Farrand

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2003
England
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Side Hawkwing
Can'ne wait to see what Rossy says about this one. I imagine something like the players didn't stick to the structures and everyone will have to go back and reflect.

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it ever? Would you ever concede that the buck stops with the coach?
Is it ever the players fault? I don’t think Ross was out coached. Our players were out played. Lost one on ones almost all night. Poor games from almost everyone. Especially our impenetrable defence

Last edited:

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
He also cops it for the stuffed up pre-season that he put in place, and Crows supporters rip into him about his game plan, not playing the young players etc. Their board is similar to quite a few other bf boards where they are unhappy with the coach, and very similar to ours. Seem to think changing coaches is the solution to everything.
You have to understand that Adelaide are even more insular than WC. It IS wall to wall old boys.

Unless you are an Adelaide lad with non-Port Maggies SANFL ties, you are on borrowed time. Coaches don't tend to last, outside of Gummy Craig.

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
If you’re my coach and I run against Usain bolt is it your fault I lost? Players were **** tonight and our ball movement atrocious. Not much to do with the coach in this one
You're blind. You cant see the we're devoid of any concise plan or vision. You cant see that our players arent being taught to play the right way

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it ever? Would you ever concede that the buck stops with the coach?

Do you ever blame the players?
Ross isn’t out there Fumbling.
Ross isn’t missing kicks at goal
Ross isn’t giving away cheap needless holding frees
Ross isn’t handballing to players under pressure.
Ross isn’t choosing to go for marks in defense rather than spoiling

If we had composure we’d win.
We had more i50s, more clearances, more, center clearances & more stoppage clearances.

Our decision making and kicking skills are not there for whatever reason.

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do you ever blame the players?
Ross isn’t out there Fumbling.
Ross isn’t missing kicks at goal
Ross isn’t giving away cheap needless holding frees
Ross isn’t handballing to players under pressure.
Ross isn’t choosing to go for marks in defense rather than spoiling

If we had composure we’d win.
We had more i50s, more clearances, more, center clearances & more stoppage clearances.

Our decision making and kicking skills are not there for whatever reason.
So we can’t train for those scenarios? We can’t do skills training? Whose decision is it to not focus on skills? The players? Doubtful.

Why even have coaches if it’s all solely on the players?

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
So we can’t train for those scenarios? We can’t do skills training? Whose decision is it to not focus on skills? The players? Doubtful.

Of course they’d focus on skills. I’d hope so anyways. Let’s not take away Richmond’s pressure. They were on us all day. Pressure creates error.

When the team is selected and they don’t play as per planned, there isn’t much Ross can do.
He threw Cerra middle Brayshaw wing and Hill back/forward. He made changes. What else do you expect him to do game day?

Coach blaming is such a cop out here.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals

Players were flat out awful today bar Fyfe and Lobb. What is Ross supposed to do? That's our first 'poor' performance from the collective this year, whilst extremely disappointing it was coming with the squad we have and combined with the slog of last week.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Players were flat out awful today bar Fyfe and Lobb. What is Ross supposed to do? That's our first 'poor' performance from the collective this year, whilst extremely disappointing it was coming with the squad we have and combined with the slog of last week.
Work on our spread at contests to ensure 10 people do not go for the ball, leaving 10 people on the outside.

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
You're blind. You cant see the we're devoid of any concise plan or vision. You cant see that our players arent being taught to play the right way
Or some of our players just weren’t hard at it tonight. I don’t have a Ross bone like many on here, but tonight was lost based on player effort and skill. Not the coach

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Some deluded people here ....it's never Ross fault well I got news for you he is the leader of the club and has to be held responsible it's his dour game plan that the players can't implement

How was that game a dour game plan? Last week he gets criticised for a defensive game plan where no one scores so this week it was exactly the opposite and a free flowing game. Our wings were very poor and our defence read too much about themselves all week and had their worst game for a long time. Also Richmond were elite at moving the ball, handballing and tapping and knocking it to teammates, best I have seen in quite a while.

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

The hate is strong in this one. Even when the performance has nothing to do with the coach, you still criticise the coaching. It was players today, pure and simple

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Or some of our players just weren’t hard at it tonight. I don’t have a Ross bone like many on here, but tonight was lost based on player effort and skill. Not the coach
Game was lost on the outside, Tigers moving the ball forward at all times, skilled and tenacious.
While we are trying to create congestion, they just handballed, tapped the ball la Hawks.
Will we ever learn? Congestion kills our game on the rebound, this style of play is ugly takes it toll
and is it sustainable? 2015 has come and gone.

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Game was lost on the outside, Tigers moving the ball forward at all times, skilled and tenacious.
While we are trying to create congestion, they just handballed, tapped the ball la Hawks.
Will we ever learn? Congestion kills our game on the rebound, this style of play is ugly takes it toll
and is it sustainable? 2015 has come and gone.
We tried to handball ALOT. But our execution let us down. Are you suggesting it’s Ross’ fault? We fumbled everything, dropped chest marks and had more inside 50’s. At times we were not hard at the footy and had far too many passengers. It was a game we should have won,, but our effort and execution was lacking. Not game plan at all (IMO)

Last edited:
Back