Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the Bear is fit for sept. Has temperament and game made for finals. Has to be there whenthe whips are cracking
Nah, that suggests he’s a seasoned veteran. He’s a very talented young player with nearly all the tools, but he’s got stacks of development left and that isn’t going to come to fruition if he’s on ice until September. He needs to get right, and relatively quickly, to leave a serious stamp on 2019.

Well, we have now finally gotten to the bottom of what's been happening with Sier ...

... he's been busy growing a third arm! :eek:

190509_940_Sier.jpg

He's not the Bear at all. He's Goro from Mortal Kombat!

Nah, that suggests he’s a seasoned veteran. He’s a very talented young player with nearly all the tools, but he’s got stacks of development left and that isn’t going to come to fruition if he’s on ice until September. He needs to get right, and relatively quickly, to leave a serious stamp on 2019.
Exactly right.

Actually there was a second rate Carlton rover by the name of Ted Hopkins who was thrown to the wolves by Barassi in the '70 GF and played the game of his career.

It can happen . . .

Only against Collingwood . . . rollseyes.gif
Funny thing about Hopkins.

Only ever played one more game after that GF.
Round 1 the next season then retired to peruse other interests.

What’s forgotten was in the second semi final Collingwood v Carlton he was sent on as well and kicked 2.2.
A precursor as it were.
Only ever kicked 10 goals in his career.

Funny thing about Hopkins.

Only ever played one more game after that GF.
Round 1 the next season then retired to peruse other interests.

What’s forgotten was in the second semi final Collingwood v Carlton he was sent on as well and kicked 2.2.
A precursor as it were.
Only ever kicked 10 goals in his career.
Yep that sort of sh!t happens all the time to us.

I know Sier didnt kill it in the VFL today but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up to the seniors this week, especially if Beams doesn't make it (and in Adam's ongoing absence). Sier adds a point of difference to how we play, a different dimension to the midfield structure. Bringing him in would change us up in a way that none of the other senior players, languishing in the VFL, can do. Think he plays better at senior level too. Will wait for this week's team selection with interest.

I know Sier didnt kill it in the VFL today but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called up to the seniors this week, especially if Beams doesn't make it (and in Adam's ongoing absence). Sier adds a point of difference to how we play, a different dimension to the midfield structure. Bringing him in would change us up in a way that none of the other senior players, languishing in the VFL, can do. Think he plays better at senior level too. Will wait for this week's team selection with interest.
He was quite good overall.

Yes he could return, even this week.

Example, on which scale is Sier not a better option than say Wills?

We know for certain a healthy Beams returns, that’s locked in.

Suspect that Mayne misses for concussion. So that’s a simple Beams swap.

Thomas with his leg issue might also miss.

Cox should be back in so there’s that.

Aish returning?

Be very very very interesting at selection this week.

Would rather have 50% game time from Sier than from Wills. One IS the future.
Sier is just a better player.

Wills I feel for, he’s battled injury and by rights could have a good run of a few games.

But.

Best teams need to be picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty confident that Sier will get at least one more in the VFL.

He spent quite a bit of time on the bench, and faded in and out when he was on the ground, so my own feeling is that he'll linger in the twos for another week.

On the weekend we had Thomas, Brown and Phillips all end up at the centre bounce on at least one occassion. Sier would have been better.

We brought in two slow players to play against the Blues (dumb, but we got away with it)....the Saints are playing fast footy as well. Please bring in some speed.

The players with speed in the VFL are Varcoe, Quaynor, Sier and Wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back