Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I know of many men that dont pay any child support. This means the mother financially supports the child in her own. It is laughable that some of you misogynists think these dropkicks should have been able to force the mum to have an abortion rather than choose to do with her body to have and love her child.

It is the womans choice.

Whether or not a man wants to pay child support should have no bearing on a womans choice. FFS do you think it reasonable to take a pregnant woman against her will and force an abortion on her because her drop kick sperm doner realises the financial responsibility beyond him?

And some of you call yourselves libertarians. You're hybrid of handmaides tale and mad max.

You are not libertarians, you're misogynists first.
How about the child?
Should children be brought into the world and set up to fail just to keep someone else happy?

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
I know of many men that dont pay any child support. This means the mother financially supports the child in her own. It is laughable that some of you misogynists think these dropkicks should have been able to force the mum to have an abortion rather than choose to do with her body to have and love her child.

It is the womans choice.

Whether or not a man wants to pay child support should have no bearing on a womans choice. FFS do you think it reasonable to take a pregnant woman against her will and force an abortion on her because her drop kick sperm doner realises the financial responsibility beyond him?

And some of you call yourselves libertarians. You're hybrid of handmaides tale and mad max.

If you think that we are misogynists then I think that you are a baby killer.

Apr 13, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Should it be a consideration in your mind?

I can't make this decision for anyone. I am pretty sure if you and i were advising a pregnant qoman of her choices i wpuld be guaging her on how SHE felt about abortion or whether or not she wants the baby, if the guilt of abortion would weigh heavily on her.

Not every decision comes down to a bottom line.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I can't make this decision for anyone. I am pretty sure if you and i were advising a pregnant qoman of her choices i wpuld be guaging her on how SHE felt about abortion or whether or not she wants the baby, if the guilt of abortion would weigh heavily on her.

It is a reality
You just had a rant about dead beat dads and cash
There is always adoption

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
You're desperately trying to protect mens rights here yet you've done nothing but deflect.

You're a coward.

What are mens rights when it comes to abortion.?

State them or stfu.
Men should have a say in the birth.
If a woman wants to have the baby and the man doesnt, it is fair that the woman can have the child and have the financial and welfare responsibility herself.
Or.. adoption

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
It is laughable that some of you misogynists think these dropkicks should have been able to force the mum to have an abortion rather than choose to do with her body to have and love her child.

It is the womans choice.

Say if she cant? Can you force her to abort?
I am pretty sure if you and i were advising a pregnant qoman of her choices i wpuld be guaging her on how SHE felt about abortion or whether or not she wants the baby, if the guilt of abortion would weigh heavily on her.

You are very focused on it all being about the woman only.
Seems your point is that only the woman and her feelings matter, don't worry about the man or the child that might be born

Feminism is about equality, so surely such a life changing event should be able to have a conversation around it by 2 parties and a decision made?

The father and (particularly) the unborn baby do not get a voice in the decision if the gov are not involved.

I'm not even entirely against abortion, just against the cheap way it is regarded as being and an issue of "a woman and her body". It is clearly more than that.
Reproductive rights of a woman? Think that may fall under feminism, at least until men can carry a pregnancy to full term.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reproductive rights of a woman? Think that may fall under feminism, at least until men can carry a pregnancy to full term.
But that's an over simplification that assumes the unborn baby has no rights. A baby 1 minute after birth has human rights. To kill it would be murder. The more extreme elements of feminism believe that 1 minute prior to birth, it has zero rights. What a difference 2 minutes can make.

The debate is at what point does the baby gain rights. Personally I'm ok with abortions that are done early and with good reason. But it's an ugly look (to put it mildly) to see such a large movement make the killing of babies one of its top priorities. I guess they've run out of reasonable things to claim victim status over.

But that's an over simplification that assumes the unborn baby has no rights. A baby 1 minute after birth has human rights. To kill it would be murder. The more extreme elements of feminism believe that 1 minute prior to birth, it has zero rights. What a difference 2 minutes can make.

The debate is at what point does the baby gain rights. Personally I'm ok with abortions that are done early and with good reason. But it's an ugly look (to put it mildly) to see such a large movement make the killing of babies one of its top priorities. I guess they've run out of reasonable things to claim victim status over.
No point in discussing further when you start using such emotive language.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I apologise if I left any man out.

There were a total of 309,142 births by women in Australia in 2017, couldn't find one by a man.

No wonder.

They're too busy going out and working to pay for the things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back