. He's sitting in the coaches box, he's there during the week. He is seeing it all, and he has no allegiances to anyone at the club.

He’s one of our longest ever serving coaches. He’s had long enough. It’s a results based industry & he’s had poor results over a long period. Can’t keep him forever. Players just want to win. I think they would be happy with a new coach & would give them belief of improving.

Sadly for the club, the statistical data does not lie. We have one of the most unsuccessful coaches we've had in 30 years, only 2 coaches in 30 years have worse win loss records - Blight coached 15 games, Watson coached 44.

It wasn't ideal environment in 2014 when Richo took the helm, lots of excuses from debt to drafts....But I'm pretty sure having these lads we should've had better success...Reiwoldt ( who ended up with the most marks in the afl or top 3 for several more years) Montagna ( was averaging 30 touches) , Hayes ( fading but still avg. 4 tackles and 25 disposals) , Geary ( starting peak) Roberton, Stevens ( start of gun years) , Gilbert ( still impacting had best stats in career still to come) Fischer ( fading star) Armitage ( peaking) , Schneider (impacting but fading hard) Dempster ( peaking) were playing solidly, some were guns, some stars, some fading stars but I am 100% confident a coach like Clarkson would've had us playing finals....not to mention the serious young talent from 2014,15 that are still playing today.

I've talked to Richo many times, he is absolutely a decent human, a genuine guy, I know he's a family man and is trying his best. ( if you're reading this Richo, I love your home brewed beers but you gotta let go and you know it).

He’s one of our longest ever serving coaches. He’s had long enough. It’s a results based industry & he’s had poor results over a long period. Can’t keep him forever. Players just want to win. I think they would be happy with a new coach & would give them belief of improving.
Good post,
if he doesn't make finals we have to change things up cant keep going on like this

4 wins and 4 losses seems ahead of the ledger at this stage. He has 14 weeks to prove if he is good enough. And the people deciding will take into account many things including injuries and the get out clause.

I tipped us to be 1 win 10 losses by midway through the year. I think it's far too soon to start talking about sacking the coach. Not on the back of the last 2 weeks.

I tipped us to be 1 win 10 losses by midway through the year. I think it's far too soon to start talking about sacking the coach. Not on the back of the last 2 weeks.
Very true should not be on the back off last 2 weeks will be done on last 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back