A-League Finals Week Two - Semi Finals!

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I love that you're not allowed to sneeze in the direction of a goalkeeper in the A-League... until you are.

3 minutes before we were reminded that we're playing league's golden child (and that we're dealing with Slater on commentary) :rolleyes:
Almost needs to be obstruction but not sure what you can do.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Completely fair goal

I'm not even arguing whether it was or wasn't fair - I'm saying that it gets paid a foul 9 times out of 10 in the A-League because our referees typically think you can't even glare too meanly at a keeper.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't really think that's offside. Would be a poor call if they did. Mvfc just can't do a thing right in this game.
He was in an offside position when the ball was played and was in the line of vision of the keeper.

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
lol the WACA you are kidding right? That joints a shithole and doesn’t even hold more than 30k and it doesn’t even have full seating.

Besides there has only been one soccer match played at Optus stadium and from all reports the viewing was pretty good.

The stadium will sell out or close to it’s 60k capacity and it will be fantastic!

All these nuffies complaining against playing at oval stadiums ffs do you want the game to grow or not? be thankful we have these beautiful stadiums to showcase the leagues biggest day!

Will not get close to selling out, and it is is an awful venue for soccer. Not to mention you lose any sense of atmosphere and the active support is nullified. I don't think that is how you grow the game. I hope I am wrong but I feel sunday might be a bit embarassing for us.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Will not get close to selling out, and it is is an awful venue for soccer. Not to mention you lose any sense of atmosphere and the active support is nullified. I don't think that is how you grow the game. I hope I am wrong but I feel sunday might be a bit embarassing for us.
Should have kept it at NIB. Sold out 22k and had the place pumping. Now, they may get 35k and it'll look empty with no atmosphere.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
So the VAR is checking a penalty and upholding the decision within ten seconds when it's a line ball call? F*ck off.

Back