Review ******* festival of shite v crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I dod not mind the bombing forward but we had no one to capitalise on it. Until Howard moves forward. And we defended too high. What shits me is that it was, despite serving up a B team, a week babble game but we well and truly ****ed it st the selection table. And Bassett knew we did. This is all on Hinkley.

Your team is rubbish. Nothing like 2017.

You’re beating up on teams with kids for the past few weeks.

The sooner you accept it the better you’ll be.
Like I said, there is a distinct change of game plan as the 2017 one doesn't work anymore, we've change it to a contested high pressure tackle game plan....can it last for an entire season? I don't know.

It wasn't a fluke. It was Phil Walsh.

If we had Walsh as senior coach and he were still here we'd have at least one, if not multiple premierships by now.

Hinkley got the credit for his great work.
Yep, accept that. But don't give any significant credit to Ken to influence or improve Phil. Ken on his own coaching ability has achieved nadda.

The only consolation I can take is that Crows fans might mistakenly start to think their side is anything but hot garbage.

Yeah I was surprised by how ordinary they looked against Freo, and figured our coaches would be able to read their plays well. Lo and behold, we let them play an almost carbon copy of that game, with the same predictable result. Can't imagine them being there at the pointy end - even despite their draw they do eventually have to play some good teams.

Like I said, there is a distinct change of game plan as the 2017 one doesn't work anymore, we've change it to a contested high pressure tackle game plan....can it last for an entire season? I don't know.

Too much required by too few for that to work. You’re 8 rounds into a 22 round season and you’re already fading out in games. Don’t have the right players for that type of style.

It wasn't a fluke. It was Phil Walsh.

If we had Walsh as senior coach and he were still here we'd have at least one, if not multiple premierships by now.

Hinkley got the credit for his great work.

Given our 2013 and 2014 game style we’re nearly identical I think it’s a reach to say Walsh was the major factor given he got there in 2014.

He was clearly a talented coach, but at the same time he was the assistant coach that convinced choco not to shut down the 2007 gf when Geelong were getting a run on.

I would have loved Walsh to stay and perhaps lead us one day, but in the end he only got the opportunity to coach 12 games for a 7/5 record (having taken over a side that went 11/11). Interestingly ken was also 7/5 after 12 although he took over a side that won 5.
Perhaps Walsh just hadn’t coached long enough to have a drop off.

Lol. Almost every single Port supporter on this board picked us to lose and described with frightening accuracy how and why it would happen.
Prepubescent troll appears, sploodging, 'l told you we'd win!! I told you we'd win!! I got superior knowledge!!'

Let's hope they think that they are a great because they were extremely unimpressive last night and all year.

If they make the finals they will be out quickly and they will believe walker is the man to lead there team and therefore achieve absolutely nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We often make jokes about the neighbours down West Lakes way. But glancing through “The Record” on page 47 they have a section called “Adelaide at a glance”. It’s printed in every Record for the our team and the opposition.
However what surprised me for most of the Adelaide hierarchy they have their afc email address there.
I suppose you could send them email, whether you got an answer is problematical!!

If you send the same email 4 times you won't get an answer.

Well, we've seen that movie plenty of times before. In fact, that game was practically a carbon copy of the pre season game against the Crows earlier this year. Patchy start, blown away as the game progresses by Adelaide's forward efficiency and our lack thereof, spirited late fightback to get within a kick or two, Crows kick a couple late to blow the margin back out to something more comfortable.

To kick 3 goals from 50 inside 50s to 3QT is just deplorable. That's the game right there. No further analysis needed. No forward system and no players in the selected team who are natural goal kickers or even somewhat capable of kicking their 2 or 3 or 4 goals. The contrast at the other end of the ground could not have been more obvious. We whacked them in clearances but it didn't matter. The game was decided at either end of the ground. And decisively so.

So many players in that forward line who just gave us nothing. Ryder and Lycett gave us nothing when they were resting forward. Farrell and Johnson gave us nothing. Westhoff and Marshall gave us nothing as key forwards. Neither are strong enough to play as forwards in the modern congested game. It's why Chad Wingard has become an ineffective forward - he's not strong enough either. I am beginning to have serious concerns about whether Marshall will ever make it at the level. And people have a go at Sam Gray but he was our most effective forward again last night, and has been ever since he was recalled.

Things begun to change once we put Dougal foward. It was no coincidence. He attacked the football with such enthusiasm and made things happen whenever we went to him. He's strong, quick and agile. He is a good defender on his day but has the capacity to be a great forward. Just play him there and see what happens.

Elsewhere, I thought Clurey was great down back. Lienert played probably his best AFL game. Broadbent is copping some flack but he was useful enough for his first game back.

Amon tried hard but was mostly ineffective. Motlop was terrible. Duursma I thought had a good game. Boak and SPP kept trying. Rockliff was a contested ball beast. But it was all for nothing because the forward line was so poor, so dysfunctional, that no matter what we did anywhere else on the ground, it never looked like mattering because we just couldn't find a way to goal.
Yep, nailed it.

We knew exactly what the Crows were going to bring, and we knew it wasn't great football. They got lucky with a few dribbled snaps that went through, and they got a few goals over the back which will happen every week against us, even if we execute perfectly, like against West Coast.

The fact that we got back into the game so quickly when we moved Howard forward would surprise nobody except maybe Hinkley. But lol who cares, because we all know that we'll elect to ignore that lesson and * back up our forward structure asap.

3 goals after 50 odd inside 50s. We've played 3 tall forwards who don't provide a lot of presence, but that's not really on them. Westhoff has played 250 games lacking presence when playing as a forward. Ryder isn't a key forward and has never consistently played well there. Marshall is skinny and green.

We know that the nature of a showdown means there will be a lot of hacked kicks forward. We know that the Crows thrive off of driving out of half back, and we decided to high ball in 60 forward entries.

I've said it before, but under any other coach in the league, John Butcher is still on our list, 150+ games in, playing a competent but not excellent packbusting, target man forward type role. Think Kurt Tippett. The total disregard our coaches have had for the forward line over the past 6 years has led to the comical bullshit we saw yesterday where we may as well have had a brick wall on the F50 arc for 3 quarters.

Any Crows supporters coming in here to claim that as an impressive win are in for a rude shock when they play any team that isn't complete s**t.

I wonder if they have been instructed to not lead, the preferred model being bring it to ground and then chaos ball. Which hasn't worked for us ever.

Seeing our guys standing behind theirs is disappointing.

Bass is a failed forwards coach.

100% re the possibility of instruction to stand behind their man

At the eagles game I saw Marshall do exactly that when he should have ran towards the ball.

I thought, geez this kid made a mistake but it happened time and time again.

Perhaps as you say, it’s just poor coaching

To be honest I don’t care if their team is average or what, is this some way to justifying that our team is shithouse? If so at least if their team is garbage they can hang their hat on the fact we’re their bitches. Saying that, they have too join the bitch que

"WE WILL NEVER, EVER, GIVE 2 SHITS"
"If we get it inside 50 often enough we will surely kick a goal eventually".

Or

"Don't expect too much, it's a tough competition and we are just a little suburban club that tries hard"

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol. Almost every single Port supporter on this board picked us to lose and described with frightening accuracy how and why it would happen.
Prepubescent troll appears, sploodging, 'l told you we'd win!! I told you we'd win!! I got superior knowledge!!'
This was a debate/argument I had with Janus after the Fremantle game as to how we will win, not that we will win.

"If we get it inside 50 often enough we will surely kick a goal eventually".

Or

"Don't expect too much, it's a tough competition and we are just a little suburban club that tries hard"

Said in jest, but that's precisely where we are. We members/fans are being conditioned to have low expectations. This shows through all the Club's public communications.

Yep, nailed it.

We knew exactly what the Crows were going to bring, and we knew it wasn't great football. They got lucky with a few dribbled snaps that went through, and they got a few goals over the back which will happen every week against us, even if we execute perfectly, like against West Coast.

The fact that we got back into the game so quickly when we moved Howard forward would surprise nobody except maybe Hinkley. But lol who cares, because we all know that we'll elect to ignore that lesson and **** back up our forward structure asap.

3 goals after 50 odd inside 50s. We've played 3 tall forwards who don't provide a lot of presence, but that's not really on them. Westhoff has played 250 games lacking presence when playing as a forward. Ryder isn't a key forward and has never consistently played well there. Marshall is skinny and green.

We know that the nature of a showdown means there will be a lot of hacked kicks forward. We know that the Crows thrive off of driving out of half back, and we decided to high ball in 60 forward entries.

I've said it before, but under any other coach in the league, John Butcher is still on our list, 150+ games in, playing a competent but not excellent packbusting, target man forward type role. Think Kurt Tippett. The total disregard our coaches have had for the forward line over the past 6 years has led to the comical ******** we saw yesterday where we may as well have had a brick wall on the F50 arc for 3 quarters.

Any Crows supporters coming in here to claim that as an impressive win are in for a rude shock when they play any team that isn't complete ****.
Unfortunately I think the reason Howard got you back in the game was that Talia was off getting his nose fixed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back