Opinion Our next 6 weeks: Tougher than it seems

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The really bad thing is it forces you to barrack for Essendon and Carlton, because if they win enough games and make the top 8, we'll get to enjoy having beaten them.
Not sure I can ever do that.

Not for the blues. Yuk.

The really bad thing is it forces you to barrack for Essendon and Carlton, because if they win enough games and make the top 8, we'll get to enjoy having beaten them.
Yep, and it means instead of kicking the last five goals of the game like we did on Saturday, it’s best to just kick the last two and rush a few behinds, then play keepings off...

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's a tough call. Either hope the Blues make finals some time in the future or never get to enjoy the wins we have against them.
I prefer my blues mired in the bottom of the ladder.

:)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s a very even season. Four points is gold, and 14 wins will probably be top 4.
On pure % win loss we are tracking for 16 wins as a minimum (16.5 wins).

Let’s hope we surpass that.

The Dawes

Premiership Player
Feb 19, 2008
Punxutawney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Notts County FC,
of this block of games, it's Sydney at the SCG that causes me the most angst.

Can't remember us ever playing well there and I'm sure Buddy will manage to wind back the years and kick a bag.

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
St Kilda
Sydney
Freo
Melbourne

Leading into the bye it seems like it's an ok run of games but each game here will possess something different for us to navigate so we need to really be on high alert.

We have done a great job so far to this point.

Soaring Magpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
St Kilda
Sydney
Freo
Melbourne

Leading into the bye it seems like it's an ok run of games but each game here will possess something different for us to navigate so we need to really be on high alert.

We have done a great job so far to this point.
If we are seriously challenging, which I certainly believe we are, and a putting together a solid season,we win all 4 of these.
It is time however to start putting together more complete performances, we have been a little inconsistent within games.
I’d love to see them stamp on the throat of an opposition and really produce a flogging.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I can't tell if these close wins against mediocre teams are papering over some fundamental issues or that they demonstrate a maturity in the team. A bit of both I think.

I can't tell if these close wins against mediocre teams are papering over some fundamental issues or that they demonstrate a maturity in the team. A bit of both I think.
We have two issues to overcome.
1. Injuries to key players
2. Kicking for goal

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Where are we at, 5/5 with 1 to go?

We have done remarkably well especially considering our injuries. This block of games is really setting up our season. I think the past 5 weeks have shown that the teams we played have been tough contests. Three (Ess, Carl, Syd) have been really close games.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
We have two issues to overcome.
1. Injuries to key players
2. Kicking for goal

Yeah agree. Our yips are frustrating. I also think we can improve at the centre clearances. And consistency over the whole game. But we're looking really good overall.

Back