2nds 2019 Suns Reserves and NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously greenwool score more goal than a lot of players on GCS list last year , if GCS drafted him as rookie B he is on first year contract regardless he is age 19 or 21 /weight like those from Ireland or US , next year both Dawson and Heron last year as Rookie B if GCS keep them 3 year Max (I rather Crossley , ace type on Rookie B) .I think two years are pretty fair development time for Dawson and Heron. People should always look at ability rather than weight eg Powell especially project player for rookie B spot. Give him one year in professional environment /Salary like Dawson if he still can't bulk up can always let him go after a year . Collingwood paid a lot more for Cox as Rookie B in his first year playing VFL.
And Cox was skinny

And nobody likes skinny Cox

15 listed should play. Nice top ups.

GOLD COAST
B:
45. J Dawson 21. J Leslie 38. J Joyce
HB: 17. C Ellis 46. C Graham 43. J McLennan
C: 33. G Horlin-Smith 35. M Rischitelli 36. J Schoenfeld
HF: 29. C Burgess 12. S Day 54. L McDonald
F: 48. F Greenwool 34. B King 47. H Oea
R: 22. T Nicholls 40. J Heron 7. W Brodie
Int: 50. C Budarick 49. A Davies 55. J Gore 42. C Nutting
Emg: 59. M Conroy 56. R Gilmore 58. D Koenen

15 listed should play. Nice top ups.

GOLD COAST
B:
45. J Dawson 21. J Leslie 38. J Joyce
HB: 17. C Ellis 46. C Graham 43. J McLennan
C: 33. G Horlin-Smith 35. M Rischitelli 36. J Schoenfeld
HF: 29. C Burgess 12. S Day 54. L McDonald
F: 48. F Greenwool 34. B King 47. H Oea
R: 22. T Nicholls 40. J Heron 7. W Brodie
Int: 50. C Budarick 49. A Davies 55. J Gore 42. C Nutting
Emg: 59. M Conroy 56. R Gilmore 58. D Koenen
Good to see the Academy kids are back.

Solid 2's team.

That is as stacked as we've been in the 2s this late in the season. By now we've normally got 5-10 on the injury list.

Despite some setbacks our injuries are starting to look ok now. Knock on wood! Last time I said that we started to lose them every week.

How good is this video! Fitzroy only been down here for a couple of years and has really developed in that time.

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2019-05-10/greenwool-on-neafl-rising-star-nomination

That is as stacked as we've been in the 2s this late in the season. By now we've normally got 5-10 on the injury list.

Despite some setbacks our injuries are starting to look ok now. Knock on wood! Last time I said that we started to lose them every week.

How good is this video! Fitzroy only been down here for a couple of years and has really developed in that time.

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2019-05-10/greenwool-on-neafl-rising-star-nomination
Fitzroy is lovely. I hope he can bulk up.

Nice to see Corbett get a mention.
Cal twoomey said he is a ripper around the club in his bonus podcast and Fitzroy also indicating he is a great clubman

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seriously I don’t know what drugs these neafl stats guys are on. Have counted one kid with 7 and they have him with a quarter of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King first goal:
King second goal:
King third goal:

Sam Day goal:

Yeah King a beautiful, long levered athlete. Daniher-like.
Can see him streaming out on the lead from the goal square.
Set shot very nice.

I'd be happy to give him a go but wouldn't think he'll set the AFL alight early.

Just a theory. What I reckon may happen is Lukosius and King are playing in the same spot. I reckon the club will be wanting to have Lukosius only play around 10 games this year, not to burn him out, so before the bye it will be Lukosius in and then after the bye, King will come in and play to the end of the season.

Just a theory anyway.

Prefer to see Ben king 3 goal highlights against Sydney , GWS and Brisbane NEAFL HB or Fullback . Ben king going to be a better player than Max king , just need to manage and develop him well . Wrong move going to turn him into Jack watts .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back