MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan was having a shot from about 50m late in the game (maybe just before 3QT). I said to my housemate there's no way he'll get the journey from here. My housemate disagreed. He didn't even get close. I looked like a genius but any MFC fan would have had absolute certainty he'd not get it.

their list isn't that bad, christ look at the teams on paper the gold coast and the saints are putting out; absolutely putrid, yet they're playing some simple and effective football

Carlton ironically probably needed to dump Bolton and get Ratten last year

their list isn't that bad, christ look at the teams on paper the gold coast and the saints are putting out; absolutely putrid, yet they're playing some simple and effective football

Carlton ironically probably needed to dump Bolton and get Ratten last year

St kilda have been really good this year. We all would agree their list is pretty damn average but they’re playing extremely well in a system that suits them.

what position does he play? Who would he push out

Small forward / half forward

I watch a lot of Geelong games I thought he was great, fast, smart, good kick. Although from memory about Spargo size so we would be getting slot of dr truth posts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season
Jesse Hogan 7 goals
Tom McDonald 6 goals

Demon bhoy 00Stinger

C'mon where's your mouth flapping now
I honestly keep forgetting he's at Freo now, and not just injured again. I didn't watch much of that game, but the most amount of time I saw him on screen was him giving a half hearted chase of a Richmond player before giving up, and then he stayed in shot, because said Richmond player then stopped 5m away from him and waited for an option up field because he wan't under any pressure.

I honestly keep forgetting he's at Freo now, and not just injured again. I didn't watch much of that game, but the most amount of time I saw him on screen was him giving a half hearted chase of a Richmond player before giving up, and then he stayed in shot, because said Richmond player then stopped 5m away from him and waited for an option up field because he wan't under any pressure.

Just can't wait for him to kick 4 goals over the back again after Freo beat Carlton by 10 goals and for the select few to claim he's a playing legend again.

I can't believe how excited I was watching him in his first 2 seasons compared to now how much I don't enjoy watching him. Not many key forwards peak in their debut season.

Just can't wait for him to kick 4 goals over the back again after Freo beat Carlton by 10 goals and for the select few to claim he's a playing legend again.

I can't believe how excited I was watching him in his first 2 seasons compared to now how much I don't enjoy watching him. Not many key forwards peak in their debut season.

He genuinely doesn't give a s**t about footy I reckon. Kane Cornes called Lewis a paycheque player but Hogan is the definition of one.

He genuinely doesn't give a **** about footy I reckon. Kane Cornes called Lewis a paycheque player but Hogan is the definition of one.

Yeah I don't think he cares at all about reaching his potential. He can make 800k a year on his natural talents. He hasn't improved any of his forwsrd craft since he started playing with us and I don't think he cares about doing that

Yeah I don't think he cares at all about reaching his potential. He can make 800k a year on his natural talents. He hasn't improved any of his forwsrd craft since he started playing with us and I don't think he cares about doing that
I'd go a step further than that, and theorise that his forward craft has gotten worse since his first season or two, because he's discovered that continually calling for the ball over the back, and looking to body up on a defender and get a free kick, rather than providing a lead, or crashing a pack is a much easier way to get goals ... work smarter, not harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back