No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there's a rule specifically stating that "a player is not allowed to affect the flight of the ball when its kicked towards goal with an anti-tank missile".

But if Cale Hooker did that, I'd probably want a free kick.

Yeah mate but umpires are human they will make mistakes. It happens and it will continue to happen.
Just out of curiousty, when was the last time you played a competitive game of sport where the umpires blows his whistle regularly (football, soccer, basketball, volleyball, hockey, netball)? At any level, social through to professional?

Just out of curiousty, when was the last time you played a competitive game of sport where the umpires blows his whistle regularly (football, soccer, basketball, volleyball, hockey, netball)? At any level, social through to professional?
What has that got to do with it mate. In any of those sports just like it has been historically umpires have made mistakes and are u telling me the half time spray includes one for the umpires today?

Yeah mate but umpires are human they will make mistakes. It happens and it will continue to happen.
Absolutely. No one denies this. My post is addressing the laughable notion their mistakes have less effect than the players. It's laughable because it is completely beyond the players' control. A guy takes a mark in the centre, and the umpire takes it off him because in his opinion team mate roughly pushed a poor forward in the chest in his defensive goal square. Sliding doors, every decision changes results. As I said it's just that some of them are supposed to change results.

Watching Rugby League atm. Can anyone explain the purpose of their scrums? Seems like a waste of time to me, may as well just tap it like other penalties.
There is no rule saying teams can’t contest scrums, they just choose not to and accept that the ball will be fed into the second row rather than into the hooker’s feet.

Absolutely. No one denies this. My post is addressing the laughable notion their mistakes have less effect than the players. It's laughable because it is completely beyond the players' control. A guy takes a mark in the centre, and the umpire takes it off him because in his opinion team mate roughly pushed a poor forward in the chest in his defensive goal square. Sliding doors, every decision changes results. As I said it's just that some of them are supposed to change results.
Yes it does the players make more of an impact on the game than any umpire otherwise why play?

1. Manus is not a shite hole! Thousands of locals live there and were happy before being bombarded with the "worlds' problems".
2. Maybe Sicily should be sent somewhere and some sense beaten into him. Have had a gutful of him carrying on and mouthing other players. I say just play fair and hard, win premierships, then go on be a smart ass.

Interesting story, but that’s not what I said.

RTFQ

There is no rule saying teams can’t contest scrums, they just choose not to and accept that the ball will be fed into the second row rather than into the hooker’s feet.
A lot of neck injuries were sustained back decades ago when scrums were fed properly and many would blow up in fist fights as the hookers would scrag each other. League accepted that feeding the ball into the second row was much safer and ended up being a way of opening up the field to the outside centres and wingers.

Union has scrums that are still contests and line-outs that are fascinating to watch sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett with another raised forearm to the head, almost identical to last week....

Already being cleared by the commentators - “well if it was only a fine last week it can only be a fine this week”....and around and around we go with the self fulfilling “I haven’t been suspended in my career” argument.

Watching Rugby League atm. Can anyone explain the purpose of their scrums? Seems like a waste of time to me, may as well just tap it like other penalties.
It still has a role in the game as to disadvantage the team that has given away the penalty. From a scrum there is far more room for attacking backs to come forward to score whilst the larger defensive players are stuck doing sweet feck all at the scrum.

Ablett with another raised forearm to the head, almost identical to last week....

Already being cleared by the commentators - “well if it was only a fine last week it can only be a fine this week”....and around and around we go with the self fulfilling “I haven’t been suspended in my career” argument.

Screenshot_20190512-135406_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20190512-135420_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20190512-135428_AFL.jpg

So is Ablett really the clean skin he is made out to be or does belonging to the protected species group is what has kept his record clean

Watching him once again raise his hands and adopt the hangdog look to tell the player athat he has engaged with and the ump that it is him that’s at fault rather than Gaz seems to be a regular occurrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back