Review Hard Fought 16 Point Win Over The Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I have the right to apologise for your (and others') rudeness on behave of the rest of this forum. The responses to the post were totally out of order. He was in no way trolling and congratulated us on the win.
Nobody was rude. We don't have to arse kiss every oppo supporter who comes on here. He/she was implying that Brisbane got the worst of the umpiring. Some of us didn't agree with her/him and he/she kept arguing. That rarely ends well....was best they moved on.

I have the right to apologise for your (and others') rudeness on behave of the rest of this forum. The responses to the post were totally out of order. He was in no way trolling and congratulated us on the win.

No you don’t. Your opinion is no more valid than mine. I am more than happy for you to disagree and to voice that disagreement but you do not speak for all of me or the rest of the board. That is presumptuous.

Sorry about my colleagues, you were measured and fair in your analysis. The Naughton shove of two people was a particularly poor oversight. Love watching your young guns such as McCluggage and Berry play and wish you guys all the best for the rest of the season (as long as it's not our expense).

Making excuses for why your team lost is what you consider analysis? Hahahaha good one cobber.

Read word 6 through word 19 in my post.

I did. But it's faint praise because it's followed with the standard 'we should've been up by x amount at half time, a few ordinary decisions' guff.

I reckon if I ventured to any opposition board after my team lost and started mentioning my team should've been up and poor umpiring I would be told in no uncertain terms where to go.

Last edited:
Not allowed to discuss the game?
Geez last time I post on another team forum. Enjoyed the game. Give you some credit. Tell you out footballed us. Actually said that the umpires didn’t determine the result and was more an observation from our perspective.
I’ll leave yous to enjoy the win :thumbsu:
Ignore the salt, it's good having opposition fans give their view, I encourage it along with many others provided people aren't gloating after a win or sooking after a loss (you did neither so nothing wrong in my books)

Doesn't help that we had a smartarse brisbane supporter come on here after the GC game and tell us the umpires couldn't get us over the line. Glad we won yesterday.

It was so good being able to buy cans of carlton draft ($7 much better than the mid strength crap at marvel), stand on the outer, freezing cold, with a vocal small but passionate crowd. Felt like back at the old days at Western oval.

Great win to boot too, made the train ride back to Melbourne much more bearable.

May be losing to Carltsh*t was the loss we had to have. footy is a weird game between the ears.
Those two losses could very much be the difference between making the finals and not. At this stage I think we could get around 11-12 wins. If we got those two that would put us at 13-14 wins and in the 8 at the end of the season. But who knows it is such an even competition that we may get a couple more upsets and it may come down to % and 11-12 wins may get in.

Given our upcoming couple of months with away games in Geelong, Perth against West Coast and Adelaide against Port plus GWS towards the end of the season, having those two in the win column would give us a buffer. They were home games against bottom 4 teams, absolutely wasted and will come back to haunt us when we still have to play top 4 teams away.

Doesn't help that we had a smartarse brisbane supporter come on here after the GC game and tell us the umpires couldn't get us over the line. Glad we won yesterday.

I’m with you on this - if you go to another board you have to be absolutely polite. We don’t want to hear their bullshit gripes, they can air them on their own board. Should either be simply consolations or congratulations.

It’s not their forum. It’s ours and we shouldn’t have to be ******* polite to any outsiders ffs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not allowed to discuss the game?
Geez last time I post on another team forum. Enjoyed the game. Give you some credit. Tell you out footballed us. Actually said that the umpires didn’t determine the result and was more an observation from our perspective.
I’ll leave yous to enjoy the win :thumbsu:
Dude, sorry about the shite you copped. Welcome back anytime in my opinion.

Those two losses could very much be the difference between making the finals and not. At this stage I think we could get around 11-12 wins. If we got those two that would put us at 13-14 wins and in the 8 at the end of the season. But who knows it is such an even competition that we may get a couple more upsets and it may come down to % and 11-12 wins may get in.

Given our upcoming couple of months with away games in Geelong, Perth against West Coast and Adelaide against Port plus GWS towards the end of the season, having those two in the win column would give us a buffer. They were home games against bottom 4 teams, absolutely wasted and will come back to haunt us when we still have to play top 4 teams away.
And to make it worse we lost a lot of percentage in that pusillanimous performance against Carlton.

Some perspective there. The lions are lauded for their young and inexperienced talent. We are younger and less experienced.

Averages can be skewed by outliers.
The core of our team are close to the average age who were kids three years ago with a few mature aged that haven’t played as many games as their ages suggest plus our kids Ed, Young, Naughts and Smith at the other end.

Brisbane have more older blokes - they have a Hodge who’s played more games than our TWO most experienced players combined and Martin who is 32 and a few in the 28-30 age bracket - and slightly more younger blokes under 22.

The key to us is our best players ( other than Naughton) and most of our team in general are all in that 22-26 age range and 80-120 games and they were our intact premiership core who now have enough experience as a team.

Brisbane is more an uneven mix of old veterans that bump up the averages and youngsters or trades that haven’t played together as much as our still young core

We are at the stage that our team is a good balance of youthful experience and very youthful potential and English, Schache and Boyd only make the averages drop further. Commentators love underplaying our youth even though it was mentioned we were the youngest every week last year many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will definitely bank the 4 points and sometimes you have to be lucky.

The win is tempered a little by the knowledge that had the Lions kicked straight in the first half the game may well have been over at HT and not in our favour. They were also a man down for most of the game. Still, swings and roundabouts. We've handed a couple over ourselves this year.

Next time we meet I think we'll go a lot harder a lot earlier. A worthy opponent the Lions. Good to get a sight and a win at this time of the year.

Don’t forget they have an older more experienced side not that anyone in the media noticed!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back