Brian Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

For some reason when I first read your post, it sounded like you and Brian Taylor meet every Thursday at the local shop, play darts and watch footy together. I wasn't sure where you were going with that at first ;)

He would cop so much s**t up here.

These guys watch league so they are used to * wits on the telly. But even so BT was just head and shoulders above any previous bollocks.

That’s 20 years away Bruce retiring though...
Well I think this contact that 7 has atm will see Bruce off.
By the time that happens Bruce will be almost 70 plus his only doing 1 game a week and that's Being Thursday night football.
So get ready for Taylor and brayshaw tomorrow night

Speaking of Tony Jones, AFL players need to get a "Chompers" thing going with Brian Taylor for every Roaming Brian episode. Find something that gets under his skin and have every player pile on.
We should present Brian a walking frame

Don't ban him, do the opposite in fact. Volunteer to do an interview with him then ******* trash him during it.

On MMM when they used to get into him for his biases he'd just go quiet or be a flog. The bias and dislike is clearly there. Confront him on it on live TV when he's not expecting it and see the flog turn to water.
He’s probably still p1sswd his normal bully boy tactics didn’t work on a 19yo Mick Martyn

BT is saying he will deliberately mispronounce Fantasia so he can keep his circus going.

He bizarrely chooses xenophobia as the excuse: "In Italy, it's pronounced 'Fanta-sia'. Guess where we live? Australia. And we call it 'Fan-tay-sha'," "We pronounce it with the Australianism in it"

You know what's Australian? Respecting people's heritage.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-follow-suit-on-fantasia-20190511-p51mce.html
---
Veteran AFL broadcaster Brian Taylor says he won't change how he pronounces Essendon forward Orazio Fantasia's surname, despite his fellow Channel Seven commentators correcting its pronunciation on Friday night.
During a Triple M broadcast on Saturday afternoon, Taylor said 'Fan-tay-sha' – rather than 'Fanta-sia' – was the "Australian" way to pronounce the 23-year-old's name, despite Bombers skipper Dyson Heppell saying it was incorrect.

"We don't pronounce Italian names in Australia in the full Italian way," Taylor said.
"We pronounce it with the Australianism in it, and that's how we'll continue to do it."

The debate kicked off the previous night when Heppell confirmed to Channel Seven commentator Hamish McLachlan the correct way to say Orazio's surname.
"So BT's [Taylor] not here tonight, he's having a sleep in. Orazio is back in. 'Fan-tay-sha' or 'Fanta-sia'?", McLachlan asked during the pre-match interview.
"'Fanta-sia'," Heppell responded. "'Fanta-sia' it is. So yeah, I think everyone's been running 'Fan-tay-sha', but it is 'Fanta-sia'."

"So from here on, it must be 'Fanta-sia'?" McLachlan asked.
"Yeah, I'd like to see that happen, that'd be good," Heppell replied.

In response, the Channel Seven commentary team, made up of Bruce McAvaney, Basil Zempilas, Jimmy Bartel and Wayne Carey, used the Italian pronunciation for the rest of the broadcast.

But the following day, Taylor made it clear he would not be following suit in the commentary box."In Italy, it's pronounced 'Fanta-sia'. Guess where we live? Australia. And we call it 'Fan-tay-sha'," Taylor said.

"I'm with you," said fellow panellist and former Geelong player Billy Brownless, laughing.

On Saturday evening, a spokesperson for the Essendon Football Club confirmed the correct Italian pronunciation was "Fanta-sia" but said "Orazio is comfortable if people continue to run with 'Fan-tay-sha' pronunciation".

Fantasia himself told Triple M in August last year how his surname should be pronounced.
When asked by the hosts of The Rub if they should change to that pronounciation, he laughed it off, saying: "I'm not sure BT could run with that."

"I've had it all through high school and primary," Fantasia said.
"No one can say it properly so it's just normal for me now."

Lots of snowflakes on this board. Banning people for having an opinion.

Grow a set and move on.

What next? Ban people from booing at the football.
No wonder today’s youth are like they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grow a set and move on.

He's a campaigner, am i allowed to have that opinion mate?

Grow a set and move on.

I blame Laura Kane.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brian Taylor is good for footy and it is typical of Australia that so many people spend so much time whingeing about him.

He's a bit of a character, sometimes a bit of a goose, but have you ever tried commentating a game of footy?

Taylor brings excitement, his calls are almost never dull even when the game is (which is often these days).

Hate on Taylor but next time you walk past a mirror, take a hard look at a hater. Cos that's all you are.

Brian Taylor is good for footy and it is typical of Australia that so many people spend so much time whingeing about him.

He's a bit of a character, sometimes a bit of a goose, but have you ever tried commentating a game of footy?

Taylor brings excitement, his calls are almost never dull even when the game is (which is often these days).

Hate on Taylor but next time you walk past a mirror, take a hard look at a hater. Cos that's all you are.

There seems to be a fair bit of anger, judgement, and dare I say it, hate in your post. Watch out for those mirrors.

Who could surpass his brilliant signature commentary moves: "Boy oh Boy" and "Woweee" - sublime; absolutely sublime

catch phrases, soap boxes that last a whole quarter/game, stating the rules incorrectly and endless back in my day is not good for footy. The game is exciting, BT is just "look at me" personified.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back