Rumour Steven May: 'personal issues' and drinking

Lol at Melbourne supporters

Doesn't need to drink to catch up with mates, he is injured, it's like the first rule of being injured you don't get on the piss.

brixyblue

Debutant
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
There is no ban on alcohol during the season for most clubs. The issue is that the demons had a policy in place that if you are in the rehab group you can not drink while you are rehabbing. Clubs invest alot of money in the players and put alot of resources into helping players while injured. There has been numerous studies that show alcohol slows down the healing process of soft tissue injuries. Surely it's not to hard to give up a beer for a month or 2 for the amount of money that you get paid

Marley Williams out today with personal issues. Is this North saying he has mental illness as well, or will people calm down and accept they are 2 completely different things?
IO figure that is just code for 'he is going out for a few beers with some mates today'

I didn't get this beat up of a story, he was out having a couple beers, he wasn't shitfaced and getting booted from the venue who gives a ****, why is this news?
I think this is almost the tipping point for a s**t 3 months since joining the club.
Turned up overweight and unfit, which was called out by the coach. Then got suspended in his only full match for the club and now is out on the piss we the club has a no alcohol policy for players in rehab.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
When i hear people have personal problems i automatically think they have a drink problem. A drug problem, or problems in there personal life's. or all 3 or any 2 from 3 Unless they go public.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
When i hear people have personal problems i automatically think they have a drink problem. A drug problem, or problems in there personal life's. or all 3 or any 2 from 3 Unless they go public.
Gambling is another huge one, that can be extremely detrimental to people's lives, that get's advertised every 5 minutes when the footy is on.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
1557980251598.png

Senior List
Mar 21, 2023
AFL Club
Melbourne

His recent comments would suggest he should ease back on the alcohol before he speaks in public
man at team awards night pumps up said team, fosters optimism and hope for younger players for a push next year. Absolute Nothingburger, while saying that they were 'so much better' is a stretch, who hasn't put a bit of Mayo on a statement in an internal setting?

The media witch-hunt on the dees since the whole Maynard thing has been strange to witness. Someone high up has a little bee in their bonnet. But hey, it's better than being irrelevant 🤷

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

His recent comments would suggest he should ease back on the alcohol before he speaks in public
What he said was bang on. We smashed collingwood all over the park. We just couldn't convert. It was hard to watch the granny and see the pies hold up the cup knowing that our midfield tore them to shreds and our defence completely smothered their forwards. If the Afl did a best of 5 series like in the nba then dees would win it. We were better. But when it comes down to 1 game, anything can happen.

It was at the club's B&F - who cares?

Australians are embarrassingly sensitive about any personality in sport. I'd love for Nick Larkey to come out and say we're gonna flog the s**t out of our opponents next week lol

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What he said was bang on. We smashed collingwood all over the park. We just couldn't convert. It was hard to watch the granny and see the pies hold up the cup knowing that our midfield tore them to shreds and our defence completely smothered their forwards. If the Afl did a best of 5 series like in the nba then dees would win it. We were better. But when it comes down to 1 game, anything can happen.
Didn’t Carlton also beat you this final series?

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
You didn't win though. Suck s**t

Back