Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough re ratings.

I guess that they felt he is the ideal back up ruck to Darcy moving fwd. In hindsight maybe we should have passed on Jesse and topped up the midfield with a potential gun? Shows the club feels Cerra and Brayshaw are up to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally didn't want either Hogan or Lobb. I was concerned about Hogan with the foot and also because I worry about his mentality given 90% of his good performances for Melbourne were against bottom 10 teams. Then when we all found out about the mental health issues I was livid we took the risk.

For Lobb I just didn't think he was a good enough forward and still don't. Wouldn't play him there over Tabs, Cam or Cox. Also don't think he is remotely worth the price we paid if he is playing ruck. As a ruck/forward package he is decent, but not a big enough improvement on Tabs for the price. The one thing I do concede with him is that I can see the tools for him to go to the next level and I hope that is what the club thinks will happen.

100% I wanted us to take 5 and 6 to the draft. I wanted Rozee and Smith (although he is supposed to have been homesick before even leaving).

FTR, I am positive the club rates both Andy and Cez very highly.

Gary Lyon and Mike Sheahan think Tim English will be a top 5 player in the comp within a few years. Very Max Gawn like.

Love hearing them spout lines like this so that on 5 years time they can claim being a genius.

And if he doesn't work out, no one will remember. How many people said Jonathan O'Rourke would be a top 5 player in the comp or similar?

Tom Boyd?

Harley Bennell?

Anthony Morabito?

Yeah, anyone who doesnt think he's worth at least a top 10 pick is taking crazy pills. Chances of getting a player better then Kelly from picks 5-10 are pretty slim, historically speaking

Yep that's what freo have to way up,is our pick 8 or what ever gunna match T.Kellys current level....If we've got the cash and it doesn't imbalance the books I hope we go hard for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are being too harsh on our recruiting staff. Every other club in the AFL overlooked him multiple times. I had watched him playing for Souths and thought he was good but never realized he could go to this level. Anyway good on Tim Kelly for persevering and forging a great career (so far)

We are being too harsh on our recruiting staff. Every other club in the AFL overlooked him multiple times. I had watched him playing for Souths and thought he was good but never realized he could go to this level. Anyway good on Tim Kelly for persevering and forging a great career (so far)
To be fair, Kelly didn't take his footy serious enough for an AFL environment until his last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back