Remove this Banner Ad

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
This is the type of game you bring Brodie back in - Port , Geelong , GWS good team . As for Ben king round 12 vs North ,Rd 13 St Kilda , after bye Rd 15 Sydney.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Ha ha I love it SUNS. Dry track is always better for us. Our inside mids always aren’t the same size in terms of nuggetiness (if thats a word) as the opposition.

Wines being out is a massive help as is Grey which was mentioned earlier. I would have like Lemmons in for this but seems highly unlikely he gets up

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Is the nature of the Lemmens injury known yet? From memory they were icing up the top of his foot/ankle.
Not yet, but looks similar.

At one point on the telecast they looked to try and re-strap his ankle and get him up and going again, but just didn't go. Maybe it's not as severe as last time? We won't know until Tuesday the earliest.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Not yet, but looks similar.

At one point on the telecast they looked to try and re-strap his ankle and get him up and going again, but just didn't go. Maybe it's not as severe as last time? We won't know until Tuesday the earliest.
With them trying to re-strap it, might not have been as bad as first thought.

Maybe a couple of weeks hopefully.

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Is the weather an equaliser or does that hinder us?
Hard to know isn't it. In theory it suits our contested game and helps restrict ports scoring... On the other hand it'll be even harder for us to move out of defence and score ourselves.

I dont see Port turning the ball over anywhere near as much as Melbourne did last week, even in the wet.

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I think we are defiantly a chance here.

Port are seriously banged up and have a swathe of injuries. No Wines or Gray, there 2 big match winners.

Would be a fantastic result if we could somehow nab it.
So is Jonas, Ebert, Dixon, Hartlett - Jonas and Ebert probably due back this week but if Port butcher the ball like they usually do, it will be a tight contest. Rockliff, Boak, Powell-Pepper just blast away or hack kicks from a contest - great for fantasy football, but crap for their team!

As usual we're a shot at any team if we show up at the contest and put pressure on the ball carrier. Consistency is getting better and the gap between our best and worst football is narrowing. Dew been at the club now for 18 months so is starting to find his message and philosophies come to play now.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Kane Cornes said on afl website that ports depth is limited Aidyn Johnson and Kane Farrell came in but had little impact.

If we can put in a solid team and have our 16-22 do more than theirs whilst keeping their prime movers in check we’re not without a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ebert and Jonas still out. Robbie Gray test - I would be surprised if he plays 2 weeks after broken hand.
Port missing best 22 - Dixon, Wines, Jonas, Ebert, Burton, Hartlett, Watts, possibly R. Gray. We got a good chance to win it. Or we fall off badly :)

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Went to Ports board to get an idea of what their team might look like
No idea!
So much fighting and general disdain for Hinkley.

Most want Frampton in the forward line but there is talk of Dougal Howard forward and Westhoff to play key defence on Peter Wright. - Seems weird to me.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Went to Ports board to get an idea of what their team might look like
No idea!
So much fighting and general disdain for Hinkley.

Most want Frampton in the forward line but there is talk of Dougal Howard forward and Westhoff to play key defence on Peter Wright. - Seems weird to me.
They really turned on Hinkley :) I can't imagine Rankine and Lukosius to go back to Adelaide. It's a pure hell there if your team is losing. Dew joked on radio that this week that Port players spend a lot of time inside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back